Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think Fowler is goinig to make a phenominal linebacker

I think they should stand him up.  He plays with power and speed.  I know he was drafted at 3 but he has to play to his strengths

Love seeing hits like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZARJ5StLEs

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We better hope so.  Having yet another top 3 pick not work would be a big blow to the franchise.  

He was a rover at UF. Lined up everywhere from end to DT and stood up and played rush linebacker as well. Our amazing coaching staff seems set on letting him stick at LEO. Bad move IMO.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He was a rover at UF. Lined up everywhere from end to DT and stood up and played rush linebacker as well. Our amazing coaching staff seems set on letting him stick at LEO. Bad move IMO.
While this is true, he wasn't very successful when he played outside linebacker at UF. He was far better when they played him inside or when he blitzed from an inside LB spot. 

If anything we should be asking him to be a better Ryan Davis IMO. They are athletic clones of each other. Moving an already subpar athlete to a position where he will have to play in much more space seems unwise to me. 

Quote:He was a rover at UF. Lined up everywhere from end to DT and stood up and played rush linebacker as well. Our amazing coaching staff seems set on letting him stick at LEO. Bad move IMO.
Thats what he should do here, but as you said. We have the worst coach in NFL history

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 11:20 PM by Thundersnow.)

But who would be the LEO???

Fowler was really good in coverage when he played LB for Florida as well

Quote:While this is true, he wasn't very successful when he played outside linebacker at UF. He was far better when they played him inside or when he blitzed from an inside LB spot.

If anything we should be asking him to be a better Ryan Davis IMO. They are athletic clones of each other. Moving an already subpar athlete to a position where he will have to play in much more space seems unwise to me.

I like your views here, except the athletic clones part. Davis is no Fowler mate, athletically and otherwise. But yeah outside LB puts him further away from the ball and more liable to be matched up with TEs, occasional WRs etc. He could be exploited out there.

Yet, he doesn't appear nearly disciplined enough for inside play. One misstep can cause serious gashing. He's a tough study, to me. But I love the tenacity, power, and enthusiasm. A roamer/hybrid ill defined role seems fair for now.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:But who would be the LEO???
Does it matter, there will be no "leo" position next year lmao

Quote:Fowler was really good in coverage when he played LB for Florida as well

OK, good to note, supporting the outside/inside/roamer stance.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Fowler was really good in coverage when he played LB for Florida as well
Can you show me a play that Fowler made in coverage at UF? A single one? I watched a ton of Fowler as you know, and I can't recall any. 

Not saying they don't exist I didn't chart his drop backs like I did his sacks, but I paid attention to them and I didn't see anything impressive at all. 

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 11:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Can you show me a play that Fowler made in coverage at UF? A single one? I watched a ton of Fowler as you know, and I can't recall any.

Not saying they don't exist I didn't chart his drop backs like I did his sacks, but I paid attention to them and I didn't see anything impressive at all.
did you ever see him give up anything in the passing game? And im not sure you watch as much as you say you do

Quote:I like your views here, except the athletic clones part. Davis is no Fowler mate, athletically and otherwise. But yeah outside LB puts him further away from the ball and more liable to be matched up with TEs, occasional WRs etc. He could be exploited out there.

Yet, he doesn't appear nearly disciplined enough for inside play. One misstep can cause serious gashing. He's a tough study, to me. But I love the tenacity, power, and enthusiasm. A roamer/hybrid ill defined role seems fair for now.
Fowler: 6' 3'' 261, 7.4 3 cone, 32.5 vertical, 112 broad, 4.32 shuttle

Davis: 6' 2.5" 261, 7.45 3 cone, 33 vertical, 117 broad, 4.4 shuttle

Maybe not a clone, but pretty pretty darn close. If anything Davis is a tad more explosive. 

Quote:Fowler: 6' 3'' 261, 7.4 3 cone, 32.5 vertical, 112 broad, 4.32 shuttle

Davis: 6' 2.5" 261, 7.45 3 cone, 33 vertical, 117 broad, 4.4 shuttle

Maybe not a clone, but pretty pretty darn close. If anything Davis is a tad more explosive.

