Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne Retained To Mentor Rookie Draft Pick?

He sure did.  Him and Malarkey both had attitudes.    I just dont have the energy to find the video.  i work to death.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He sure did.  Him and Malarkey both had attitudes.    I just dont have the energy to find the video.  i work to death.
I just don't remember that. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I have no recollection of it.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Henne as a mentor? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I personally wouldn't want Henne mentoring any quarterback we have.

Quote:Henne as a mentor? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Seriously...hopefully its not to help him with the rookies accuracy.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Quote:We're getting a rookie, he's going to have to adjust. I could see a bridge guy to start 6 games or so to prevent Gabbertization.

If he's the number 3 pick, he'd better be starting day 1. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:If he's the number 3 pick, he'd better be starting day 1. 
Next year reality is going to kick you all in the face when Henne steps out there on opening day as our QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 02:30 AM by Jungle Cat.)

As comical as it is...the Jaguars are reportedly going to shop Gabbert before they release him then keep Henne with the "understanding" he is not to try too as hard as he has to win the starting QB job. They want to re-sign him to mentor a future quarterback...likely yet another high first round draft pick.

That's our collective brain-trust at work!

Here's the point we all need to ponder....

There's been nothing this season to suggest the team is heading to a much better future. In fact, the biggest failure for Gus Bradley is Blaine Gabbert.  His number one mission was to develop Gabbert as the team's franchise quarterback.

This means that David Caldwell has also failed miserably. After all, he clearly made it well known he also in the quarterback developmental loop.

The fact that the Jaguars are throwing Blaine Gabbert down the stairs is a perfect indicator that Sideshow Khan should think really hard about making another coaching/GM change.

Bradley has already proven he is incompetent to the point of epic level. Caldwell is vastly incompetent. His failures are already piling up.

I see no reason at all why Bradley should be given a second shot at developing an franchise quarterback. He knows nothing about being a head coach. He knows nothing about developing quarterbacks.

I see no reason for Shad Khan to keep Caldwell around either.

They both failed miserably in their mission to develop Blaine Gabbert as the franchise quarterback.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote: 

This means that David Caldwell has also failed miserably.

Khan should think really hard about making another coaching/GM change.

Caldwell is vastly incompetent. His failures are already piling up.

I see no reason at all why Bradley should be given a second shot at developing an franchise quarterback.

They both failed miserably in their mission to develop Blaine Gabbert as the franchise quarterback.

LOL. I can't decide which you are failing at the worst. Conspiracy theorist or troll.  You can't seem to do either properly. 

Quote:As comical as it is...the Jaguars are reportedly going to shop Gabbert before they release him then keep Henne with the "understanding" he is not to try too as hard as he has to win the starting QB job. They want to re-sign him to mentor a future quarterback...likely yet another high first round draft pick.

There's been nothing this season to suggest the team is heading to a much better future. In fact, the biggest failure for Gus Bradley is Blaine Gabbert.  His number one mission was to develop Gabbert as the team's franchise quarterback.

This means that David Caldwell has also failed miserably. After all, he clearly made it well known he also in the quarterback developmental loop.

The fact that the Jaguars are throwing Blaine Gabbert down the stairs is a perfect indicator that Sideshow Khan should think really hard about making another coaching/GM change.

Bradley has already proven he is incompetent to the point of epic level. Caldwell is vastly incompetent. His failures are already piling up.

I see no reason at all why Bradley should be given a second shot at developing an franchise quarterback. He knows nothing about being a head coach. He knows nothing about developing quarterbacks.

LOL

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

texans twice, tennessee once and the browns...Henne beat two of the worst teams in the NFL for 3 of his wins.

I'll give you the brownies game, though.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Just no.  The only reason Henne should be around a 1st round pick is to give him his water and carry his pads.

Quote:texans twice, tennessee once and the browns...Henne beat two of the worst teams in the NFL for 3 of his wins.

I'll give you the brownies game, though.

The Browns were 4-12. Technically the titans were the most successful team we beat, and they got two of their wins against the texans.

Personally I didn't see anything in any of the "wins" this season to lead me to believe we wouldn't be better served with any of a number of guys who will be free agents than Henne.

They will probably clean house at QB. Draft two maybe sign a guy

Quote:They will probably clean house at QB. Draft two maybe sign a guy
Why would you get rid of someone that your already paying a very little to, that knows the offense and can play. No reason to get rid of BG until you see what you have during the preseason. Even if we get a High profile QB in the draft there is no gaurentee he will come in and be ready to start.

Quote:As comical as it is...the Jaguars are reportedly going to shop Gabbert before they release him then keep Henne with the "understanding" he is not to try too as hard as he has to win the starting QB job. They want to re-sign him to mentor a future quarterback...likely yet another high first round draft pick.

trollol

Henne would be retained in case of severe emergency (Rookie QB injury or Rookie QB flaming bust play for multiple weeks) and other than that i dont want him coming within 10 feet of our Rookie QB.

In fact i hope the QB coach and Fisch have meetings with the rookie on the side and show some Henne tape just to point out what not to do in certain situations.

Quote:Henne would be retained in case of severe emergency (Rookie QB injury or Rookie QB flaming bust play for multiple weeks) and other than that i dont want him coming within 10 feet of our Rookie QB.

In fact i hope the QB coach and Fisch have meetings with the rookie on the side and show some Henne tape just to point out what not to do in certain situations.

I don't see any reason to retain him for this.

A guy signed off the street could do what Henne does. Remember Todd Bouman?

We got higher quality play out of Bouman, and he was getting off a tractor and flying down on a Friday afternoon to start on Sunday.

We've really been shellshocked around here to start believing the kind of play we've been seeing around here is worthy of anything other than a pinkslip and a pat on the back on the way out the door.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 11:48 AM by jag86fan.)

This...Bouman scored the first Jag TD in what, 3 games? Maybe our biggest problem at QB has been our coaching staffs...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

I can't decide if this whole thread is mostly dumb posts done knowingly or done mostly by dumb people.

Veteran QBs don't "mentor" young QBs, other than to recommend good restaurants. Why should they?

And how come you quarterback coaches never state who you want as a backup? Because it would be someone like Chad Henne?

Did someone mention Rex Grossman? Really?

I wouldn't mind Henne coming back, if for nothing more than irritating the heck out of some of you guys.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.