Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 NFL FREE AGENTS

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 02:54 PM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

First off, get jimmy grahm out of your heads, its never happening. We have a good player in lewis,whos as good as anyone in the league at his position, never utilized in passing game. Second, the saints are not letting their prized Possession leave, whos their second most valuable player and best tight end in the league. Third, and this is if he somehoe makes it to free agency, you would have to make him the highest paid tight end in nfl history. That and every team in the league would be knocking at his door. Hes not leaving, get out of fantasy land. Saints will franchise him if they cant get a deal.

Jaguars will do something in free agency im sure of it. But thats not how you win in this league and thats been proven. Caldwell stresses the draft. And thats how you win. Building through the draft.

with that being said, we have to spend to the cap and bla bla bla. We will find some talent. I expect some o line or dlinemen. Mack might be a good fit. Maybe a michael johnson.

Worry of draft not of free agency

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some under the radar guys I'd like to take a look at are Jason Worilds from Pitt as a LEO and Cedric Thornton from PHI as a LE. Worilds could be our Bruce Irvin and Thornton can push Alualu to the bench.

Neither should cost too much.

Quote:I'd make Graham the highest paid TE in the game to get him here. 

Quote:I remember Khan saying he would spend to the cap. 

Quote:What are the odds that Dave might sign Michael Vick, QB from the Eagles?

These comments lead me to believe that none of the above will happen. 

Quote:A year ago, Caldwell said that would be done primarily through the draft, and as Year One of the current regime turns into Year Two, there’s little to indicate that approach will change.  Caldwell said shortly after the season he was pleased with the early development of a 2013 draft class that produced at least five key contributors as rookies – left tackle Luke Joeckel, safeties Johnathan Cyprien and Josh Evans, cornerbackDwayne Gratz, and wide receiver Ace Sanders – and said that remained where the Jaguars will focus their building efforts.

Caldwell also said the Jaguars likely wouldn’t be significantly more active in free agency this offseason, and said the concern wouldn’t be as much big-name players as ones who can contribute.

Quote:54 Million dollars for Jay Cutler for 7 years, thats $7,714,285.71 a year or $642,857.14 a month I so shouldve tried harder to be in the NFL.

Getting paid, but is he worth that kind of salary? Look the Ravens Flacco he got paid after last years superbowl and finished this season with a 73.1 rating more interceptions than touchdowns (22 to 19) 6.4 yards/avg. I hope the Jaguars realize they need to draft a QB this year.

We paid that for Garrard and Houston paid that for Schaub. If anything Cutler's agent should have asked for more.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 06:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:We have a good player in lewis,whos as good as anyone in the league at his position,

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

c'mon, man.....

you're eating the teal Wheaties. 

What is the deal with left tackle <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/luke-joeckel/5ae49d56-23b5-42b8-b37c-1368cc30ed64/' title="External link">Luke Joeckel</a>'s injury and how much did he progress at LT since he was forced to start the season at RT?

Do you feel that in week1 of 2014 he'll be as good as Eugene Monroe was this season, and if not why do you think Dave traded him away for so little?

All indications are that Joeckel's injury rehabilitation is progressing along as planned with no setbacks. There was a very small sample size to determine how well he did playing Left Tackle.

I think that Joeckel has the potential to seamlessly replace Monroe and to eventually overcome his performance level; whether or not he does remains to be seen.

I still think that Caldwell got fair compensation for Monroe. He was a top half, non-elite Left Tackle on the last year of his rookie contract with his replacement already on the roster. Fourth and Fifth Round picks in the middle of the round seem like fair compensation to me.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The Jaguars get both the 4th round & 5th round of the Ravens draft this year for Monroe whom might not have signed this year without demanding franchise tag type of money that wouldnt be paid causing only the comp pick for him?

I guess it wasnt a bad deal then, but how it'll be viewed will depend on Luke's performance next season & Monroe's on the Ravens I would think.

Quote:The Jaguars get both the 4th round & 5th round of the Ravens draft this year for Monroe whom might not have signed this year without demanding franchise tag type of money that wouldnt be paid causing only the comp pick for him?

I guess it wasnt a bad deal then, but how it'll be viewed will depend on Luke's performance next season & Monroe's on the Ravens
I would think.

Provided he plays for Baltimore next season. I'm not saying that he definitely won't, but the possibility remains that he may sign elsewhere.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/879563...ey-dates-p

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b>March 11:</b> New league year, free agency begins

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must exercise options for 2014 on all players who have option clauses in their 2013 contracts. 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their restricted free agents with expiring contracts.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2013 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued Seasons of free agency credit.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">March 11: All clubs must be under the 2014 salary cap before 4 p.m. ET.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b>March 23-26:</b> Owners meeting, Orlando, Fla.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">April 7: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin off-season workout programs.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">April 21: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin off-season workout programs.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">May 2: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">May 7: Deadline for prior club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">May 8-10: NFL draft, New York, Radio City Music Hall. First round begins at 8 p.m. ET.
Wow that sucks have to wait even longer now..