Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dalton

Would you trade for him and what would you give up for him?

Myself I would love him as our QB instead of the unknown, could be a rodgers or could be a gabbert.

Give up maybe a 2nd, 4th and a 2nd the next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

when did Dalton come available for trade?

If we're  talking hypothetical no, I wouldn't trade for him. I like Dalton now and liked him coming out, but if your going to trade picks (your future) away it has to be for something guaranteed or as close to that as you can get and Dalton is no guarantee.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:when did Dalton come available for trade?

If we're  talking hypothetical no, I wouldn't trade for him. I like Dalton now and liked him coming out, but if your going to trade picks (your future) away it has to be for something guaranteed or as close to that as you can get and Dalton is no guarantee.
He isn't available but they are calling for his head in cinn. so maybe a possiblity is all.

Idk. At this point, no.

To be fair, he is still early in his career (only his 3rd season). But, if he has already reached his ceiling, the Bengals will be stuck where they're at (tough team with talent all over it, but not being able to make much postseason noise,,,, it's a shame for them. A slightly better QB than Dalton could possibly catapult them into SBs).

Dalton has had some games (quite a few this season) where he looked very good. But, when the pressure of a big game comes, and when the lights of a national stage hit, he has faltered terribly. He has looked his worst in big/primetime games.

I wouldn't give up anything for him. He holds his team back, and everyone in Cincy knows that.

Hell no. He is the definition of qb purgatory.

Dalton is Schaub is Henne is Gabbert is Alex Smith is Geno Smith, is EJ Manuel is any other guy with a ceiling below elite.

If you don't have an elite guy you're just spinning your wheels.

Quote:Hell no. He is the definition of qb purgatory.
So you would rather roll the dice on a college QB? Weren't the same things said about manning or brees that they couldnt win when it mattered?

Personally I would rather have the proven Quarterback for a 2nd and 4th than the chance of getting a Gabbert, Young Russell type.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 10:05 AM by The Mad Dog.)

LOL, why in the hell would you want to trade for someone who clearly shows you that he cannot win at the next level (playoffs) despite having one of the best supporting casts around???

....some of this fanbase....smh.... :wacko:

Quote:LOL, why in the hell would you want to trade for someone who clearly shows you that he cannot win at the next level (playoffs) despite having one of the best supporting casts around???

....some of this fanbase....smh.... :wacko:

Exactly. Why trade valuable picks for proven mediocrity?

OT: Young Dalton isn't even in the same league as young Manning.

I wouldn't inquire about Dalton. A lot of people already knew when he was coming out that this would be his ceiling.

I'd rather pull the trigger in the draft with someone who has higher upside.

Quote:So you would rather roll the dice on a college QB? Weren't the same things said about manning or brees that they couldnt win when it mattered?

Personally I would rather have the proven Quarterback for a 2nd and 4th than the chance of getting a Gabbert, Young Russell type.

Yes I'd rather roll with a college qb. I don't think Dalton will ever be a franchise qb. He is a a qb who is good enough to get you into the post season but that's it. Those players are way different. They are elite in the regular season. Dalton is the ultimate mixed bag qb. Amazing one game and then horrendous the next.

So we trade for him and he is just Matt Schaub. Worth it?

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 10:24 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yes I'd rather roll with a college qb. I don't think Dalton will ever be a franchise qb. He is a a qb who is good enough to get you into the post season but that's it. Those players are way different. They are elite in the regular season. Dalton is the ultimate mixed bag qb. Amazing one game and then horrendous the next.

So we trade for him and he is just Matt Schaub. Worth it?

Yep, Matt Schaub is actually a great comparison to Andy Dalton, regarding level of QB. 

If thats all they want out of a QB, then just wait out the Texans until they release him, which will happen this offseason. 

Quote:So you would rather roll the dice on a college QB? Weren't the same things said about manning or brees that they couldnt win when it mattered?

Why go after the next Russell Wilson or Nick Foles when you're got Matt Flynn. :whistling:

I'd trade TMD straight up for Dalton.

Quote:Why go after the next Russell Wilson or Nick Foles when you're got Matt Flynn. :whistling:
would you trade dalton and clowney or barr for bortles or johnny football?

Quote:would you trade dalton and clowney or barr for bortles or johnny football?
Man that JJ Watt sure did carry the texans this season. I've never seen a QB carry a team like that.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 12:20 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:Hell no. He is the definition of qb purgatory.

I wouldn't trade for Dalton, but I think this QB purgatory thing is silly. You could have said the same thing about Joe Flacco after his third year.

Quote:I wouldn't trade for Dalton, but I think this QB purgatory thing is silly. You could have said the same thing about Joe Flacco after his third year.

You talking about the Joe Flacco that has never gone one and done in the playoffs in his entire career? That Joe Flacco?

Quote:I wouldn't trade for Dalton, but I think this QB purgatory thing is silly. You could have said the same thing about Joe Flacco after his third year.

I wouldn't of said that about him but I like him more than most. Flacco is like Eli. When they are on they can beat anyone. But when they are off its horrible.

I don't think Dalton can ever get hot enough to carry his team in the post season.