Fowlers also pretty similar to Ryan Kerrigan and Terrell Suggs.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 12:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Can you show me a play that Fowler made in coverage at UF? A single one? I watched a ton of Fowler as you know, and I can't recall any. 

Tried to find something about his drops into coverage at Florida and this is all I could find.  But you love PFF so ill use this.  "It is also worth noting that on his 59 coverage snaps, he allowed just two catches for 2 yards."

Not to mention you keep saying you want Fowler to play on the dline inside and then PFF says this.  . "He also found some success simply lining up inside as a linebacker, where he only once all year lined up as an interior pass rusher in a three-point stance

https://www.profootballfocus.com/cff-pla...fowler-ed/

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 12:27 AM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Tried to find something about his drops into coverage at Florida and this is all I could find.  But you love PFF so ill use this.  "It is also worth noting that on his 59 coverage snaps, he allowed just two catches for 2 yards."

Not to mention you keep saying you want Fowler to play on the dline inside and then PFF says this.  . "He also found some success simply lining up inside as a linebacker, where he only once all year lined up as an interior pass rusher in a three-point stance

https://www.profootballfocus.com/cff-pla...fowler-ed/
Yeah, my notes for Fowler say that he wasn't challenged in pass coverage. Nothing negative but nothing positive. Just a lot of dropping back in a zone and nothing happening in his area. I think he would get absolutely roasted having to try to cover an NFL RB or TE. 

For DT, he played plenty of DT as a freshman but that's hardly fair to evaluate obviously. I have said it's speculation to move him there, moreso based on that fact that I don't believe he can overachieve at LB or DE and he has the body type/athletic profile of some of the DEs that have been successful moving inside as DPRs. 

Quote:Tried to find something about his drops into coverage at Florida and this is all I could find. But you love PFF so ill use this. "It is also worth noting that on his 59 coverage snaps, he allowed just two catches for 2 yards."

Not to mention you keep saying you want Fowler to play on the dline inside and then PFF says this. . "He also found some success simply lining up inside as a linebacker, where he only once all year lined up as an interior pass rusher in a three-point stance

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/cff-player-profile-dante-fowler-ed/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/cff-player-profile-dante-fowler-ed/</a>
that first one about coverage means absolutely nothing without seeing him actually cover. And i have no idea what they mean with that second one, are they saying he found success as an inside linebacker or lines up as an interior lineman.

Quote:that first one about coverage means absolutely nothing without seeing him actually cover. And i have no idea what they mean with that second one, are they saying he found success as an inside linebacker or lines up as an interior lineman.
I was just showing that to KY because he loves PFF.  Anytime Florida dropped him in cover he always held his own.  They were saying he had success at ILB and only lined up once as an interior pass rusher with his hand in the dirt

Quote:Fowlers also pretty similar to Ryan Kerrigan and Terrell Suggs.
He is similar athletically to Suggs who is renown for having one of the worst combines in history. If people were admitting Fowler was a mess athletically, but hoping beyond hope he is also among the biggest outliers in history then that would be different. Suggs also had the super ultra productive thing going for him, which Fowler doesn't have. 

Kerrigan I don't think is a very good comp. He was significantly bigger and more explosive...he didn't have a great 3 cone but still a fair bit better than Dante.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 12:35 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Yeah, my notes for Fowler say that he wasn't challenged in pass coverage. Nothing negative but nothing positive. Just a lot of dropping back in a zone and nothing happening in his area. I think he would get absolutely roasted having to try to cover an NFL RB or TE. 

For DT, he played plenty of DT as a freshman but that's hardly fair to evaluate obviously. I have said it's speculation to move him there, moreso based on that fact that I don't believe he can overachieve at LB or DE and he has the body type/athletic profile of some of the DEs that have been successful moving inside as DPRs. 
[Image: roflmao.gif]   Id like to see your book of notes on all the players lol