Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kubiak and Chudzinski hurt by comparisons to Gus Bradley

Quote:Your takes are consistently negative when it comes to the Jaguars.  I don't always disagree with what you say, but to say you're anything but negative isn't factual.
At least TMD didn't make a post like jagswoman cheering on the other team to beat the jags, but trying to defend that he wasn't rooting against the jags. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gee, my takes are consistently negative towards the Jaguars?? Imagine that?!!.....14 years of more or less garbage football & bad decisions will do that to a person. 

Its amazing there aren't many more that post with the cynical tone I do. 

When/ if the Jaguars give me reason to start changing that negative tone, I'll have no problem doing so.
14 years and yet you're still here in a somewhat dysfunctunal love/hate relationship.  Why?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:14 years and yet you're still here in a somewhat dysfunctunal love/hate relationship.  Why?

What am I supposed to do? Jump ship because of losing? Can't do that. 

Quote:What am I supposed to do? Jump ship because of losing? Can't do that. 
Well, since truly loyal fans can be difficult to find, I say "carry on".

P.S.  When things with the team seem most difficult, remember the words of the German philosopher, Nietzsche, "That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 12:14 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well, since truly loyal fans can be difficult to find, I say "carry on".

P.S.  When things with the team seem most difficult, remember the words of the German philosopher, Nietzsche, "That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

By that account, Jacksonville must have an army of Arnold Schwarzeneggers as fans :woot:

I'm tired of getting "stronger" every year. I just want the team to win consistently & something of substance for once. 

Quote:I know the coach. He good. 

He knows the coach, guys. Move on. We're unqualified to argue with him. 

Quote:By that account, Jacksonville must have an army of Arnold Schwarzeneggers as fans.

I'm tired of getting "stronger" every year. I just want the team to win consistently & something of substance for once. 

We have to get stronger before we can show results of our new strength. That should be pretty obvious.

Actually my signature is not about physical strength acquired in the weight room. It is about enduring adversity.

O'Brien will be average at best. Don't act like he made miracles happen at PSU. His cupboard was not bare and they were still an average team. If Texans took Lovie, you know someone with actual success in the NFL, I'd be worried. Oh yeah BOB helped Brady and the Brady-less Pats. Pshhh.

Bill O'Brien instantly became my most hated coach.  The Fraudstache (what a good name for a guy with a mustache not nearly as magnificent as our owners, and it also starts with an F) moves down to number two.  At least Munchack's job is still safe for now.  Let's hope it continues that way.

I think the Browns were hasty in firing Chudzinski.  Unlike here in Jacksonville, they don't come in with a new general manager (Unless they fired Mike "No not that one" Lombardi and I didn't hear about it).  Which may mean that coaching candidates may be hesitant to come in.  I'm wondering if they might become like the Raiders, who were a coaching carousel of confusion for a while there.  He had to deal with injury, and I think given more time he could have done more.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Well, since truly loyal fans can be difficult to find, I say "carry on".

Unfortunately, for Nietzsche, syphilis didn't make him stronger.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 01:37 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:O'Brien will be average at best. Don't act like he made miracles happen at PSU. His cupboard was not bare and they were still an average team. If Texans took Lovie, you know someone with actual success in the NFL, I'd be worried. Oh yeah BOB helped Brady and the Brady-less Pats. Pshhh.

I'm the opposite. I wasn't worried at all about the Texans if they landed Lovie. I think their ceiling with O Brien is much higher than it would have been with Lovie. I was not all that impressed with Lovie's track record in Chicago. He made one super bowl, his team wasn't all that competitive in it, and his teams were pretty much mediocre otherwise. Big deal. 

How do you add people to your ignore list?  My New Year's Resolution is to not read another one of TMD's agenda pushing, sky is falling, pessimistic posts.  How lonely and sad would TMD be if everyone just ignored him.  I can only dream...