Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard

Would just like to gauge the MBs opinion on him entering the 2014 season and why. 

Personally I still think he can become the primary running back because I believe his fumbling issues can/will be corrected. I wouldnt draft a RB in the top 3 rounds because of his potential, but I admit I am a bit biases towards him because he was one of my favorite prospects last year. 

If you believe his ceiling is a #2 RB I understand, but if you think hes a "bust" (even though a 5th round pick cant really be a bust) and should be cut, Id like to know why.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He showed flashes at the end of the season. As he learns to play the position and the game slows down for him I can see him becoming that "OW"

I hope he steps his game up this off season. I still believe its early in his career(1 year I mean come on) that he has time to develop still. But you just never know...

The few times he hit an open hole it looked like he wouldn't be stopped but someone was always there to trip him up or strip him.

He will NEVER be a premiere back but he can be the Jaguars' Reggie Bush.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

He can develop into a good complementary back I'd say with some big play ability. He might have been a victim of his hype before the season and set expectations too high but guys with speed and open field ability you gotta hold onto them especially considering the value of him being a late round pick

I don't ever see him being the primary back, and I doubt he will even be the second back starting next year.

I think he has a ton of talent.. I could see him putting up some good numbers splitting carries next year.

There's no such thing as a fifth-round "bust". He strikes me as the type of player who'll do much better in year two than he did in year one, and could be a pretty good complementary back and outstanding return man.

#3 with upside. Disappointed Fisch was unable to design better plays for him

It seemed he was on a shorter leash than other rookies as the season progressed and he was barely used. 

Hang the fumbles. If you believe in a guy, Put him in and keep trucking. He was more fun to watch than Todman who always seems to get 4-5 yards but never more/less.

It's all about ball security. If he can't hang onto the ball, he can't stay in the NFL no matter what else he does.

He has tools, he has the fire and attitude and is only a 5th rd pick. I wouldn't label him a bust but he has moved from prospect to suspect b/c of ball security.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:#3 with upside. Disappointed Fisch was unable to design better plays for him
 I think Fisch did have plays design for him... but those plays are hard to use when the player can't catch or hold on to the ball...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Very talented player with lots of upside.

He's not an every down back IMO, but he can be a great X-factor player who'll be very useful in certain areas. 

Useful on screens, good at getting the edge too. He brings a lot with his QB skills also. Wild Cat formation, double passes, etc.

If he performs to his potential, which I'm positive he can, then he'll turn into a unique player.

He hasn't shown one thing in his 1 year here that makes me believe we shouldn't draft a RB.

He'll get a chance this preseason to showcase improvement.  If he still has the same issues, I could see him getting cut especially if it means keeping a young OT or DE instead of him.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Third down, change of pace back. I do think him and Todman are a sufficient combo headed into next year and wouldn't be upset if a RB isn't drafted or signed. 

He needs to learn how to catch the ball.If he can do that,what a weapon he could be.

if he can secure the ball he could be a very solid part of a 1-2 punch, a poor mans cj spiller, hits the hole well at great speed and if he gets clear you won't catch him.

sadly he isn't a between the tackles runner so in some sense he collides with todman who doesn't have the ball security issues and is pretty nippy himself.

a better interior line will help both of them as it will allow us to open bigger gaps and give them more opportunities to hit the second level 

Quote:Would just like to gauge the MBs opinion on him entering the 2014 season and why. 

Personally I still think he can become the primary running back because I believe his fumbling issues can/will be corrected. I wouldnt draft a RB in the top 3 rounds because of his potential, but I admit I am a bit biases towards him because he was one of my favorite prospects last year. 

If you believe his ceiling is a #2 RB I understand, but if you think hes a "bust" (even though a 5th round pick cant really be a bust) and should be cut, Id like to know why.  

As awkward as the so called Offensive Weapon's career has been I think its way too early to deem him as a bust, and he might fit into a role but I dont think its at HB.   His hands didnt impress me & I dont expect him at WR especially with the current competition there but he could be a Punt & Kick returner.

At this point (still too early) I would expect that Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M is drafted by the Houston Texans or Teddy Bridgewater depending on how things go.  If that occurs it might be the Rams that take Jake, or Sammy Watkins, WR, which I believe the Jaguars are next to draft.

I dont expect it to be a RB, Toddman at times was productive.  It might be Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina since he has character issuses the Rams will take the safe bet with Jake to secure the Oline knowing that they have #13 as well.

I think he can eventually be an explosive player. He has to hold on to the ball and we have to be better as an offensive unit to be able to bring him in for those bang bang plays.

I don't think he'll ever be a primary back. But more of the "OW" he was originally tagged with. If he can learn this off season and improve his ball handling he could line up at RB, WR, and maybe even return punts. Making plays on reverses and wildcat runs, screens, etc. But its up to Denard to learn and harness ball security.

Fisch can only design the play, he has to execute it. And has to have the trust of the coaches to use him on them.

He's got to learn to catch the ball consistently and not fumble. Dropping balls are drive killers and turnovers are game killers. Going into 2014, he's a former 5th round development RB that is 3rd on the depth chart.