Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFC Playoffs: Saints at Eagles

Expert time management wins this one. Another game won by Sean Payton.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So, apparently the odds of a guy missing a 32 yard FG or getting it blocked are way better than a hot offense scoring a TD to win the game with 2 minutes left.

Who would have known.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 12:22 AM by haveaseat.)

Beautiful ending. Those obnoxious Philly fans can put that in their cheese steak and shove it.

Quote:Expert time management wins this one. Another game won by Sean Payton.

Apparently Andy Reid didn't go to that school.

All week long you heard: They are on the road, they have no chance. Its below freezing.. they have no chance.. all they did was kick a field goal with no time left to WIN!!!!!! Way to go SAINTS!!!!!

Saints got walloped 34-7 in Seattle. Curious to see if they can figure out what happened.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 12:26 AM by Swaguars.)

Quote:Saints got walloped 34-7 in Seattle. Curious to see if they can figure out what happened.
To be fair, the Colts got "walloped" by the chiefs as well. 

Can't get off to a slow start again.   Playing in Seattle will be a tall order.

Quote:To be fair, the Colts got "walloped" by the chiefs as well. 
Correction: The Chiefs got walloped by Indy.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 12:41 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

I can't stop thinking about this and want someone to validate my thinking if I am crazy.

Eagles had a 1 point lead. If they would have let NO score once they were in field goal range, they would have had to go for 2 to have a TD lead. This would have given the Eagles 2 minutes to drive down the field and score.

Maybe it is pride, or just hard headed old school coaching, but i'd rather put the fate in my own hands than count on a guy missing a chip shot field goal or getting an unlikely block.

Just doesn't make any sense and is a dumb way to lose.

Quote:I can't stop thinking about this and want someone to validate my thinking if I am crazy.

Eagles had a 1 point lead. If they would have let NO score once they were in field goal range, they would have had to go for 2 to have a TD lead. This would have given the Eagles 2 minutes to drive down the field and score.

Maybe it is pride, or just hard headed old school coaching, but i'd rather put the fate in my own hands than count on a guy missing a chip shot field goal or getting an unlikely block.

Just doesn't make any sense and is a dumb way to lose.

Were the Eagles out of timeouts when they got the ball back?

Quote:To be fair, the Colts got "walloped" by the Chiefs as well. 

Quote:Correction: The Chiefs got walloped by Indy.

Both statements are true. It was all Chiefs in the first half and all Colts in the second half, so they walloped each other.

Good win for New Orleans. Not sure they have much of a shot in Seattle though.

;

;

Quote:Good win for New Orleans. Not sure they have much of a shot in Seattle though.

The Eagles would not have had much of a chance there either.

Quote:The Eagles would not have had much of a chance there either.

You don't know that. Saints already lost to Seattle in Seattle, philly hasn't played them.
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Happy to wave goodbye to the Eagles. Tired of the Chip talk. Chip is Andy Reid 2.0

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:The Eagles would not have had much of a chance there either.

The Eagles wouldn't have played them

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 01:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Happy to wave goodbye to the Eagles. Tired of the Chip talk. Chip is Andy Reid 2.0

You say that as if its an insult....Do you mean he's going to go on to win 7 more division titles and 11 playoff games? I think a lot of people around here (and anywhere else for that matter) would certainly take that....

The Eagles got beat on both sides of the LOS yesterday. When that happens, you usually lose. 

Oh, and you'll never win a SB with Nick Foles. He's as I HAVE SAID, a GAME MANAGER. QB like he can beat a LOT OF BAD TEAMS and will rarely lose to bad teams, but QB like that will always get exposed in playoff games against GOOD teams when the need for the QB to go out and MAKE BIG PLAYS to win you the game. They can't do it.  

Told. you. so. 

Quote:The Eagles got beat on both sides of the LOS yesterday. When that happens, you usually lose. 

Oh, and you'll never win a SB with Nick Foles. He's as I HAVE SAID, a GAME MANAGER. QB like he can beat a LOT OF BAD TEAMS and will rarely lose to bad teams, but QB like that will always get exposed in playoff games against GOOD teams when the need for the QB to go out and MAKE BIG PLAYS to win you the game. They can't do it.  

Told. you. so. 

ahh this episode again  :thumbsup: