Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chudzinski to be fired

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...h-turnover

Hopefully, Alex Mack is among the unquoted alienated players, he refuses to re-sign with Cleveland, he hits the free agent market and signs with us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Typical Browns

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...h-turnover

Hopefully, Alex Mack is among the unquoted alienated players, he refuses to re-sign with Cleveland, he hits the free agent market and signs with us.

Yep, me too. 

Mack would be a solid addition to rebuilding the interior OL. 

Quote:Yep, me too. 

Mack would be a solid addition to rebuilding the interior OL. 

Signing Alex Mack would be a great start to this already promising offseason.

Mack plus a G to be named later, plus a Bridgewater/Clowney/Barr would immediately and substantially improve the team, to say nothing of other QBs/players.

Quote:Signing Alex Mack would be a great start to this already promising offseason.

Mack plus a G to be named later, plus a Bridgewater/Clowney/Barr would immediately and substantially improve the team, to say nothing of other QBs/players.

I'd just caution you by saying that nothing is promising about this offseason until we actually see some good moves start to play out. With no moves being made yet, labeling this offseason as "promising" is a bit premature, no? I know....I'm cynical. But thats what this franchise and the past 14 years has done to me. 

Quote:I'd just caution you by saying that nothing is promising about this offseason until we actually see some good moves start to play out. With no moves being made yet, labeling this offseason as "promising" is a bit premature, no? I know....I'm cynical. But thats what this franchise and the past 14 years has done to me. 

I say it's promising because the Jaguars actually are in position to draft a game changing player, and that the new rules regarding the salary cap will mandate the Jaguars actually spend money this offseason.

From reports, sounds like there was a rift between chud and the gm/owner.

Chud was given credit for developing Cam Newton, and apparently that is what the Browns want. Weeden and Campbell already reached the ceilings, and Hoyer tore his knee up. Kind of hard to develop that group.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I say it's promising because the Jaguars actually are in position to draft a game changing player, and that the new rules regarding the salary cap will mandate the Jaguars actually spend money this offseason.
I expect it to be a solid off season, and probably the most important in the rebuilding of the franchise. I have confidence that Caldwell will add a lot of new starters/depth to the roster, and we can possibly win 6-8 games next year.

Quote:From reports, sounds like there was a rift between chud and the gm/owner.

Chud was given credit for developing Cam Newton, and apparently that is what the Browns want. Weeden and Campbell already reached the ceilings, and Hoyer tore his knee up. Kind of hard to develop that group.

With a new QB coming to Jax, I'd love to have Chud as part of the developmental process. He's also really good at aiding the development of TE and WR. Look at Cameron and Josh Gordon. 

Quote:With a new QB coming to Jax, I'd love to have Chud as part of the developmental process. He's also really good at aiding the development of TE and WR. Look at Cameron and Josh Gordon.

I doubt Fisch will get the axe. I think he had a decent season considering what he had to work with. I think he deserves another year because I think he can be a creative play designer.

I wouldn't be opposed to either Chud or Norv Turner. It is very important to have the right QB coach/offensive coordinator in place to develop a rookie QB. Hope Fisch is that guy, because we will need some stability at that position.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 02:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I doubt Fisch will get the axe. I think he had a decent season considering what he had to work with. I think he deserves another year because I think he can be a creative play designer.

I wouldn't be opposed to either Chud or Norv Turner. It is very important to have the right QB coach/offensive coordinator in place to develop a rookie QB. Hope Fisch is that guy, because we will need some stability at that position.

I doubt Fisch will get the axe either, even though he should with upgrades being available. 

I don't understand the line of thinking that claims Fisch had a decent season. The Jags offense ranked close to if not last in everything. 

Yet, they weren't exactly totally devoid of talent. Bring up Henne all you want but I remember OC's doing fairly well with Derek friggin Anderson and Jake Delhomme, and they both aren't all that better than Henne. 

Both Coordinators should be held accountable for 240 total points scored and 450 given up as season totals. Thats flat out embarrassing numbers. 

weeden and Campbell....guy never had a chance.

Quote:I doubt Fisch will get the axe either, even though he should with upgrades being available. 

I don't understand the line of thinking that claims Fisch had a decent season. The Jags offense ranked close to if not last in everything. 

Yet, they weren't exactly totally devoid of talent. Bring up Henne all you want but I remember OC's doing fairly well with Derek friggin Anderson and Jake Delhomme, and they both aren't all that better than Henne. 

Both Coordinators should be held accountable for 240 total points scored and 450 given up as season totals. Thats flat out embarrassing numbers. 

I think the team was so devoid of talent on both sides of the ball, these results were inevitable.

I was initially horrified by Fisch's playcalling, but as the players grew more familiar with the offense and the schedule eased up, the team as a whole performed better-even without Blackmon.  Upgrade QB and the OL, and bring in Blackmon for more than a handful of games, and I think Fisch will be okay.

I'm less concerned about the defensive coaching at this point.  Like the offense, it desperately needs an infusion of game changing talent.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think the team was so devoid of talent on both sides of the ball, these results were inevitable.

I was initially horrified by Fisch's playcalling, but as the players grew more familiar with the offense and the schedule eased up, the team as a whole performed better-even without Blackmon.  Upgrade QB and the OL, and bring in Blackmon for more than a handful of games, and I think Fisch will be okay.

I'm less concerned about the defensive coaching at this point.  Like the offense, it desperately needs an infusion of game changing talent.

I'm not going to disagree that talent doesn't need to be added, but we disagree that the talent was so devoid that the results of 240 points totaled on offense and 450 points given up on D were "inevitable". I think better Coordinators could have overseen an offense/ defense that totaled over 300 scored and under 400 points given up as conservative estimates. 

The Jags point differential this season was inexcusable. 

Supposedly they are targeting Josh McDaniels.    ...eeessshh.  If there is such a thing as the OPPOSITE of a "player's coach," it's that guy.  As bad as the Jags have been, no reporter has ever referred to our owner, coach and GM as the 3 Stooges in a press conference.  Cleveland has that goin' for 'em.  :thumbsup:

Only a chump boos the home team!

I predict that if we sign Alex Mack, TMD will complain that we gave him too much money.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I predict that if we sign Alex Mack, TMD will complain that we gave him too much money.

Why? When have I ever complained about spending money on legit top players? 

I have only complained when they overpay average type players. 

Quote:Why? When have I ever complained about spending money on legit top players? 

I have only complained when they overpay average type players. 

Good, I hope you don't.  Getting legit top players will require us to overspend, but I'm OK with it, as long as it is a legit guy that can produce and become one of our better players.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 11:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Good, I hope you don't.  Getting legit top players will require us to overspend, but I'm OK with it, as long as it is a legit guy that can produce and become one of our better players.

This is such a misconception. I have never had a problem spending or overspending for top players. I have said this on numerous occasions and given examples. 

I have had a problem overspending in the past for average players such as Tony Pashos, Clint Session, Dewan Landry, even Poz. Porter and Lemon. and of course, Marcedes. 

Mack is considered one of the better players at his position. I'd never complain for overspending to get someone like that. 

if fisch is indeed in a 1 year deal i hope we replace him with chud only if mack comes with the package, then we draft Carr and Davante Adams. Boom!