Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC Playoffs: Chargers at Bengals

The Chargers needed a lot of luck and help to get in the playoffs, so I have to pick the Bengals for this one. The winner goes to Denver next week, where San Diego has already won this season. Put the TV on CBS at 1:00 if you want to watch it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I could see it going either way. The Bengals are a very good team, but it's hard to trust them in the post-season. 

The Chargers on the other hand, are the most inconsistent team still left in the post-season. If both these teams bring their A game, it'll be an outstanding game.

The Chargers were defeated by the Bengals earlier this year. But Phillip Rivers is very dangerous when he's at his best. I could see both teams winning this game.

It's a great matchup. The Bengals are loaded but, like the Cowboys and the Lions, something always goes wrong. All eyes will be on Andy Dalton today, IMO. Remember, they are 8-0 at home this years but Philip Rivers is savvy.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Got the Bengals today in this one. I just got a feeling this will be one of the games where their pass rush just makes it nearly impossible for Rivers to do much of anything...but I could be wrong. 

Do you all care who wins? I am pulling for the Bengals because I can't stand the thought of San Diego winning at Denver again.

The game has started. No score yet in the first five minutes.

Nice! Jeff Triplette is working this game, now its a party.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Nice! Jeff Triplette is working this game, now its a party.

You have to be kidding me. After he got a bad grade for the down marker confusion at Washington, I thought he would not get a playoff game.

Quote:Nice! Jeff Triplette is working this game, now its a party.

Triplett's presence on the field as a referee of a playoff game does not speak well for the credibility of the post-season game officiating crew selection process.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You have to be kidding me. After he got a bad grade for the down marker confusion at Washington, I thought he would not get a playoff game.

Let's just be thankful Triplett got the coin toss right.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Triplette's presence on the field as a referee of a playoff game does not speak well for the credibility of the postseason game officiating crew selection process.

His presence on the field in the regular season decreases the NFL's credibility in its hiring process.

Tied at 7 in the second quarter

Marvin Jones is coming up big for the Bengals 

Bengals put together a nice drive to get down the field for a FG attempt.

Quote:Bengals put together a nice drive to get down the field for a FG attempt.

Yes, that should give them a little momentum for the next half....should be an exciting 2nd half......yet another playoff game going to the wire

I love people who don't think Rivers is an elite QB.

Pay the man!

Rivers is a great QB.  He's a leader too.  The exact thing this team needs...

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 04:09 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Grab Rivers in free agency and draft Sammy Watkins.

Rivers has like 10 kids. I am sure he would enjoy no state tax.

I'll shave my head bald if the Chargers let Rivers his free agency.  He's going to lead them to a few wins in the playoffs all the way to a huge deal.

How on Earth does Jeff Triplette get a playoff game?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato