Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chudzinski to be fired

Developing story on NFL network. Could happen tonight as opposed to Monday......shocking if true

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't believe it either. One and done made sense in Jacksonville because we also got a new GM. That is not the case in Cleveland. What are they thinking?

Something had to happen to cause this

I don't get it thought they where pretty competitive this year? Heck they're QB situation is probably worse then ours.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Since 2003 the Browns have had 5 head coaches (6 if you count interim coach) and 5 GMs. 

You mean the Chudzinski that a certain someone tore the Jaguars up for not hiring less than a year ago? :whistling:

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Officially fired

Wow, this is really fast.  Not just to get fired after the first year, but they didn't even wait till Monday??

Chud and the owner or GM must have not been on the same page.  Perhaps there was a huge argument there.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I would love it if the Jags brought him in as the new OC. Could get a lot out of our next QB.

I wonder if Norv Turner gets fired too. Would love to see the Jags fire Fisch and get Turner.

Quote:Since 2003 the Browns have had 5 head coaches (6 if you count interim coach) and 5 GMs. 

What jumps out with these numbers is in the Browns first 17 seasons of their existence,  they only had one Head Coach and GM :  Paul Brown.   In those 17 seasons,  the Browns won the first 4 AAFC Championships.   Then when entering the NFL in 1950,   they won 3 NFL Championships and went to 3 other NFL Championship Games.   This was once a model franchise.   In essence,  in the last 40 + years,  they switched places with the Steelers,  a franchise that never even made the playoffs prior to 1972.

Quote:I wonder if Norv Turner gets fired too. Would love to see the Jags fire Fisch and get Turner.

Gus Bradley will not fire Jedd Fisch just because another OC is available. He would do it if he thinks Fisch is a bad OC.

Right now I am not thinking about offensive coordinators. Black Monday is all about head coaches losing their jobs; assistants get fired later.

Quote: 

You mean the Chudzinski that a certain someone tore the Jaguars up for not hiring less than a year ago? :whistling:

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Yeah, that was me, and Cleveland are morons for firing him, 

If the Jags were smart they'd fire BUM Jedd and hire Chud for OC. 

Quote:Yeah, that was me, and Cleveland are morons for firing him, 

So, you're conceding that Gus is a better option at HC since you're only proposing the OC position?

Quote:Yeah, that was me, and Cleveland are morons for firing him, 

I don't understand how you can call Jedd Fisch a bum and call for his job without taking the roster into consideration and having a little common sense.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:I don't understand how you can call Jedd Fisch a bum and call for his job without taking the roster into consideration and having a little common sense.

It's called a schtick.

Quote: 

{yawn}

;

;

Quote:So, you're conceding that Gus is a better option at HC since you're only proposing the OC position?

They're probably comparable. I'm not calling for a Gus Bradley firing right now. That would be just as dumb as the Browns for firing Chud. 

But at this point Chud would indeed make for an upgrade at OC from Fisch. Chud is one of the better offensive minds out there 

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 10:48 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:They're probably comparable. I'm not calling for a Gus Bradley firing right now. That would be just as dumb as the Browns for firing Chud. 

But at this point Chud would indeed make for an upgrade at OC from Fisch. Chud is one of the better offensive minds out there 

You will start the whispers if Chud (or your flavor of the week OC) isnt brought here, book it!

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:You will start the whispers if Chud (or your flavor of the week OC) isnt brought here, book it!

I'll start the whispers if, when this thing appears not headed to turn around/ win. 

Contrary to what you might believe, the jury is still out on this regime.