Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would the Jaguars give "Mario Williams type money" to Greg Hardy if he hits the open market

The Panthers could use the franchise tag on him to keep him in the fold for at least one more year at 12 million. A long term deal could get done there also but with what they committed already to Charles Johnson, that would be alot tied up in one position. If the hit the open market, he would be the #1 guy. I am sure he would command Mario Williams type dollars. With certain incentives, Williams' contract is 6 yr/100 million. Is he worth that? Is anyone? Would be a high price to pay.

But close your eyes for a second and picture Hardy on one side and Clowney on the other. Damn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes

I wouldn't give Mario Williams type money to anyone except myself.

Caldwell has come out and said he's looking for b- c+ free agents so no.

Honestly don't get over excited about who we might sign because you're going to be disappointed.

The only 'A' guy I can see us going for is Alex Mack because if though he's a really good center. The position isn't paid premiumly.

No. 

Besides, if there's anything we've learned in the last few years, it is very rare for a high priced free agent to live up to his contract.  

Quote:Caldwell has come out and said he's looking for b- c+ free agents so no.

I think you're reading too much into his comments in one interview with a Buffalo newspaper.

;

;

I like Hardy, but no one is going to pay him that much.  Half that amount is overpaying.

Honestly don't get over excited about who we might sign because you're going to be disappointed.

The only 'A' guy I can see us going for is Alex Mack because if though he's a really good center. The position isn't paid premiumly.
yes,.... Oline will be where we find quality free agents this year, IMO.

Maybe a lower tier FA QB if Henne isn't resigned.

and schmaybe a RB? There are quite a few that are set to hit the market, some of which won't be commanding "MJD" money LMAO

Also the free agent TE class looks solid

Say we don't give Lewis the money he wants...

We could pay for a more proven commodity if another team has to make sacrifices.

Finley coming off injury might be had cheaper than usual?

Jimmy Graham if the Saints are in cap trouble? (Im not sure they let him go.)

Garrett Graham from the tinhorns he is making chump change in Houston and actually looked pretty good from what I saw.

Quarless, Dickson, Pitta, Pettigrew are some others.

While the DE FA class doesn't look as great, with fewer names and so high price tags. 

Besides, with Branch and Davis we have some good promise. Alualu and Babin seem OK at the position, if we drafter Anthony Barr, I think we're pretty good there. Just my humble opinion though.

Quote:Also the free agent TE class looks solid

Say we don't give Lewis the money he wants...

We could pay for a more proven commodity if another team has to make sacrifices.

Finley coming off injury might be had cheaper than usual?

Jimmy Graham if the Saints are in cap trouble? (Im not sure they let him go.)

Garrett Graham from the tinhorns he is making chump change in Houston and actually looked pretty good from what I saw.

Quarless, Dickson, Pitta, Pettigrew are some others.

Lewis the money he wants? He isn't a free agent.

And Finley had a serious neck/spine injury. I don't think he's every playing again.

;

;

Quote:I think you're reading too much into his comments in one interview with a Buffalo newspaper.

Until he comes out and says something which even slightly contradicts that (which he hasn't yet) then that one interview with a buffalo newspaper is the only source we have into how he plans to handle free agency.

That and last offseason, where coincidently we signed b-, c+ free agents.

Like I said he might break that rule but IMO only for an oline this season, as I believe there's good Value and it'll support our new rookie qb, if we get one.

I think in 2/3 years time well be getting free agents like Hardy when we are challenging.

Quote:Lewis the money he wants? He isn't a free agent.

And Finley had a serious neck/spine injury. I don't think he's every playing again.
I meant the rumors surrounding us not keeping him, as in cutting him because of the money he'll be making. That's my bad.

Pretty sure Finley said he'll play again.

Maroon, the statement continued, "is experienced in conducting this type of procedure on professional athletes in contact sports, and is confident that Jermichael will fully recover following the procedure. Once surgery has been completed, Jermichael has every intention of resuming his football career, and we fully support his efforts to do so.''

So nah  Tongue

Quote:Until he comes out and says something which even slightly contradicts that (which he hasn't yet) then that one interview with a buffalo newspaper is the only source we have into how he plans to handle free agency.

That and last offseason, where coincidently we signed b-, c+ free agents.

Like I said he might break that rule but IMO only for an oline this season, as I believe there's good Value and it'll support our new rookie qb, if we get one.

I think in 2/3 years time well be getting free agents like Hardy when we are challenging.

This doesn't make any sense. If we were to get a couple of high priced free agents while we have so much cap space, then pick up good to great picks in the draft then we will be challenging next year.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:This doesn't make any sense. If we were to get a couple of high priced free agents while we have so much cap space, then pick up good to great picks in the draft then we will be challenging next year.

If it was that easy why doesn't everyone do that?

You build through the draft, free agent just fills gaps.

Hardy will make 8-10 million per year. The market isn't the same as it was 3 years ago.

no way   enough of the big money free loaders    

Don't get your hopes up bro.

Mario Williams hasn't even lived up to

his
contract. Why would you pay someone that much again?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Actually, today at the presser Caldwell stated that while he wouldn't be signing more in quantity of FA, that he'd be looking to sign more of an "impact" level FA's  this offseason. 

I want to see Mack, one of Hardy/ Orakpo/ other available top level pass rusher, and one good OG signed via FA this offseason. It probably won't happen, but that would be a smart way to spend some of the cap room. Much better than spending 8,5 on an average Marcedes, thats for sure. 

Quote:Don't get your hopes up bro.

Mario Williams hasn't even lived up to
his contract. Why would you pay someone that much again?

Does that make the question less relevant? Greg Hardy is 25 years old and has 26 sacks the last two years. He's going to make a ton.

Yeah he will make a ton.  Maybe it would make more sense to spend that big chunk of money on getting 2-3 starters for the offensive line and maybe a WR like Golden Tate.

Then we can use our #3 pick on either the QB or a pass rusher.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>