Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brent Celek blurb relating to Marcedes Lewis....

per rotoworld:

Brent Celek may have to accept a contract restructure to stay with the Eagles.

Celek was a valuable blocker in the Chip Kelly offense this season, consistently excelling in his prescribed role and operating as a true team leader. But he's owed $4 million in 2014, a high number for a guy that caught just 32 passes and set a six-year low in targets with 50. Blocking tight ends don't get that kind of coin.
 Trent Cole and Jason Avant are also candidates for restructure.

TMD: I highlighted the part about what they said about blocking TE's....apparently they do pay blocking TE's that much....and more. Laughing 

Just more proof that briefcase hands should be on his way OUT without a MASSIVE pay cut. Despite his luvors on this board. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That agenda is tireless aint it?

Wow sick burn bro. 

Step 1. Wake up

Step 2. Troll Jaguars message board for 18 hours

Step 3. Go to sleep

(repeat daily)

;

;

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 11:03 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Haha, I guess they got nothing, but shuck n jives. 

Theres nothing they can say to back up Marcedes after reading this. 

Even if Marcedes pay was cut in HALF, it would still be too much per the production, per what this report is alluding to. 

I was right. Again. :yes:

2112's take:

Celek is now playing for a team with a true gunslinger, and no longer requires heavy involvement because his QB is less likely to check down.

Because he plays on a team with a really good QB.  And on a team that has drafted his replacement.

That being said, Marcedes will likely take a restructure or be cut.  Forgive me if I don't jump up and down with glee about it.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 11:17 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

The Eagles have cap issues. The Jaguars don't. A pay cut for Marcedes does no one, Besides Khan I suppose, any good. Is M. Lewis overpaid? absolutely. That's Gene Smith's fault and Shahid Khan's problem.

Quote:Step 1. Wake up

Step 2. Troll Jaguars message board for 18 hours

Step 3. Go to sleep

(repeat daily)
That's it.  Creepy and sad.

He hasn't played up to his contract, I'll agree. 

But I don't think any changes are coming to it, at least this season.

It's not my money though, so I don't care. The Jags have more than enough cap room anyway.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:2112's take:

Celek is now playing for a team with a true gunslinger, and no longer requires heavy involvement because his QB is less likely to check down.

Because he plays on a team with a really good QB.  And on a team that has drafted his replacement.

That being said, Marcedes will likely take a restructure or be cut.  Forgive me if I don't jump up and down with glee about it.

Except, Foles is not a true gunslinger....he is a another QB who produces in a scheme that inflates QB's numbers.  

....and, they said right in the article that he "was a valuable blocker in the Chip Kelly offense this season, consistently excelling in his prescribed role and operating as a true team leader."

Teams, especially Kelly's, keep 2 or 3 TE's and they are important to the offense. Celek's replacement makes peanuts, and will for at least the next 2 seasons. 

So, your assertion above isn't correct. 

Quote:Haha, I guess they got nothing, but shuck n jives. 

Theres nothing they can say to back up Marcedes after reading this. 

Even if Marcedes pay was cut in HALF, it would still be too much per the production, per what this report is alluding to. 

All you are doing trying to do is elicit responses from the fanbase of a team you allegedly root for. This is seriously what you do all day. It is the definition of trolling.

;

;

Quote:The Eagles have cap issues. The Jaguars don't. A pay cut for Marcedes does no one, Besides Khan I suppose, any good. Is M. Lewis overpaid? absolutely. That's Gene Smith's fault and Shahid Khan's problem.

The Eagles do not have cap issues. 

http://www.eaglescap.com/

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 11:29 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:All you are doing trying to do is elicit responses from the fanbase of a team you allegedly root for. This is seriously what you do all day. It is the definition of trolling.

No that would mean that I do not believe in the takes I am offering. 

I 100% believe in the takes I post, and do not post to illicit responses. At all.

You guys just cannot take when someone posts stuff that is different than your opinions, which are usually way too team slanted. 

YOUR 2 posts here in this thread, is doing actually EXACTLY what you are accusing me of. I post a football topic about Marcedes and that situation and you have yet to post anything in this post about the thread topic. Probably because you can't, as I have finally found something that slams the door shut on any Marcedes argument (and that makes you mad) ......but thats no excuse for you to troll the thread. 

Caldwell already said last week he anticipates Lewis being back in 2014. I doubt they view him as just a blocking tight end.

;

;

Quote:Caldwell already said last week he anticipates Lewis being back in 2014. I doubt they view him as just a blocking tight end.

Well, then thats a mistake/ misevaluation by Caldwell, and maybe it shows some cracks in the armor of Caldwell who seems to be assumed as crowned far too early. 

Making up nicknames is really cool.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Caldwell already said last week he anticipates Lewis being back in 2014. I doubt they view him as just a blocking tight end.

I think that it's interesting to note that Lewis has been in the League for one year longer than Celek -- Lewis started in '06, Celek in '07 -- and he played in five fewer games than Celek did this season. Despite the smaller amount of playing time, Lewis generated 359 yards Receiving and four Touchdowns to Celek's 502 and six. Lewis averaged more yards per game than Celek overall in 2013.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The Eagledo not have cap issues.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.eaglescap.com/'>http://www.eaglescap.com/</a>

They don't have 50 million plus. That doesn't change my point.

Quote: 

Somebody is overcompensating.

Quote:Except, Foles is not a true gunslinger....he is a another QB who produces in a scheme that inflates QB's numbers.  

Guess you and I will have to agree to disagree about that statement.

Until the end of 2014, when Foles will have proved one of us wrong.  Actually, I'm pretty sure his 2013 performances have proved you wrong already, but then, you have an agenda to promote the value of coaching above that of QB talent.

I don't.