Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Mack

What are the odds of the Jags snagging this guy? He's an outstanding center and an immediate cornerstone of the Jaguars' interior O-line.

I really hope we get him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What are the odds of the Jags snagging this guy? He's an outstanding center and an immediate cornerstone of the Jaguars' interior O-line.

I really hope we get him.

I recall reading the Browns will not re-sign him or franchise him. If true the odds of us signing him increased substantially.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Well, I also remember reading somewhere that we were going for B- C+ Players in FA and he's pretty good so i'm gunna have to say we probably don't get him. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:I recall reading the Browns will not re-sign him or franchise him. If true the odds of us signing him increased substantially.
What's the catch?

I don't think he would be worth the money on this team, assuming they're staying with/rededicating to the zone blocking concepts.

Quote:I recall reading the Browns will not re-sign him or franchise him. If true the odds of us signing him increased substantially.

Link?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._will.html

I don't remember seeing anything about them not planning to keep him. 

Quote:http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._will.html

I don't remember seeing anything about them not planning to keep him. 

That's depressing. That means that whoever goes for him will have to pay up big time. 

Quote:That's depressing. That means that whoever goes for him will have to pay up big time. 

Well, as they should. He's one of the best young Center's in the game. 

If the Jags were smart, they'd take some of that ridiculous 8.5 MIL they are paying BUM #89 and cut him and use it to try and put a good offer together for Mack. 

Replace Marcedes with a cheap draft choice or cheap FA. Its not as if the production Marcedes gives you can't be easily matched thats for sure.... Laughing Laughing 

Quote:Well, as they should. He's one of the best young Center's in the game. 

If the Jags were smart, they'd take some of that ridiculous 8.5 MIL they are paying BUM #89 and cut him and use it to try and put a good offer together for Mack. 

Replace Marcedes with a cheap draft choice or cheap FA. Its not as if the production Marcedes gives you can't be easily matched thats for sure.... Laughing Laughing

Mack is more than worth it, sure. It's just that he seems to be attached to Cleveland. From that article, it's hard to see him leaving.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 10:22 AM by roycee.)

Quote:Well, as they should. He's one of the best young Center's in the game. 

Ahh yes of course, it's time for your daily Marcedes hate

Quote:Ahh yes of course, it's time for your daily Marcedes hate

That will happen until his contract gets reduced... lol

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

14 words on topic, +/-60 (to account for the emoticons) on Marcedes Lewis. Thread jack anyone?

Jags wouldnt be the only team looking at Mack. The Colts biggest hole on offense is Center/Guard, and they will have around $40 million in cap space to go fishing with. With Irsay's love of overpaying guys, I can see Indy pushing hard for him if Cleveland waivers even the slightest on locking him up.

Quote:Jags wouldnt be the only team looking at Mack. The Colts biggest hole on offense is Center/Guard, and they will have around $40 million in cap space to go fishing with. With Irsay's love of overpaying guys, I can see Indy pushing hard for him if Cleveland waivers even the slightest on locking him up.

Alex Mack and Bill O'Brien in one division?! Ahhhhhhh!!!

Quote:Jags wouldnt be the only team looking at Mack. The Colts biggest hole on offense is Center/Guard, and they will have around $40 million in cap space to go fishing with. With Irsay's love of overpaying guys, I can see Indy pushing hard for him if Cleveland waivers even the slightest on locking him up.

Good point that I totally overlooked. 

Quote:Alex Mack and Bill O'Brien in one division?! Ahhhhhhh!!!

Yes, keep pretending that the Texans and Colts aren't setting up as the favorites for this division for the next 5-10 years with Luck / O Brien....maybe you'll even start to believe it. 

Quote:Good point that I totally overlooked.

Yes, keep pretending that the Texans and Colts aren't setting up as the favorites for this division for the next 5-10 years with Luck / O Brien....maybe you'll even start to believe it.

I'm not pretending anything, I choose not to live life scared. But hey, to each his own.

Not really afraid of The Secret World of Alex Mack or the O'Brien Factor.  I just hope that we see some great moves being made to make this team playoff contenders by year 3 of the rebuild.  Would love to see us bring Mack in, but if we don't it's not a big deal as long as Caldwell starts making great moves.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'm not pretending anything, I choose not to live life scared. But hey, to each his own.

LOL, I don't think "scared" would apply. Just not stupid. Not going into the next X number of years thinking the Jags will have a good chance of winning anything important, because given the division environment, its highly unlikely. Its called facing reality, not being "scared". LOL, theres no fear factor here. Laughing 

Quote:LOL, I don't think "scared" would apply. Just not stupid. Not going into the next X number of years thinking the Jags will have a good chance of winning anything important, because given the division environment, its highly unlikely. Its called facing reality, not being "scared". LOL, theres no fear factor here. Laughing

Yeah, you scared. Laughing