Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Buccaneers hire Lovie Smith as HC

Quote:Frazier and Tedford are great hires because the Jags didn't hire them.

The more you know.

Tedford + Frazier >>>>>>>>>> Babich and Fisch.

I'm not nearly as sold on Tedford but Frazier is a fantastic defensive mind and you'll see big things from that Tampa D in the near future. I would be ecstatic to have Frazier in Jacksonville.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tedford + Frazier >>>>>>>>>> Babich and Fisch.

I'm not nearly as sold on Tedford but Frazier is a fantastic defensive mind and you'll see big things from that Tampa D in the near future. I would be ecstatic to have Frazier in Jacksonville.

Thank you.....

Nice to see there are still some objective voices on this board. 

Not everything is a Jaguars slight. I've praised Jags coaches in the past, even on Del Rio's staff. But Fisch & Babich??..... P U. they stink. 

Quote:Thank you.....

Nice to see there are still some objective voices on this board.

[Image: tumblr_lzdgb7nMPm1qj6rpf.gif]

;

;

Quote:[Image: tumblr_lzdgb7nMPm1qj6rpf.gif]

I disagree with TMD on many things however this time he's correct. This was a great hire by Tampa Bay.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 04:21 PM by RacheInTeal.)

Quote: This was a great hire by Tampa Bay.

You're a great hire by Tampa Bay. 

Roasted. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:You're a great hire by Tampa Bay.

Roasted.

You're a towel!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You're a towel!

Made of exquisite Egyptian cotton laced with gold silk, yes I am. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:Made of exquisite Egyptian cotton laced with gold silk, yes I am.

Egyptian?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Per Schefter, the Bucs are giving Lovie control over all personnel decisions.

Wow.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Per Schefter, the Bucs are giving Lovie control over all personnel decisions.

Wow.

lol.....good luck with that. 

With Rod Marinelli unable to get out of his contract to come back to Tampa,  not only did Lovie Smith hire Leslie Frazier as Defensive Coordinator,  he hired former Lions and Jaguars Defensive Line Coach Joe Cullen for the same position with the Bucs.   The move makes sense considering Cullen's familiarity with the Tampa Two System:

Buccaneers hire Joe Cullen to coach defensive line

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...sive-line/

Quote:Per Schefter, the Bucs are giving Lovie control over all personnel decisions.

Wow.

My guess is the Glazer Family will regret giving Lovie Smith both the Head Coach AND personnel decision maker roles.  

Also,  this will likely lead to some potential Bucs GM candidates not wanting to come to Tampa.    Especially those that believe they have a good chance at getting a GM job in the next year or two that would provide personnel decisions control.

Wow.

I thought Lovie + Frazier was going to be the best coaching signings this offseason...then I read this.  Not a smart move in my opinion.  Coaches should coach, offer opinion on personnel, and let the GM and their staff make the decision on personnel.  They're separate jobs for a reason.

Quote:With Rod Marinelli unable to get out of his contract to come back to Tampa,  not only did Lovie Smith hire Leslie Frazier as Defensive Coordinator,  he hired former Lions and Jaguars Defensive Line Coach Joe Cullen for the same position with the Bucs.   The move makes sense considering Cullen's familiarity with the Tampa Two System:

Buccaneers hire Joe Cullen to coach defensive line

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...sive-line/

Amazing how these guys just get recycled and apparently lack of results means nothing. 

Quote:Amazing how these guys just get recycled and apparently lack of results means nothing. 

Kinda like your schtick.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Amazing how these guys just get recycled and apparently lack of results means nothing. 

With the opportunity to work with Gerald McCoy and Adrian Clayborn in a system he's very familiar with and a number of seasons as an NFL Defensive Line coach under his belt,   Joe Cullen probably is in his best position yet for substantial success. 

Quote:Kinda like your schtick.

.....ah HA ha.........ha......