Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your divisional round picks!

Quote:That and it's not much of a rivalry in the first place anymore. Some Panthers fans I've spoken with view the Jags as a sort of kindred clan more than a rivalry. 

How awesome it would have been if the Panthers and Jags both made the Super Bowl in their second year.  They came very close. 

I see no reason to hate the Panthers.  

Sad Fact: No Cat team has ever won a Super Bowl.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How awesome it would have been if the Panthers and Jags both made the Super Bowl in their second year.  They came very close. 

I see no reason to hate the Panthers.  

Sad fact: No cat team has ever won a Super Bowl.

I agree. Why hate the Panthers just because they joined the NFL only four weeks before we did? There was never really a rivalry between Carolina and Jacksonville.

Only two cat teams have been to the Super Bowl. One of them went there twice.

Seahawks

Patriots

49rs

Chargers in the big upset (or normal choke job, whatevs).

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 05:01 PM by HiggyJ15.)

A lot of people have been calling the SD upset , I don't see it happening though

Patriots

San Fran

Seahawks

Denver

move on

Quote:A lot of people have been calling the SD upset , I don't see it happening though.

A lot of people remember San Diego was the last team to beat the Broncos and did it in Denver.

I remember that too, but am still picking the Broncos to win tomorrow.

I want the Saints and Panthers in the NFC title game. Colts-Broncos in the AFC title game.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I want the Saints and Panthers in the NFC title game. Colts-Broncos in the AFC title game.

Me too.

Quote:That and it's not much of a rivalry in the first place anymore. Some Panthers fans I've spoken with view the Jags as a sort of kindred clan more than a rivalry. 
As a Panthers fan, that lives here in North Florida and works in Jax,  that is pretty much how I feel about the Jags.  As long as we aren't playing you, I am rooting for you.  Initially, when we both came into the league,  there was more of a rivalry.  Not so much anymore, especially since we only play eachother once every 4 years.  I am really pulling for you guys to get this turned around.  Go get that franchise QB and you will be back in the hunt in just another 2-3 years.  I love your owner, management and coach.  You guys are going somewhere.  I view us more as friends trying to overcome the national medias bias against small market teams than rivals.  We have more in common than differences.  

Quote:As a Panthers fan, that lives here in North Florida and works in Jax,  that is pretty much how I feel about the Jags.  As long as we aren't playing you, I am rooting for you.  Initially, when we both came into the league,  there was more of a rivalry.  Not so much anymore, especially since we only play eachother once every 4 years.  I am really pulling for you guys to get this turned around.  Go get that franchise QB and you will be back in the hunt in just another 2-3 years.  I love your owner, management and coach.  You guys are going somewhere.  I view us more as friends trying to overcome the national medias bias against small market teams than rivals.  We have more in common than differences.  
I'll be pulling for your Panthers tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Quote:I'll be pulling for your Panthers tomorrow.  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the support.  I appreciate that.  We have been given no chance in the game.  Everybody in the biased national media is saying that Kap is greater than Cam and that the Niners are going to win pretty easily.  It boggles my mind since we have one of the best defenses, are 7-1 at home, with the only loss being against the Seahawks in the first game of the year.  We also beat SF in week 10 in their stadium.  About 80% of the national experts are picking SF.  While I believe they are good, I dont think the disparity in the picks should be that much.  We are like the 3rd home dog in the past 20 years in the divisional round.  We were also a dog against the Cowgirls in 96 and won that game but lost to GB in the Conference championship.  In 2011 we had the first pick and got Cam.  We have built our defense in 2 years and now are a threat to win the SB.   You guys have got to get a franchise QB this year.  Who do you want Caldwell to draft?   

Quote:Thanks for the support.  I appreciate that.  We have been given no chance in the game.  Everybody in the biased national media is saying that Kap is greater than Cam and that the Niners are going to win pretty easily.  It boggles my mind since we have one of the best defenses, are 7-1 at home, with the only loss being against the Seahawks in the first game of the year.  We also beat SF in week 10 in their stadium.  About 80% of the national experts are picking SF.  While I believe they are good, I dont think the disparity in the picks should be that much.  We are like the 3rd home dog in the past 20 years in the divisional round.  We were also a dog against the Cowgirls in 96 and won that game but lost to GB in the Conference championship.  In 2011 we had the first pick and got Cam.  We have built our defense in 2 years and now are a threat to win the SB.   You guys have got to get a franchise QB this year.  Who do you want Caldwell to draft?   

Yes - I find it odd that there isn't a little more faith in the Panthers right now - but it will make a win even sweeter. 

I have a fair amount of trust that Caldwell and company will add some talent to the Jags in the draft and FA.  I haven't settled just yet on exactly who that needs to be - but I know it needs to involve a quarterback and a pass rusher (DE) that are better than anyone currently on the roster.  

I'd be shocked if the Jags don't pick a QB before the 4th round and think there's a very good chance they pick one in the first. 

Seattle, New England, Carolina, Denver.

My picks have been Seattle, Indy, Carolina, and Denver, so I'm 1-1.  I agree with Carolina fan up there--pulling for you guys.  If there's a team that can beat Seattle at home, I'm thinking it's the Panthers.

I picked a Denver-Seattle Super Bowl in the preseason with Denver winning, so we'll see what happens.

Quote:Seattle, New England, Carolina, Denver.

Quite the accomplishment that you got the first two right. 

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Quite the accomplishment that you got the first two right. 

haha, I was wondering what you meant before I saw the time of his post...

Quote:My picks have been Seattle, Indy, Carolina, and Denver, so I'm 1-1. I agree with Carolina fan up there--pulling for you guys.  If there's a team that can beat Seattle at home, I'm thinking it's the Panthers.

I picked a Denver-Seattle Super Bowl in the preseason with Denver winning, so we'll see what happens.

Three corrections:

1. Whoever wins today will go to Seattle, not host the Seahawks.

2. The only team to win at Carolina in 2013 was the Seahawks.

3. The 49ers beat the Seahawks at home in the regular season.

It is also important to note the 49ers did not have Michael Crabtree when they got blown out in Seattle and, as NFC West rivals, have won there before.

What makes you think the Panthers are more likely to win in Seattle than the 49ers?