Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's going to be a long 5 months

I already can't take it anymore. -_-

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You don't have to wait that long. Today is January 11. The draft begins May 8. So we are a little less than five months away.

Remember the Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine Game, NFL Combine, and college Pro Days are all going to influence who we pick. We will coach at the Senior Bowl. Know this too: free agency begins March 11, so you will have fun seeing who we pick up before the draft.

Smokescreens are so fun though

Quote:Smokescreens are so fun though

Especially when one of them is, "The Texans are willing to trade their #1 pick." We have three threads about that one lol.

As long as there are playoff games to watch, I am not getting ready for May 8-10.

Quote:You don't have to wait that long. Today is January 11. The draft begins May 8. So we are a little less than five months away.

Remember the Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine Game, NFL Combine, and college Pro Days are all going to influence who we pick. We will coach at the Senior Bowl. Know this too: free agency begins March 11, so you will have fun seeing who we pick up before the draft.

Also, President's Day is coming up!!!!

The April draft was always just around the corner but May seems light years away for some reason. It's only a couple of weeks later (May 8-10) than 2013's (April 25-27).

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:The April draft was always just around the corner but May seems light years away for some reason. It's only a couple of weeks later (May 8-10) than 2013's (April 25-27).

It is only two weeks later. I can live with that.

Quote:I already can't take it anymore. -_-

OK, I'm going to do you a favor....but just cause I like you.  Can't wait 5 months?   Done,  I've now arranged for the draft to be 4 months away.

PS -   Do the math.   :thumbsup:

It's gonna be a real long wait for me as I'm the luckiest Jag alive and will be announcing one of the draft picks at Radio City in May Big Grin

Hope to be the teams good luck charm and have the pick I read become a future HOF'er!

Quote:It's gonna be a real long wait for me as I'm the luckiest Jag alive and will be announcing one of the draft picks at Radio City in May Big Grin

Hope to be the teams good luck charm and have the pick I read become a future HOF'er!

Awesome! How did you swing that?!?!

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Awesome! How did you swing that?!?!

This is me;

"The Jaguars’ top fan in the United Kingdom was honored on stage. Joe Vincent, who lives three hours away in Wales, was honored for his efforts as president of the Union Jax, a Jaguars fan club in the U.K.

Goodell invited him up on stage with his recognizable phrasing.

“With the first pick in the 2013 UK draft, the No. 1 choice is Joe Vincent,” Goodell said.

Vincent and his wife, Rebecca, will be flown to Jacksonville next May for the Jaguars’ draft party. The following day, the team will fly them to New York City, where Vincent will announce a Jaguars pick at the draft.

Vincent has helped the Union Jax reach roughly 20,000 members. He was pleased with the support the team received.

“It’s superb,” said Vincent, who sported a replica jersey of safety Johnathan Cyprien. “There’s loads of teal and loads of black. It’s a really great atmosphere. The fan base is growing.”"

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-10-26/story/london-fans-give-jaguars-royal-greeting-rally'>http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-10-26/story/london-fans-give-jaguars-royal-greeting-rally</a>

*Disclaimer - I don't claim to be Britains top fan, I may however be the luckiest...

Quote:This is me;

"The Jaguars’ top fan in the United Kingdom was honored on stage. Joe Vincent, who lives three hours away in Wales, was honored for his efforts as president of the Union Jax, a Jaguars fan club in the U.K.

“With the first pick in the 2013 UK draft, the No. 1 choice is Joe Vincent,” Goodell said.

Vincent and his wife, Rebecca, will be flown to Jacksonville next May for the Jaguars’ draft party. The following day, the team will fly them to New York City, where Vincent will announce a Jaguars pick at the draft.

Vincent has helped the Union Jax reach roughly 20,000 members. He was pleased with the support the team received.

“It’s superb,” said Vincent, who sported a replica jersey of safety Johnathan Cyprien. “There’s loads of teal and loads of black. It’s a really great atmosphere. The fan base is growing.”"

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-10-26/story/london-fans-give-jaguars-royal-greeting-rally'>http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-10-26/story/london-fans-give-jaguars-royal-greeting-rally</a>

*Disclaimer - I don't claim to be Britains top fan, I may however be the luckiest...
That's awesome! Congratulations!

Quote:That's awesome! Congratulations!

Thank you, or diolch ya fawr as we say in wales Smile

If I was a raging Manziel fanboy like OP I would find a new team to follow. Unless he drops to 37 he isn't coming to Jacksonville.

Quote:This is me;

Very, very cool!   Well done, man.

We appreciate all of you Union Jax folks. 

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 05:55 PM by Vino.)

Quote:If I was a raging Manziel fanboy like OP I would find a new team to follow. Unless he drops to 37 he isn't coming to Jacksonville.
Good thing I live in Jacksonville and don't give a [BAD WORD REMOVED] who we draft, I'll still be fan. [BLEEP] off.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Good thing I live in Jacksonville and don't give a [BAD WORD REMOVED] who we draft, I'll still be fan. [BAD WORD REMOVED] off.

Vino for President!  Only 42 posts and I like this guy already.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Every year I swear I will not get caught up in pre-draft hype too early.  Every year I prove myself wrong.  When is the next mock draft out?????   I can't take it anymore!!!!

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Vino for President!  Only 42 posts and I like this guy already.

+1 the old way

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Every year I swear I will not get caught up in pre-draft hype too early.  Every year I prove myself wrong.  When is the next mock draft out?????   I can't take it anymore!!!!
LOL.   I'm guilty of the same.  I can't lie.  I watched a Manziel cut-up today.   :confused:  

Is it May yet?  Heck - I'd settle for March and a little free agency activity.