Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jerry Sullivan

Does anyone know the status of his contract?  I thought he was brought in on a two year deal.  Is he coming back next year?  I really respect his work with a developing WR corps and hope we can retain his services. 

Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's already retired once.  I'm sure if he wants to stay they'll pay him.  We just have to hope he's so inclined.  

'Cause....   He good. 

The T-U did a good article on him and it boils down to him not being ready to retire yet.  He's still pretty vivacious for a guy his age.  He seems to like the atmosphere Gus has created in the locker room and wants to be a part of the team's resurgence.  I think we'll seem him around for at least another season.   

Quote:The T-U did a good article on him and it boils down to him not being ready to retire yet.  He's still pretty vivacious for a guy his age.  He seems to like the atmosphere Gus has created in the locker room and wants to be a part of the team's resurgence.  I think we'll seem him around for at least another season.   

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...-4-decades

great article

By far the best thing to come from the Mike Mularkey era. I hope he stays.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

After the Jaguars end of season press converence, Sam Kovaris stopped Jerry in the hallway at Everbank and asked him point blank if he'd be back next season.  Jerry Sullivan replied "absolutely!"  Music to my ears.

You guys should listen to the Sam & Cole podcast (www.colepepper.com).  It's outstanding.

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

Quote:After the Jaguars end of season press converence, Sam Kovaris stopped Jerry in the hallway at Everbank and asked him point blank if he'd be back next season.  Jerry Sullivan replied "absolutely!"  Music to my ears.

You guys should listen to the Sam & Cole podcast (www.colepepper.com).  It's outstanding.
Thanks for the info.   

I've checked out a couple of those podcasts - and will def listen to more. 

We need to find the Jerry Sullivan of QB coaches. 

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 03:44 AM by Haterade.)

We need to get Jerry another weapon. The slot is good with Ace/Brown, but the outside could be better. I have zero confidence in Blackmon, and while Shorts is valuable, I don't consider him a #1 receiver. A QB that could extend plays, make accurate passes, and stretch the field is key too. Ghenne don't do this.

Sullivan has done a great job developing mostly limited talent to date, and could use an upgrade in the WR corps. As mentioned above, Shorts is a decent 2nd WR. Sanders/Brown are decent in the slot. Blackmon could be special on the outside, but his return is unknown (I would bet he is out at least a year from the last suspension). All others beyond these guys today are the definition of mediocrity. I hope there is an upgrade in the draft.

Quote:We need to get Jerry another weapon. The slot is good with Ace/Brown, but the outside could be better. I have zero confidence in Blackmon, and while Shorts is valuable, I don't consider him a #1 receiver. A QB that could extend plays, make accurate passes, and stretch the field is key too. Ghenne don't do this.
i'd agree with this but at this point in time

I would be worried if we drafted a wr or running back in anything above the 4th as I think there are bigger needs for the early round picks

unless it was an obvious faller like a first round talent in the middle of the second or something like that. I would like to see us add a big body guy in the fourth but i think a qb that can extend the play and lead the receiver will be the biggest upgrade for our receiving corps

Quote:http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...-4-decades

great article

Thanks for posting that link, I enjoyed reading it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Sammy Watkins would be nice.

I love Sullivan. Great guy.

I want Sullivan to draft all our WRs. I bet he has a great eye for diamonds in the rough.

Quote:By far the best thing to come from the Mike Mularkey era. I hope he stays.

Probably the only good thing to come from that era. 

Quote:We need to find the Jerry Sullivan of QB coaches. 

and head coaches. (not a shot at Gus, just stating the importance of) 

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 03:22 PM by Haterade.)

Quote:Probably the only good thing to come from that era.
Whimper. Or did he score with JDR too?

Quote:We need to find the Jerry Sullivan of QB coaches. 
Not gonna lie, if Norv Turner somehow comes on board as the QB coach, it would make my offseason a happy one.

I don't expect for a second that it'll happen. If Turner does end up fired by the Browns, someone will hand him a coordinator job within a week.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 02:04 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:and head coaches. (not a shot at Gus, just stating the importance of) 
except that it is a shot and you know it. Don't play dumb