Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC Playoffs: Chargers at Bengals

Final 27-10 Chargers

Bye bye Bengals, nice seeing ya.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Will the Chargers keep Peyton a playoff loser? I bet he didn't want the Chargers to win.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I'm predicting the Chargers win the Super Bowl this year.  It's a pretty bold prediction, but I think this might be their year.

I wonder if Marvin Lewis will retain his job much longer.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Dalton must have been watching Henne game tape.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:How cool would it be if the Jags had a song like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNOfvyPpaM

Sounds like theme music for a Brock Landers action movie, starring Dirk Diggler.

God, I think that's awful.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'm predicting the Chargers win the Super Bowl this year. It's a pretty bold prediction, but I think this might be their year.

I wonder if Marvin Lewis will retain his job much longer.

Not much longer if he keeps Dalton as his QB.

Quote:Not much longer if he keeps Dalton as his QB.

I agree. 

Dalton = game manager. 

They only get you so far. 

Quote:Can you imagine him with the Tennessee Titans?

He's going to the Detroit Lions....I hope. 

Quote:I agree.

Dalton = game manager.

This is true. It's held true throughout history too outside of a couple exceptions.

They need to dump Dalton as soon as a better option (Veteran Free Agency or draft) is available. Switch Rivers and Dalton...todays game would have been a blowout by the Bengals. They'd be on their way to a Superbowl.

Quote:This is true. It's held true throughout history too outside of a couple exceptions.

They need to dump Dalton as soon as a better option (Veteran Free Agency or draft) is available. Switch Rivers and Dalton...todays game would have been a blowout by the Bengals. They'd be on their way to a Superbowl.

Without a doubt. 

Now Dalton is avoiding the blame.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/...-does-ints

Quote:I agree. 

Dalton = game manager. 

Like managing to get to the playoffs every year since his rookie season.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Will the Chargers keep Peyton a playoff loser? I bet he didn't want the Chargers to win.

I want to see them go deep.  I've always liked Rivers but never felt he's got his due.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Like managing to get to the playoffs every year since his rookie season.
Well, people remember him for what he does/did in January, not the months leading up to that.

Quote:Like managing to get to the playoffs every year since his rookie season.

Yeah...he was the main reason they got there. He's an average game manager type QB and has shown that up to this point. High floor/low ceiling. Give Rivers that talent these past few years and he'd probably have at least one ring. Take away AJ Green and I'd be willing to bet that whole offense falls apart with Dalton at QB.

Quote:He's going to the Detroit Lions....I hope. 

I don't think they interviewed him yet.

Quote:Well, people remember him for what he does/did in January, not the months leading up to that.

People remember coaches for what they do all season. How many coaches have been fired for losing in the playoffs? Not nearly as many as coaches who were fired for missing the playoffs.

Quote:Final 27-10 Chargers

Bye bye Bengals, nice seeing ya.

Chargers are on a roll. I think this was their 5th win in a row,, I think. Andy Dalton really choked bad, again.

I'll be pulling for the Chargers to take out Denver. I hope to be saying "Bye Bye Broncos, it was nice seeing ya."

Quote:Chargers are on a roll. I think this was their 5th win in a row,, I think. Andy Dalton really choked bad, again.

I'll be pulling for the Chargers to take out Denver. I hope to be saying "Bye Bye Broncos, it was nice seeing ya."

jagherd,  as someone who follows the Bengals closely each week,   I'm interested in getting your input on the following 3 questions:

1)  Regarding yesterday's playoff game loss to the Chargers,  how much blame do you  the loss on the following : Andy Dalton,  the rest of the Bengals Offense, and Jay Gruden?

2)  What is your opinion of Jay Gruden as a Head Coach candidate?

3 ) What is your opinion of Mike Zimmer as a Head Coach candidate?

I give the Chargers at least a 50-50 chance to win in Denver this coming Sunday.   The Chargers road win at Denver last month wasn't a fluke.  

Having said that,  I'm definitely roooting for the Broncos.    For no other reason other than wanting Ken Whisenhunt to become available to be hired as Lions HC following that game,  if he's the choice of GM Martin Mayhew.   I'm concerned that the Chargers could win this game AND then win on the road at New England or Indianapolis.  San Diego looks like the most complete team remaining in the AFC playoffs.

Quote:I want to see them go deep.  I've always liked Rivers but never felt he's got his due.
Chargers vs. Seattle in the SB - Clash of the NC State QB's.

I'm pulling for the Chargers as well.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]