Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne Retained To Mentor Rookie Draft Pick?

I have no problem with Henne being retained to mentor the rookie QB we draft.. I'm sure Henne knows the in's and out's fairly well in the NFL as a QB, so he should be a great mentor.. Now, just because Henne "knows" what to do, doesn't mean he can.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I have no problem with Henne being retained to mentor the rookie QB we draft.. I'm sure Henne knows the in's and out's fairly well in the NFL as a QB, so he should be a great mentor.. Now, just because Henne "knows" what to do, doesn't mean he can.. 

I don't want him to be a mentor, rather simply be a safety net.  Not a great one, but better to have one than none at all.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Caldwell can't guarantee drafting QB. Says one of number of areas must improve, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a>. Says he'd pass at three if there's not one worthy.

David Caldwell said he anticipates TE Marcedes Lewis and LB Paul Posluszny returning. Says chance QB Chad Henne resigns

Caldwell says team told QB Blaine Gabbert the team wants him back. Caldwell says no downside in keeping him. Under contract.

Caldwell says at the very least Gabbert is a very good backup. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a>

Anyone else feeling a little sick right now? Sick

Quote:Caldwell can't guarantee drafting QB. Says one of number of areas must improve, #<b>Jaguars</b>. Says he'd pass at three if there's not one worthy.

David Caldwell said he anticipates TE Marcedes Lewis and LB Paul Posluszny returning. Says chance QB Chad Henne resigns

Caldwell says team told QB Blaine Gabbert the team wants him back. Caldwell says no downside in keeping him. Under contract.

Caldwell says at the very least Gabbert is a very good backup. #<b>Jaguars</b>

Waiting for the Winston, Mariotta, draft class?

Quote:Caldwell can't guarantee drafting QB. Says one of number of areas must improve, #<b>Jaguars</b>. Says he'd pass at three if there's not one worthy.

not really kinda what i said would happen, all except henne part. Im pretty sure henne made 3 mil this year im not sure they would want him back at that same amount maybe if he takes a pay cut they would resign him but i would be happy just to see him go.

So all throughout the summer you were on the Gabbert starting bandwagon and now he's not even worth being a backup?

Quote:So all throughout the summer you were on the Gabbert starting bandwagon and now he's not even worth being a backup?
thats because he changes his mind as much as The Angy Puppy does.

Quote:So all throughout the summer you were on the Gabbert starting bandwagon and now he's not even worth being a backup?

I've seen enough of Gabbert. I've seen enough of Henne. Time for some new guys.

Hearing Caldwell say the status quo is good enough for him going into next season isn't what I was hoping to hear. I hope he's just playing poker.

Quote:I've seen enough of Gabbert. I've seen enough of Henne. Time for some new guys.

Hearing Caldwell say the status quo is good enough for him going into next season isn't what I was hoping to hear. I hope he's just playing poker.
How have you seen enough of Gabbert he played 11 quarters this year henne actuall has more playing time the past 2 years then Gabbert. he just turned 24 this will be his 2nd year with the same system in place with the same coaches if all of yall were right and he was a bust and worthless like you all think, Caldwell would not keep him. Am just glad yall aint running the team and smarter ppl are. 

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 11:04 AM by roycee.)

Quote:I've seen enough of Gabbert. I've seen enough of Henne. Time for some new guys.

It's just crazy how you went from saying Gabbert and franchise QB in the same sentence to him not being good enough to be a backup.

Quote:How have you seen enough of Gabbert he played 11 quarters this year henne actuall has more playing time the past 2 years then Gabbert. he just turned 24 this will be his 2nd year with the same system in place with the same coaches if all of yall were right and he was a bust and worthless like you all think, Caldwell would not keep him. Am just glad yall aint running the team and smarter ppl are. 

If it were just "we'll let Gabbert play out his contract and find someone new in free agency and someone new in the draft" that would be okay. If it were "we might bring Henne back after he's gotten no bites in free agency and is ready to sign for the vet minimum" that might be okay, too.

The fact that he said the plan was to possibly resign Henne even before free agency starts isn't good. Adding to that the wishy washy tone regarding the draft and it sounds like we'll be watching another year of Henne and Gabbert.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 11:15 AM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:If it were just "we'll let Gabbert play out his contract and find someone new in free agency and someone new in the draft" that would be okay. If it were "we might bring Henne back after he's gotten no bites in free agency and is ready to sign for the vet minimum" that might be okay, too.

The fact that he said the plan was to possibly resign Henne even before free agency starts isn't good. Adding to that the wishy washy tone regarding the draft and it sounds like we'll be watching another year of Henne and Gabbert.
His tone actually sounds like if Bridgewater is gone he doesnt think any one else in the draft is better then what he has or he does not think they would be franchise material. It also could be that he is smart enough to know he needs to build a core before throwing another rookiee into the fire, OL DL LB build a solid team then get your franchise QB.

Quote:If it were just "we'll let Gabbert play out his contract and find someone new in free agency and someone new in the draft" that would be okay. If it were "we might bring Henne back after he's gotten no bites in free agency and is ready to sign for the vet minimum" that might be okay, too.

Do you always take things said by a GM so literally? He's a GM, get used to it.

It appears you are heading down the TMD road - that Caldwell isn't meeting your lofty standards for doing what he should be doing and saying what he should be saying.

I'm sure you'll keep us up to date on how good he is at toeing the line.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:His tone actually sounds like if Bridgewater is gone he doesnt think any one else in the draft is better then what he has or he does not think they would be franchise material. It also could be that he is smart enough to know he needs to build a core before throwing another rookiee into the fire, OL DL LB build a solid team then get your franchise QB.
Like Seattle? They kinda already had all their pieces, even depth on the oline, before getting Wilson, in the 3rd.

I still think its likely he drafts a kid, just less likely in the first.

Maybe even waiting until the 3rd to take a flyer on a kid.

QBs are like pass rushers now... you can't really have too many of them lol

Can we change the thread title to Gabbert to mentor the rookie now? 

Quote:Like Seattle? They kinda already had all their pieces, even depth on the oline, before getting Wilson, in the 3rd.

I still think its likely he drafts a kid, just less likely in the first.

Maybe even waiting until the 3rd to take a flyer on a kid.

QBs are like pass rushers now... you can't really have too many of them lol

Can we change the thread title to Gabbert to mentor the rookie now? 
Although im a BG fan, that is funny Gabbert metor rookie, thats kinda oxymoron or somting i LOL at it.

Quote:Although im a BG fan, that is funny Gabbert metor rookie, thats kinda oxymoron or somting i LOL at it.

Normally I post something of this quality around midnight after a round or seven, but you did it at 10:30! I tip my hat to you sir!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Normally I post something of this quality around midnight after a round or seven, but you did it at 10:30! I tip my hat to you sir!
Well, it is NewYears Eve isnt it? :teehee:

Quote:Next year reality is going to kick you all in the face when Henne steps out there on opening day as our QB.

Has it kicked you in the face hard enough yet, guys?

Reading back through this thread made my head hurt.

Quote:WUT?

If they went with Blake Bortles they wouldnt cut Chad Henne because he knows the playbook and isnt horrible enough to cut who else is going to be your backup no one else is on the roster...