Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne Retained To Mentor Rookie Draft Pick?

Quote:Similar to my thoughts.

If he were a 40 year old Mark Brunell with no illusions of still being a starting QB and had actually shown success and drive in his career that'd be one thing, but Henne is just Gabbert in a few years. No need to keep Gabbert, no need to keep Henne. Time for a fresh start.

Wrong, you want him to push the rookie but accept the role without drama; just like he did this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can't think of anyone better.  Henne knows the play book and is a solid backup QB.  He's sucked the last two games because he had no weapons down field.  No QB could have thrived with as little to work with as him.   

That, plus he just flat out stinks as a starting QB.  But with that said, it doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good veteran presence for a rookie to work with.  

Quote:Wrong, you want him to push the rookie but accept the role without drama; just like he did this year.

I don't see a guy like Henne pushing anyone.

If he's pushing the guy the Jaguars selected it means the Jaguars made a bad selection.

Quote:I don't see a guy like Henne pushing anyone.

If he's pushing the guy the Jaguars selected it means the Jaguars made a bad selection.

We're getting a rookie, he's going to have to adjust. I could see a bridge guy to start 6 games or so to prevent Gabbertization.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:We're getting a rookie, he's going to have to adjust. I could see a bridge guy to start 6 games or so to prevent Gabbertization.

If it's a first round rookie I expect he'll be able to start from the beginning. If he's a later round guy then okay.

I'd personally rather have a different guy than Henne to be the "bridge". I've seen enough of Henne. He needs to be on the first bus out of town on the seat behind Gabbert.

"Do everything opposite of what I do, and you'll have a great career, kid."

Chad Henne
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:We're getting a rookie, he's going to have to adjust. I could see a bridge guy to start 6 games or so to prevent Gabbertization.

Gabbertization has been nominated as a term for induction in the 2013 Websters dictionary.  I think it's already in urbandictionary.com

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2013, 08:56 PM by jag86fan.)

Grossman, Hasselbeck,...Henne is a horrible mentor. It helps if you've actually had success. I'd rather have a QB that could actually manage a game, and maybe even win a game. Not throw the game losing INT more often than not. How do you learn from a guy like that?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

No.  He is a waste of time.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

henne wont mentor anyone he still thinks he is better then tom brady, hes packing his boxes tomorrow

But he wasn't the backup. He was the starting QB, and he was terrible, especially at crunch time...Who wants a crap QB as your backup QB?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

Quote:Grossman, Hasselbeck,...Henne is a horrible mentor. It helps if you've actually had success. I'd rather have a QB that could actually manage a game, and maybe even win a game. Not throw the game losing INT more often than not. How do you learn from a guy like that?

Sounds all good and well.

Now which guy like that is available this year, without having to pay him top dollar for a backup role?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote: 

Kill Gabbert! 

Right! 
You have issues man. Serious issues.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

So pay him top dollar for a backup QB...It's not like you're paying him top dollar for a 1st string QB. Although all it takes is one hard hit and he could be the starting QB...Henne will never be more than a less than mediocre backup...

;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

The best "mentor" would be Hasselbeck, but he won't come for cheap.

Who the heck wants a brand new, fresh out of college, top draft pick, quarterback to be mentored by Henne? So he can learn to throw the ball at the feet of a receiver 6 yards down the field? Let the QB coach mold him while Henne tries to make a roster spot in Cleveland.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

His mentoring sure helped Blaine.

Unlike most here, I like the move. Henne made the most of his chances. He won four games with a GUTTED roster, and won all those games with a ton of backups to many of the decent players that were left on a barren roster. He did a respectable job.

I, for one, think he would do a better job than most give him any credit for, once we get some decent talent around him.

That, and it's really fun to watch the bibbers cry. :devil:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Dakota I will agree to disagree.   CAUSE i remember last year the attitude chad had over being the starter.    How you think that effects the locker room when he is no longer the starter for a young guy?    I say cut ties grab a qb and lets roll.    

The rookie wont learn on the bench.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Dakota I will agree to disagree.   CAUSE i remember last year the attitude chad had over being the starter.    How you think that effects the locker room when he is no longer the starter for a young guy?    I say cut ties grab a qb and lets roll.    

The rookie wont learn on the bench.
Refresh my memory. What attitude was that? I don't recall any problems.