Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Munchak fired

Per the ESPN ticker
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a surprise. Probably not an easy move for the owner considering Munchak has been with the organization for over 20 years.

TMD can't handle the stress over all these teams in the AFC south.

Quote:TMD can't handle the stress over all these teams in the AFC south.

He loves it. Its just more fuel for his fire.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Just yesterday it was reported he was staying.....Oh well, guess its a tacks thing. Rolleyes

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

It will be interesting to see who they hire. Most of the good candidates (that are known to be candidates anyway) are already gone - as is the best types for Coordinators. 

Maybe this one will actually play out to be good news for the Jags, ......for once. We'll see. 

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 04:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Would love the Titans to hire Del Rio for HC. He sucks. 

Actually was really hoping the Texans would have been dumb enough to do it, but alas, they aren't.....

Quote:Would love the Titans to hire Del Rio for HC. He sucks. 

Actually was really hoping the Texans would have been dumb enough to do it, but alas, they aren't.....

They are Frankensteining Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher in a lab as we speak and the finished product will be the tacks new head coach.

Panic!!!!!!

Dangit.  I was hoping we'd see him as their coach for at least one more year.  Good guy though and he's been with the team since his first day in the league.  

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 04:39 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Dangit.  I was hoping we'd see him as their coach for at least one more year.  Good guy though and he's been with the team since his first day in the league.  

Its possible that this news helps us, unless they just really hire a turd this offseason, because they were all primed and ready to tank it for Winston for next year, and now, they might actually beat us one of their games (and several more vs the others), whereas with Munchak, we & the entire division probably would have swept them. 

Every team we beat has fired their hc lol. 

So does this news make it more or less likely that the Titans are going to tank for Winston? I NEED TO KNOW.

On Wisconsin.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 04:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So does this news make it more or less likely that the Titans are going to tank for Winston? I NEED TO KNOW.

Thats already been discussed. :yes: up there ^^^^

Quote:Thats already been discussed. :yes: up there ^^^^

See, I think keeping Munchak on would have been a clear tank job. Or something.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:See, I think keeping Munchak on would have been a clear tank job. Or something.

Exactly. or something. 

Hopefully the go hire Greg schiano lol

Quote:Would love the Titans to hire Del Rio for HC. He sucks. 

We had no idea you felt that way. :o

Quote:Hopefully the go hire Greg schiano lol

He's actually a good coach. I don't want Tennessee getting him. Just because it didn't work in Tampa don't mean he will lose everywhere. 

Quote:He's actually a good coach. I don't want Tennessee getting him. Just because it didn't work in Tampa don't mean he will lose everywhere.

Personally I don't think he's a good coach at all just my opinion. Overrated at Rutgers after one season of a record of 11-2 with 6 nfl starters on that team but with a career record of 68-67 at Rutgers in the big east at that. Also Tampa had to much talent to go 4-12 this year even though I think glennon is trash

Apparently the money the Titans were paying Munchak to tank was not enough. My guess is he either found another team willing to pay him more to intentionally lose or the owner found another coach willing to do the job cheaper. The Whiff for Winston fix is in gear.