Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kubiak and Chudzinski hurt by comparisons to Gus Bradley

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...s-bradley/

“They compared themselves, believe it or not, to the job Gus Bradley’s done in Jacksonville,” Glazer said of the Browns. “They said, ‘Is their personnel better than ours? No, it’s not. Yet they improved and got better as the year went on.’”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If true the Browns ownership is almost childlike in their surface observations because anyone could clearly see with a slight delve beneath the surface that the Jaguars easy schedule aided in their "improvement" over the last half of the season. 

Very nice! I got a feeling a lot of NFL fans are going to be hating on the jags in the future under the current regime.

Quote:Very nice! I got a feeling a lot of NFL fans are going to be hating on the jags in the future under the current regime.

Ah, youth & inexperience. 

Jags have a lot to overcome, son. 

The Texans will be instantly more formidible now with a better head coach than we have. 

Quote:Ah, youth & inexperience. 

The Texans will be instantly more formidible now with a better head coach than we have.

The guy hasn't coached his first game for them...but he's instantly better than Gus....

Are you ever happy about anything???
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2014, 02:43 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The guy hasn't coached his first game for them...but he's instantly better than Gus....

Are you ever happy about anything???

I know the coach. He good. 

The Penn State situation was practically hopeless, and yet he somehow waded through that adversity and put together 2 consecutive winning seasons. I'll say it again in case you missed it. A good guage of QB and coaches are what they are able to accomplish through adversity. Accomplishing more with less. O Brien has proven to do that. Not only in college, but also contributing to that in the pro's when Brady went down in week 1 that year, and the Patriot offense was saddled with a Matt Cassel who hadn't been a full time starter since high school. Yet, they managed to go 11-5. Remarkable accomlishment. 

Tom Coughlin had precedent of this before coming to the Jaguars. He revived a dead Boston College program. 

Actual head coaching experience is another thing that gives O' Brien a nod over Bradley. 

Its not being "negative" its speaking factually. 

Quote:I know the coach. He good. 

The Penn State situation was practically hopeless, and yet he somehow waded through that adversity and put together 2 consecutive winning seasons. I'll say it again in case you missed it. A good guage of QB and coaches are what they are able to accomplish through adversity. Accomplishing more with less. O Brien has proven to do that. Not only in college, but also contributing to that in the pro's when Brady went down in week 1 that year, and the Patriot offense was saddled with a Matt Cassel who hadn't been a full time starter since high school. Yet, they managed to go 11-5. Remarkable accomlishment. 

Tom Coughlin had precedent of this before coming to the Jaguars. He revived a dead Boston College program. 

Actual head coaching experience is another thing that gives O' Brien a nod over Bradley. 

The situation at penn state sucked for them...but let's not pretend he went into an awful team that had never won anything.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:If true the Browns ownership is almost childlike in their surface observations because anyone could clearly see with a slight delve beneath the surface that the Jaguars easy schedule aided in their "improvement" over the last half of the season.

When you have the worst roster in the NFL on talent alone, there's no such thing as an easy schedule. On paper we should of been 0-16

Quote:Ah, youth & inexperience. 

Don't call me son.

Quote:When you have the worst roster in the NFL on talent alone, there's no such thing as an easy schedule. On paper we should of been 0-16

You are a regime's "dream" fan. 

The Jaguars were not 0-16 level personnel on paper. I'll admit they were bottom 5 level personnel. Thats about it. The "worst team of all time garbage" was always hyperbole that some people bought into for their own agendas. 

Quote:Don't call me son.

Ok, kid. 

Quote: 

Ok, kid.
I guess anyone who isn't a miserable old man is a kid in your eyes. Got it.

I feel bad for you. Even when I do agree with you, (which, surprisingly is often) I still don't say anything because you alienate and belittle everyone around you. Screw it, call me son, kid whatever. You obviously need whatever you can get to make yourself feel better. Carry on.

Quote:Its not being "negative" its speaking factually. 

Your takes are consistently negative when it comes to the Jaguars.  I don't always disagree with what you say, but to say you're anything but negative isn't factual.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2014, 03:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Your takes are consistently negative when it comes to the Jaguars.  I don't always disagree with what you say, but to say you're anything but negative isn't factual.

Gee, my takes are consistently negative towards the Jaguars?? Imagine that?!!.....14 years of more or less garbage football & bad decisions will do that to a person. 

Its amazing there aren't many more that post with the cynical tone I do. 

When/ if the Jaguars give me reason to start changing that negative tone, I'll have no problem doing so. The Jaguars decisions/ football product basically write my posts. This isn't fiction here. 

Saban is the best college coach. .yet he couldn't cut it in the NFL. It's a different ballgame. O'Brien may be better than Gus..but not until he has proven himself. It really won't be a fair comparison next year anyway. O'Brien will inherit a talented roster and the first overall selection.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Saban is the best college coach. .yet he couldn't cut it in the NFL. It's a different ballgame. O'Brien may be better than Gus..but not until he has proven himself. It really won't be a fair comparison next year anyway. O'Brien will inherit a talented roster and the first overall selection.

So you think just because of the Miami thing that Saban will ultimately always fail if he ever tried his hand at the NFL again??

You do realize that Saban actually has NFL experience, even outside the Miami stint, right?

O Brien is a Tom Coughlin clone. He has a track record of doing more with less and being successful through adversity. That bodes well for his chances of succeeding as an NFL head coach. Oh, and O Brien also has NFL experience, too. This isn't a college lifer here were talking about. 

And we're fully into the offseason schtick now.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So you think just because of the Miami thing that Saban will ultimately always fail if he ever tried his hand at the NFL again??

You do realize that Saban actually has NFL experience, even outside the Miami stint, right?

O Brien is a Tom Coughlin clone. He has a track record of doing more with less and being successful through adversity. That bodes well for his chances of succeeding as an NFL head coach. Oh, and O Brien also has NFL experience, too. This isn't a college lifer here were talking about.
Should I open my mouth a little wider so you can continue putting word there? This has nothing to do with Saban coming back to the NFL. Im aware of both his and O'Brien' s NFL experience. Way to miss the whole point of my post. Im stating that while O'Brien has all the potinetal to be a better coach, he must prove himself.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Should I open my mouth a little wider so you can continue putting word there? This has nothing to do with Saban coming back to the NFL. Im aware of both his and O'Brien' s NFL experience. Way to miss the whole point of my post. Im stating that while O'Brien has all the potinetal to be a better coach, he must prove himself.

You brought Saban into this convo, not me. 

Quote:I know the coach. He good. 

that is a whole lot different. college football is more about recruiting than scheming and preparing for your opponent. there are teams that can get away with wins on talent alone. i do think obrien is a good coach but at the nfl level he will have to work with the talent on the roster. he cant just go out and recruit better players. hackenberg was huge for them. 

there are some very good coaches and some very bad coaches. everything in between doesnt really effect the game too much in my opinion.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If true the Browns ownership is almost childlike in their surface observations because anyone could clearly see with a slight delve beneath the surface that the Jaguars easy schedule aided in their "improvement" over the last half of the season. 

And one could say the same for the Browns. The easy part of their schedule was the first half, which is when they were winning. The hard half was when they were losing.

I would call that a very good comparison.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.