Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Houston trading #1 pick?

Zoinks!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/102380...-no-1-pick

Won't happen.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe they realized this years QBs is not all it stacked up to be. Kinda sounds like what Caldwell said in press confrense.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 05:49 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Of course he is willing to trade for more picks if the price is right! I agree it won't happen.  On a side note Schefter says that some teams have a 2nd round grade on Bridgewater.  Could just be a smokescreen, but who knows?  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Yeah, we will see come draft time. Someone always slides like crazy. I'd be surprised if it's Teddy though. Between Houston and us, one of us is surely to take him, or some surprise team trading up with St Louis.

Imagine if someone traded up for Clowney and then St. Louis took Matthews. Pick of the litter. Although, I suppose it's possible that Houston takes Clowney...

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 06:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Imagine if someone traded up for Clowney and then St. Louis took Matthews. Pick of the litter. Although, I suppose it's possible that Houston takes Clowney...

......and, Another one that suggests St Louis might stand pat and select Matthews at 2. 

Thats a pipe dream, man.....ain't happening. 

If the Rams really want Matthews they can and will trade down and still get him. You don't take Matthews at 2 ....thats a Gene Smith move. 

Quote:......and, Another one that suggests St Louis might stand pat and select Matthews at 2. 

Thats a pipe dream, man.....ain't happening. 

If the Rams really want Matthews they can and will trade down and still get him. You don't take Matthews at 2 ....thats a Gene Smith move. 

I'm going to laugh when they do. I'm sure this will be the last thing I think of at that time in May, but if I do, I'll laugh.

"If the Rams really want Matthews they can and will trade down and still get him. You don't take Matthews at 2 ....thats a Gene Smith move. "

You could also say that's a Caldwell move.

Matthews isn't leaving the top 5. So if they do want Matthews, they aren't trading down far.

But there is no way the Texans trade with us.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 06:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:"If the Rams really want Matthews they can and will trade down and still get him. You don't take Matthews at 2 ....thats a Gene Smith move. "

You could also say that's a Caldwell move.

Different draft. Weaker draft. Caldwell actually got BAP. Matthews wouldn't be BAP at 2 in this draft. 

Quote:Different draft. Weaker draft. Caldwell actually got BAP. Matthews wouldn't be BAP at 2 in this draft. 

Alot of people have him rated at the #2 BAP in this draft.

Months away from the combine, there are really only 4 players generating the buzz:

Clowney, Matthews, Barr, and Bridgewater.  I could only see 2 of those going first overall.

Interesting to see who wins and loses in a few months, yeah?

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 07:36 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Different draft. Weaker draft. Caldwell actually got BAP. Matthews wouldn't be BAP at 2 in this draft. 

Clowney, Matthews... whelp, that's two BAP.

Quote:Maybe they realized this years QBs is not all it stacked up to be. Kinda sounds like what Caldwell said in press confrense.

Most likely the case.  I personally don't see much, if anything at all, separating those at the top.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Yeah, we will see come draft time. Someone always slides like crazy. I'd be surprised if it's Teddy though. Between Houston and us, one of us is surely to take him, or some surprise team trading up with St Louis.
Or STL giving up on Bradford. 

Quote:Or STL giving up on Bradford. 

They already said in a conference call they were sticking with him.

They will be paying Bradford who is coming off an ACL surgery $35 mil for the next two years....

ACL is pretty routine nowadays.  I'd think that STL would be more secure in banking on his return than blowing a high pick on one of this year's QBs.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:ACL is pretty routine nowadays.  I'd think that STL would be more secure in banking on his return than blowing a high pick on one of this year's QBs.

Either one of this years top 2 QB is better than Bradford

Quote:Either one of this years top 2 QB is better than Bradford

Pirkster is clearly scared [BLEEP] less of drafting a QB. The mere thought causes him epic flare-ups. I've never seen anything like it. 

Quote:ACL is pretty routine nowadays. I'd think that STL would be more secure in banking on his return than blowing a high pick on one of this year's QBs.
While I don't buy into the Manziel hype or stock, but if you give me the choice between Bridgewater at $27 mil total for four years or Bradford, who is coming off an ACL surgery, at $35+ mil for two years, it's not even a debate.