Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 NFL FREE AGENTS

Quote:This is what I'm counting on. Many teams make complete turn arounds from one year to the next. Case in point the Chiefs last year. I don't think we're that far off of having that kind of turn around. Use the cap space wisely, get a couple of good picks in the draft.. then... money.

The Chiefs didn't drastically change their roster though, the talent was already there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just hope we upgrade both sides of the ball a little in free agency (and then the draft as well).  Doesn't have to be big name players.  Though signing a great player would be nice.  Even if it's someone who wasn't known for being great before, but could be in Jacksonville.

Still all going to depend on what QB we can get.

I really hate how they moved the draft to May.  I know they're trying to spread things out a little more.  But I don't think it helps that much to move the draft back.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

It is likely FA will be quiet again. Caldwell is in it for the long haul

Alex Mack, please. 

Other than that, a veteran QB not named Chad Henne alongside some front 7 guys would be good. They don't have to be big-namers, I'd be happy with Marks-esque players. Very happy. 

54 Million dollars for Jay Cutler for 7 years, thats $7,714,285.71 a year or $642,857.14 a month I so shouldve tried harder to be in the NFL.

Getting paid, but is he worth that kind of salary?  Look the Ravens Flacco he got paid after last years superbowl and finished this season with a 73.1 rating more interceptions than touchdowns (22 to 19) 6.4 yards/avg. I hope the Jaguars realize they need to draft a QB this year.

What are the odds that Dave might sign Michael Vick, QB from the Eagles?

A great draft and a quiet FA with a few "value" pick-ups please.  No big names/contracts.

Quote:What are the odds that Dave might sign Michael Vick, QB from the Eagles?
Zero, I hope.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The Chiefs didn't drastically change their roster though, the talent was already there.

Oh I know, they had 7 pro bowlers on the leagues worst record team. The worst team never has that many, so it's a special case, I'm just making the point that there is normally always a team that does horrible and does a complete turnaround the very next year. It's never been us so I'm hoping this is our time.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 01:26 PM by GreeceMonkE.)

Quote:It is likely FA will be quiet again. Caldwell is in it for the long haul
I am not saying we will spend all of our cap, but I could see us making 2-3 signings to reach that minimum spending amount. Mack, Orakpo, and Asamoah would be more than enough.

Remember all teams need to have at least 89% of the cap accounted for on their books, and if I'm not mistaken the adjusted cap for the 2014 season I believe is 146 million. Even with Mincey and others that will count towards our cap heading into next season, we only have 83 million accounted for. If that adjusted cap holds up then the Jaguars will need to use up about 130 million of the available cap space before September.

Quote:I am not saying we will spend all of our cap, but I could see us making 2-3 signings to reach that minimum spending amount. Mack, Orakpo, and Asamoah would be more than enough.

Remember all teams need to have at least 89% of the cap accounted for on their books, and if I'm not mistaken the adjusted cap for the 2014 season I believe is 146 million. Even with Mincey and others that will count towards our cap heading into next season, we only have 83 million accounted for. If that adjusted cap holds up then the Jaguars will need to use up about 130 million of the available cap space before September.

Knowing this, it will be extremely disappointing if we don't bring in a few high priced FA's. This team is set up perfectly to have a few good FA's paired with a good draft to have a great year next year. I think this team is a lot closer to competing than some people (JW) would care to believe.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote: Jaguars will need to use up about 130 million of the available cap space before September.
I don't think that's true, but we will have to use it eventually. Even if we signed 2 high priced FAs, which is unlikely, I don't think we're getting to $130 million

Quote:A great draft and a quiet FA with a few "value" pick-ups please.  No big names/contracts.
I agree unless someone like Mack hits FA, which is unlikely

I wouldn't mind Vontae Davis.

Jimmy Graham is going to get signed. If he doesn't then he will be franchised tagged. There is no way NO is going to let him have a chance at FA.

Bleacher reports early predictions on free agent landing spots

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18924...t-signings

Quote:Bleacher reports early predictions on free agent landing spots

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18924...t-signings

spoiler: 

He predicts MoJo will re-sign with the Jags for a modest 2 years deal @ 4 MIL per. 

He also predicts the Jaguars sign WR Decker @ 3 years, 20 MIL. That one somewhat surprised me. 

He has FS Jairus Byrd getting signed by the Oakland Raiders. I disagree with that one. His current team has expressed interest in re-signing him, and if he does go elsewhere, the Eagles could use a Safety like that big time.  I'd love him here in Jax, but it seems were instead trying the Evans route there.

I would love Alex Mack and Major Wright

I think the perfect (and most probable) scenario would be to sign a couple of the younger free agents (perhaps Ted Larsen and a couple more) and not break the bank on the top tier players. Build through the draft, let the free agents battle the rookies in Camp and use the next season to build the "core" of the team, get more NFL experience to the younger players and then maybe sign some bigger names next year when we (hopefully) are closer to being a playoff team.

I dont like the idea of paying guys like Greg Hardy, Michael Johnson alot of money. That is for the teams whom are a few players away from being a super Bowl contender or so. Lets make this rebuild right and not pay players BIG money (read Gene Smith) before we have a better all around team.

Ps. This is my first post so be gentle (my english spelling is far from perfect Wink I am SO exited about this teams future!

-Magnus

Quote:spoiler: 

He predicts MoJo will re-sign with the Jags for a modest 2 years deal @ 4 MIL per. 

He also predicts the Jaguars sign WR Decker @ 3 years, 20 MIL. That one somewhat surprised me. 

He has FS Jairus Byrd getting signed by the Oakland Raiders. I disagree with that one. His current team has expressed interest in re-signing him, and if he does go elsewhere, the Eagles could use a Safety like that big time.  I'd love him here in Jax, but it seems were instead trying the Evans route there.
I like the Decker singing sorta, especially if Blackmon doesn't return. 

Quote:What are the odds that Dave might sign Michael Vick, QB from the Eagles?

I could see this happening if we draft Johnny Manziel. He would be the best QB to plug in if Johnny Football gets hurt.