Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Mack

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 04:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yeah, you scared. Laughing

Ah, so anyone who sees the Jags situation for what it really is, is "scared". 

'k.

LOL, whenever we see a national writer predict the Colts and Texans to win that AFCS in the next 5 years it will be because he is "scared". Laughing good stuff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 04:12 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:Ah, so anyone who sees the Jags situation for what it really is, is "scared".

'k.

LOL, whenever we see a national writer predict the Colts and Texans to win that AFCS in the next 5 years it will be because he is "scared". Laughing good stuff.
I don't know what it will look like it 5 years, I don't have your crystal ball. The only thing I do know is in 5 years you will most likely be scared. Laughing

Quote:LOL, I don't think "scared" would apply. Just not stupid. Not going into the next X number of years thinking the Jags will have a good chance of winning anything important, because given the division environment, its highly unlikely. Its called facing reality, not being "scared". LOL, theres no fear factor here. Laughing
So what, we should cry? Go ahead have fun with that.

Quote:LOL, I don't think "scared" would apply. Just not stupid. Not going into the next X number of years thinking the Jags will have a good chance of winning anything important, because given the division environment, its highly unlikely. Its called facing reality, not being "scared". LOL, theres no fear factor here. Laughing

Fans need to believe the team has a chance.  Otherwise, people wouldn't go to the games.  You wouldn't know much about that though.

A little bit of homerism in the hometown is a GOOD thing you fool.  I'm not putting my money on the Jags winning the division anytime soon either.  Do I think it can happen?  Absolutely, and I plan on being there for every game to witness it.  The off-season is the season for hope.  It's what sells tickets and jerseys and gets viewers. 

Looking at the Texans hiring Bill freakin O'Brien and instantly wetting my pants isn't what a normal person should do.  It's not what Jaguars fans need.  And since when is being a "realist" something so noble while following sports?  Hey, we're fanatics.  We mare irrational choices.  We support the Jags even when they're getting killed - because we believe we may have a chance.  I don't give a crap if your predictions are right or wrong.  I personally think you're the stupid one if your outlook on your supposedly favorite team is the way it is. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Jags wouldnt be the only team looking at Mack. The Colts biggest hole on offense is Center/Guard, and they will have around $40 million in cap space to go fishing with. With Irsay's love of overpaying guys, I can see Indy pushing hard for him if Cleveland waivers even the slightest on locking him up.

One way or the other,  there's a great chance Jim Irsay is going to make a splash come this off-season.   Because the Colts don't currently have a 1st Round pick,  it's much more likely than not that a big FA move is on the horizon for the Colts.   I have serious doubts Alex Mack will get to the open market.  But if he does, at the very least Irsay will help foster a bidding war for Mack's services.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't know what it will look like it 5 years, I don't have your crystal ball. The only thing I do know is in 5 years you will most likely be scared. Laughing
And still avoiding splatter burns from the deep frier. 

On the subject, I don't think the Jags will shy away from going after a guy like Mack, and I don't think they'll be as reluctant to get into a bidding war if they feel he's a guy who can instantly fix a major hole in our line. 

The Jags have an advantage over Indy or Cleveland if it gets to that point.  There's no state income tax in Florida.  When we're talking about the kind of contract he'll be hauling down, that will be an appealing bonus.

This notion that they are only going to pursue B- or C players in free agency is garbage.  This front office has a ton of cap space to work with, and an owner who is ready to see this thing turning around.  They're going to identify their targets, and they will determine which guys best fit with what they're doing here.  They won't go after several big ticket players, but I fully expect a splash from the Jaguars to get someone nobody would expect them to land.  Mack is a guy who has the potential to be that player. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]