Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Bortles better than Manziel?

Right now I think so. Bortles is like a hybrid between Tannehill and a younger Big Ben. I actually think he may have more upside than Manziel.

And to add another question. Are either worthy of being the 3rd pick?  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've watched enough of Manziel to say he'd be worth it. Bortles came out of nowhere for me since I'm not from Florida, so I can't love or hate him.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM by Haterade.)

Bortles is more durable and his girlfriend is hotter FWIW

So Bortles isn't playing the field? What a loser. I hate him. At least Manziel keeps refining his game.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Bortles is more durable.

I don't care about that if Manziel is a better quarterback.

Bottles is the safer pick with a lower ceiling and higher floor. Manziel is currently a far more effective player at college level and in my opinion has a much higher ceiling. There is a lot of talk about his game translating to the NFL, but he can easily be as effective as Wilson. He's a very dangerous player, and his leadership is immense.

Manziel for me, is worth the risk. Too much upside to ignore

Yes. 

No. 

/thread.

Quote:Bottles is the safer pick with a lower ceiling and higher floor. Manziel is currently a far more effective player at college level and in my opinion has a much higher ceiling. There is a lot of talk about his game translating to the NFL, but he can easily be as effective as Wilson. He's a very dangerous player, and his leadership is immense.

Manziel for me, is worth the risk. Too much upside to ignore
this

No. Bortles isn't as accurate, hasn't played against as stiff competition, and is too inconsistent right now. He's a second round talent and not ready for the NFL.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Nope.

And to be honest, size doesn't matter since relevant NFL offenses primarily use shotgun now.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:No. Bortles isn't as accurate, hasn't played against as stiff competition, and is too inconsistent right now. He's a second round talent and not ready for the NFL.

Technically he is more accurate....

Quote:No. 

/thread.

Tell me why. I don't remember seeing why you don't like Bortles.

No Bortles is just bigger a taller, thats the only thing he has on Manziel from what I seen from them playing in college. Johnny has done everything you would want a top QB prospect to do on the football field, if he was 6'3 he would be a look for the number 1 pick.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:No Bortles is just bigger a taller, thats the only thing he has on Manziel from what I seen from them playing in college. Johnny has done everything you would want a top QB prospect to do on the football field, if he was 6'3 he would be a look for the number 1 pick.

And Bortles hasn't done everything you want a top Qb prospect to do?

Improve their record each year?

Be clutch in end of game situations?

Take bad team to BCS Bowl?

Win BCS Bowl?

It's a good question.

Manziel is the better college QB, but I see him as a total boom or bust pick...high risk, high reward. I think Bortles will be a decent QB, but won't peak out to the level of Big Ben; I think he's a safer pick to be an average NFL QB. Just for the marketing appeal and excitement value on the field, I am warming up to the idea of Manziel between the two. Manziel, win or lose, would be very fun to watch.

Quote:Technically he is more accurate....
If you want to talk about technicalities, Johnny Manziel has a 70% pass completion and Bortles is at 68%.

Quote:If you want to talk about technicalities, Johnny Manziel has a 70% pass completion and Bortles is at 68%.

Going off of http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45...-conundrum. Takes into account drops.

Technically I was wrong because I misspoke. That is my fault.

Maybe.  Maybe not.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Does it take into account tipped passes that are the fault of the receiver? I've seen that quite a bit with Johnny.

Quote:And Bortles hasn't done everything you want a top Qb prospect to do?

Improve their record each year?

Be clutch in end of game situations?

Take bad team to BCS Bowl?

Win BCS Bowl?
You're talking about accomplishments not actual QB attributes. Bortles over and under throws guys, throws a lot of passes that don't make sense when he's pressured (not the same as wilting, just bad decision making) and sometimes when he's not pressured, stares down his first read too much, and doesn't fool safeties with his eyes, and his ball placement is nothing special. He has a nice body but a long way to go, more so than Johnny who just has a couple mechanic nitpicks leftover that I think he will mostly address in the next few months.