Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No matter what, Jax is going to get a ton of publicity...

No matter who we pick, there are 4 or 5 elite players that will be there when we pick. Bridewater, Clowney, Bortles, Manzeil are all worthy of ESPN. Some have been asking for this for years. It will happen in May.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not to mention we get Joekel back so it will be like having 2 first round picks in the top 3. We may have something special in 2014.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 09:09 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Not to mention we get Joekel back so it will be like having 2 first round picks in the top 3. We may have something special in 2014

You know we're 4-12 right? 

....fewest points scored and most given up, right?

Being hopeful is one thing, saying stuff like the above makes the fanbase look silly. 

I'm just hoping for playoffs and a winning season. 

Quote:You know we're 4-12 right? 

Being hopeful is one thing, saying stuff like the above makes the fanbase look silly. 

Signed, the 2012 Chiefs.....

Signed, the 2011 Colts....

Blackmon will be back next season, with Shorts and Sanders.  Which I think Sanders is absolutely a lightning strike waiting to happen.  He is a true playmaker that creates space.  The WR's are the stregnth of this offense.

Joekel coming back with give our O-line some stability along with Nwaneri.  I know Uche is not a probowler but he is a starter in this league.  We will need to find a replacement for Meester.  But overall our O-line will be manageable.

If MJD comes back along with another RB in the draft, then we will be OK there.

Our defense will be a more mature in the secondary.  We still need a DE.

All I am saying is with another starter or 2 on offense and some key Free Agents on Defense, 2014 playoffs is attainable. 

Quote:Signed, the 2012 Chiefs.....

Signed, the 2011 Colts....

Those teams got Reid and Luck though. 

Quote: 

And that's what some would call special, including me.

Why get your panties in a wad because someone said we may have something special?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I am just hoping that we are in the playoff hunt until the end.  I'm so over "playing for pride".  I want wins to finally count at the end of the season and be playing for a playoff seed. 

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

If we get

Above average QB play

Returning Luke Joeckel

Above Average pass rusher in FA/Draft

Blackmon Returns and plays above average

Cecil comes back and returns to 2012 form

We will have a good shot at the playoffs. 

Quote:Blackmon will be back next season,

I really, really would like to know how you know this?

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:No matter who we pick, there are 4 or 5 elite players that will be there when we pick. Bridewater, Clowney, Bortles, Manzeil are all worthy of ESPN. Some have been asking for this for years. It will happen in May.

The odds are great that we add some significant talent between now and August.    I'm not concerned with the media's response to it. 

In regard to "something special in 2014"  - I'd be impressed with a 7-9 or 8-8 season and no blowout losses - but if a rookie QB turns out to be the real deal in his first year maybe we'll see a winning record.  

Quote:Those teams got Reid and Luck though. 
The 2012 eagles had Reid as well. 

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 09:51 PM by Kotite.)

Blackmon won the Biletnikoff twice.  When he became a Jag, did publicity spike?  Not really.  You could argue not a single first rounder in the 2013 brought a tremendous amount of publicity to their team.  Tavon Austin may be the closest.  The year before that, arguably only Luck and RG3 brought any real publicity boost to their team.  Blake Bortles is supposed to bring publicity to Jax?  How about we just get better and win games.  When you're on tv in January, you get all the publicity you need.  The big markets will always get the big network draw even when they field unwatchable teams.  Who cares?  Let's just build a winner.

Only a chump boos the home team!

7-9 is what I'm looking for

If we take Manziel we will get tons of media attention for sure tho.

Quote:If we get

Above average QB play

Returning Luke Joeckel

Above Average pass rusher in FA/Draft

Blackmon Returns and plays above average

Cecil comes back and returns to 2012 form

We will have a good shot at the playoffs. 

I think so especially considering the players will have another year in the system.  Blackmon when/if he returns will be effective, the key is if he can stay off the booze and not get bounced out of the league.  Who knows?

I think we have to seem some improvement in some areas of the defense as well.  I like the way the secondary has been developed but those young guys have to learn from their experience.  We need pass rushers too.  Babin is a very short term patch.  Branch started to show something late in the season but the jury is still way out.  At least we have Marks locked up.  Caldwell still has a lot of work to do but so far he seems to be moving us in the right direction.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:No matter who we pick, there are 4 or 5 elite players that will be there when we pick. Bridewater, Clowney, Bortles, Manzeil are all worthy of ESPN. Some have been asking for this for years. It will happen in May.
A ton of publicity? LOL. More like 10 minutes before they're on to something else.  By the way, half of the ten minutes will focus on the negative, poor previous draft choices, how inept the team has been over the last couple of years, etc.

Who cares about ESPN, give me a good football team!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Like clockwork with your negative nancy posts. Yawn
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

When we get Johnny Jaguar we will be well on our way. 

No pain, no gain.

I'm starting to really think you like the wasted attention you get. Seriously.

Nothing wrong with wanting to have something special happen next year for the Jags.

If all the pieces come together next year Returning players from IR/Suspension, Free Agency, and Draft....we could be in for something special. Absolutely!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!