Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jay Cutler Resigned thru 2020

per ESPN

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

per ESPN

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Signed 7 year contract with Bears.

http://youtu.be/LpZ3LODBK7E?t=25s

Sorry Tennessee!!!!!

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Not really a surprise. Also likely means the Bears won't be a serious Super Bowl contender after 2020.

To me, I think it pushes Houston closer to drafting a QB early. Tennessee too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:To me, I think it pushes Houston closer to drafting a QB early. Tennessee too.

Thats what I was thinking. Sucks too, because I was hoping Houston might have gone the Cutler route and have their success capped for the duration of Cutler's contract there. 

Chicago are morons. 

Wow thats a long contract for Cutler. Any news on the financials?

Will obviously have an affect on the draft as the Texans picking Cutler up would have been amazing for us.

Who else is available in the offseason QB wise that the Texans might go for?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 12:21 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

Will obviously have an affect on the draft as the Texans picking Cutler up would have been amazing for us.

To answer the question: Bridgewater. Its gonna happen. 

Things are not shaping up for the Jaguars in regards to any hope of seriously competing for this division over the next decade. The interdivisional environment over the next 5-10 years (Luck/ Bridge+ O Brien), just like from 2002-2010 (Manning/ Fisher) is not favorable for us. 

REALLY REALLY was hoping that the Texans would have signed Cutler. It was one of our last hope's to cap the Texan's success. 

don't see this news with a drink in hand, i spat when i saw 7 year contract

ridiculous

don't honestly care though

i'm happy if the jags take bridgewater clowney or barr with 3

if we are not sold on barr and an on off performance from bortles in the bowl game makes me think maybe trade down in the first and take mack or bortles in the top 10 which ever one is about. I'm happy with that too

I don't understand the contract extension at all.

Quote:don't see this news with a drink in hand, i spat when i saw 7 year contract

ridiculous

don't honestly care though

i'm happy if the jags take bridgewater clowney or barr with 3

if we are not sold on barr and an on off performance from bortles in the bowl game makes me think maybe trade down in the first and take mack or bortles in the top 10 which ever one is about. I'm happy with that too

Come on - we've been reading about NFL contracts long enough to know they are not what they seem.

This one isn't really seven years. I haven't seen the details but PFT indicates it averages $17 million the first three years. I bet that after that the Bears' salary hit is probably not bad. The key component will be the amount that is guaranteed. The rest to a large part is for show. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:To answer the question: Bridgewater. Its gonna happen.

Things are not shaping up for the Jaguars in regards to any hope of seriously competing for this division over the next decade. The interdivisional environment over the next 5-10 years (Luck/ Bridge+ O Brien), just like from 2002-2010 (Manning/ Fisher) is not favorable for us.

I REALLY REALLY was hoping that the Texans would have signed Cutler. It was one of our last hope's to cap the Texan's success.

No hope?!?!?!? Dang, now what am I going to do?

Bridgewater and Manziel could seriously go pick 1and 2.Although you can never be certain what your gonna get from draft picks I would hate to miss out on one of these 2 but it's a possibility.So next best option is then to probably take Clowney and grab QB in 2nd round but this option doesn't excite me like grabbing 1 of those QBs

Quote:Wow thats a long contract for Cutler. Any news on the financials?

54 million guaranteed!!!

wow

Quote:The interdivisional environment over the next 5-10 years (Luck/ Bridge+ O Brien), just like from 2002-2010 (Manning/ Fisher) is not favorable for us. 

I love how you talk about your opinion as fact.

O'Brien compared to Fisher and Bridgewater / Luck compared to Manning. Do you ever put your agenda aside?

Quote:Not really a surprise. Also likely means the Bears won't be a serious Super Bowl contender after 2020.
Don't really agree with this, Cutler can be pretty good. And with that receiving core, I bet he will be next year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:54 million guaranteed!!!

wow
Well he is better than Flacco, I think he deserved more guaranteed than him, lol.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.