Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would the Jaguars give "Mario Williams type money" to Greg Hardy if he hits the open market

Quote:Until he comes out and says something which even slightly contradicts that (which he hasn't yet) then that one interview with a buffalo newspaper is the only source we have into how he plans to handle free agency.

That and last offseason, where coincidently we signed b-, c+ free agents.

Like I said he might break that rule but IMO only for an oline this season, as I believe there's good Value and it'll support our new rookie qb, if we get one.

I think in 2/3 years time well be getting free agents like Hardy when we are challenging.

No, go back and read that article. B and C grade free agents were the plan going into the season and not necessarily the plan going forward.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Boy..Hardy was such a beast at Ole Miss..err Hogwarts. Glad I got to watch him there..broke his foot jr year and fell to the 6th or 7th. He is not making much from that small contract. He will be very expensive. .more than Caldwell would want to spend. I see the Panthers franchising him to be honest. You dont let that talent go
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Yeah he will make a ton.  Maybe it would make more sense to spend that big chunk of money on getting 2-3 starters for the offensive line and maybe a WR like Golden Tate.

Then we can use our #3 pick on either the QB or a pass rusher.

Michael Johnson won't be cheap but could be a slightly cheaper option.

No thanks to becoming the modern day Oakland Raiders.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

No but I do want him. 

I would be shocked if we get any of the top guys that everybody clamors for every year and then gets disappointed. It's an annual tradition around here. 

I'm not expecting close to any of Hardy, Johnson, Orakpo, or Mack. Much less AND.

Quote:Actually, today at the presser Caldwell stated that while he wouldn't be signing more in quantity of FA, that he'd be looking to sign more of an "impact" level FA's this offseason.

I want to see Mack, one of Hardy/ Orakpo/ other available top level pass rusher, and one good OG signed via FA this offseason. It probably won't happen, but that would be a smart way to spend some of the cap room. Much better than spending 8,5 on an average Marcedes, thats for sure.

He also said this, which I believes rules out the above name amongst other mentioned.

"I don't know about bigger-name guys, but hopefully guys who make a bit more impact," Caldwell said.

As a Panthers fan myself, by the way I live in Palm Coast and always cheer for the Jaguars to do well, I hope we can resign him.  He has said twice in the past week or so that he will take a discount to stay in Carolina.  Whatever that means?  He has already turned down 8mil per year.  We, the fans, love "The Kraken" and he is a fan favorite.  We would like to keep him of course.  If he leaves, I would want him to go to Jax.  Far away from the NFC and to a team that I kinda like.  You guys will probably see me posting from time to time on your board.  I love talking football and how we can get Jacksonville turned around into a winning franchise and back into the post season.  

We should definitely add one of the FA TE's. Having 2 nfl caliber TE's will help whoever is under center

Hardy wants to get paid, but he may not have a realistic sense of his value. He floated talk of a $100M contract. I'm thinking less. A lot less.
Only a chump boos the home team!