Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Redskins hire Jay Gruden per Adam Schefter

Quote:...

Some were fired outright, but several were retained.

Ah! You're correct! Mea culpa

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In the first 15 seasons of Daniel Snyder's ownership,   the Redskins have never had consecutive winning seasons.   This despite the fact that he hired 3 coaches that were highly successful as Head Coaches previously:   Marty Schottenheimer,  Joe Gibbs,  and Mike Shanahan.   The odds are against Jay Gruden to have sustained success.  

Quote:In the first 15 seasons of Daniel Snyder's ownership,   the Redskins have never had consecutive winning seasons.   This despite the fact that he hired 3 coaches that were highly successful as Head Coaches previously:   Marty Schottenheimer,  Joe Gibbs,  and Mike Shanahan.   The odds are against Jay Gruden to have sustained success.  

In all fairness, Gibbs had been gone too long.  Not to mention his QB's for the most part were an aged Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey.  Schottenheimer didn't last longer than a year.  So he couldn't have had back to back winning seasons.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:In all fairness, Gibbs had been gone too long.  Not to mention his QB's for the most part were an aged Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey.  Schottenheimer didn't last longer than a year.  So he couldn't have had back to back winning seasons.

Of all of the Redskins HC's in the Daniel Snyder era,  I rate Joe Gibbs' performance at the top of the list.  I'm of the opinion that Gibbs was still a top level HC when he came back.    Even making it to the playoffs 2 times in 4 seasons under Daniel Snyder is a heck of an accomplishment.    Having said all of this,  Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's in a 10 season period.   That's when the late Jack Kent Cooke was the Redskins owner.

As for Marty Schottenheimer,  his one season tenure as Redskins HC helps reinforce my opinion that Daniel Snyder hasn't succeeded as Redskins owner...............in terms of the on the field results for the franchise.   If Snyder would have avoided interferring with Schottenheimer,   the latter would have lasted much longer than one year.   And likely would have produced many winning seasons.

What happened to his face?

Quote:What happened to his face?

Who's face?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Who's face?
Jay Gruden's

Quote:Jay Gruden's

Have you seen his brother? Cute doesn't run in the family.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:In the first 15 seasons of Daniel Snyder's ownership,   the Redskins have never had consecutive winning seasons.   This despite the fact that he hired 3 coaches that were highly successful as Head Coaches previously:   Marty Schottenheimer,  Joe Gibbs,  and Mike Shanahan.   The odds are against Jay Gruden to have sustained success.  

Completely agree.  It's a completely dysfunctional organization, and Snyder is the reason.  It's a shame, because it's a storied franchise and it deserves better.  Much better.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Completely agree.  It's a completely dysfunctional organization, and Snyder is the reason.  It's a shame, because it's a storied franchise and it deserves better.  Much better.

Why does it "deserve" better? It deserves whatever the outcome is from the moves/ decisions it makes. 

Quote:The stats never favored Mularkey's hire.  I'm not sure how you'd think they would.  2 points in the playoffs.  
Umm, Mularkey coordinated like 6 top 10 offenses, so has Jay. The Bengals have scored 1 TD compared to 8 turnovers in the playoffs in the Dalton era. 

Both have great regular season stats, very poor playoff resumes, and fans were thrilled that both are leaving. Looks pretty similar to me.

Quote:Umm, Mularkey coordinated like 6 top 10 offenses, so has Jay. The Bengals have scored 1 TD compared to 8 turnovers in the playoffs in the Dalton era. 

Both have great regular season stats, very poor playoff resumes, and fans were thrilled that both are leaving. Looks pretty similar to me.

He also sucked as a HC in Buffalo and was demoted from OC to TE coach after his Buffalo HC stint. Was also about to be fired as OC in Atlanta before Gene saved the day, and Mularkey's dignity by inexplicably hiring him as HC. 

Quote:He also sucked as a HC in Buffalo and was demoted from OC to TE coach after his Buffalo HC stint. Was also about to be fired as OC in Atlanta before Gene saved the day, and Mularkey's dignity by inexplicably hiring him as HC. 

While Mike Murlarkey is probably better suited to be an Assistant Coach than an NFL Head Coach,  amazingly he's the only Bills HC in the 2000's that had a season as their HC with a winning record.

Quote:Completely agree.  It's a completely dysfunctional organization, and Snyder is the reason.  It's a shame, because it's a storied franchise and it deserves better.  Much better.

As much as I respect Daniel Snyder for remaining firm in keeping the Redskins nickname and for some other reasons,  it's impossible to overlook what has transpired with the football component of the Redskins franchise since Snyder took over.   The best thing Snyder can do is let the football people make the football decisions.   This truly is a storied franchise,  going back to the days of the most complete NFL player in league history:  Sammy Baugh.

The Redskins hired Cliff Paul.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

The main thing that has changed since the Washington Redskins lost a lot of respect in the league is the owner, Daniel Snyder.  The team had more class and demand under Jack Kent Cooke, and why hasnt Dan changed the offensive racist name?   I feel bad for this coach because he could be a great Head Coach but the drama that surrounds Washington is caused by the owner.

I don't feel too bad for anyone who takes the Redskins job, much like I didn't feel all that bad for anyone who takes the Cowboys job, or anyone who took the Raiders job while Al Davis was running the show. They know the owner's history, they know how things have played out in the past, and they should know exactly how their tenure will end before they even fly out for the first interview.

Quote: 

and why hasnt Dan changed the offensive racist name?  

yawn....

[Image: BOLD_NEW_WORLD.jpg]

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Why does it "deserve" better? It deserves whatever the outcome is from the moves/ decisions it makes. 

Don't let that jerked knee smack you in the face.

The fans and the legacy of the franchise deserve better treatment than what Snyder is delivering for them.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."