Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First thing gus should do is fire Fisch

Quote:Guarantee you if some other team/coach won 4 games like the Jags did, with the same players, in the same exact fashion... TMD would call them great for overachieving like that.
This would be particularly true if it was a coach TMD has a poster of on the ceiling in his mom's basement. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Guarantee you if some other team/coach won 4 games like the Jags did, with the same players, in the same exact fashion... TMD would call them great for overachieving like that.

It's just his old, tired act. He's been doing the same thing for how many years now? I am surprised the mods continue to let him shat on almost every thread on this board.

;

;

That's just firing someone for the heck of it. The team went 4-12. By this logic, everyone should be fired.

But guess what? None of them will, because this is the first year of a rebuild. We'll see where things go, but I'm very optimistic about these guys.

Quote:That's just firing someone for the heck of it. The team went 4-12. By this logic, everyone should be fired.

But guess what? None of them will, because this is the first year of a rebuild. We'll see where things go, but I'm very optimistic about these guys.
Cooler heads prevail, luckily.

So what's the latest on the firing of Jedd "D-E-D Dead" Fisch?

We can't possibly see any positives in keeping him. How can Caldwell ignore the offensive coordinator talent out there since all the head coaches were fired?

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:So what's the latest on the firing of Jedd "D-E-D Dead" Fisch?

We can't possibly see any positives in keeping him. How can Caldwell ignore the offensive coordinator talent out there since all the head coaches were fired?
The latest is he's not getting fired and you'll have to find something else to stoke.

Quote:That's just firing someone for the heck of it. The team went 4-12. By this logic, everyone should be fired.

The Jags scored the least amount of points in the entire league. And don't have "worst in the league" offensive personnel.

It wouldn't have been firing someone "for the heck of it"

Oh well, Dave/ Gus said they are sticking with Fisch so time will tell if this was a mistake or not. 

Quote:The Jags scored the least amount of points in the entire league. And don't have "worst in the league" offensive personnel.

It wouldn't have been firing someone "for the heck of it"

Oh well, Dave/ Gus said they are sticking with Fisch so time will tell if this was a mistake or not. 

What team is worse? 

Quote:What team is worse? 

One thing for sure,  this was a very challenging season for the Jaguars Offensive Coaches.   The team lost pick # 2 in the draft relatively early in the season to an ankle injury.   The other starting Offensive Tackle was traded in early October.   The Center was nearing the end of a long career.  One of the Guard spots was problematic.   The QB situation speaks for itself.   The # 1 WR was suspended the vast majority of the season.   The # 1 RB was coming off a major injury.  The # 1 TE had his own injury issues.   The # 2 WR was unable to complete the season.    While every team deals with adversity,   Gus Bradley and his Offensive Staff had more than their share.

Quote:One thing for sure,  this was a very challenging season for the Jaguars Offensive Coaches.   The team lost pick # 2 in the draft relatively early in the season to an ankle injury.   The other starting Offensive Tackle was traded in early October.   The Center was nearing the end of a long career.  One of the Guard spots was problematic.   The QB situation speaks for itself.   The # 1 WR was suspended the vast majority of the season.   The # 1 RB was coming off a major injury.  The # 1 TE had his own injury issues.   The # 2 WR was unable to complete the season.    While every team deals with adversity,   Gus Bradley and his Offensive Staff had more than their share.

With all due respect, according to TMD, these are all just excuses.  The offense should have shown significant improvement regardless of the challenges they faced.  Otherwise, the coach / coordinator should be fired.  Continuity is highly overrated.  Developing a system is irrelevant.  Missing major pieces of the puzzle is just excuses. You've been here long enough to know the drill, David.  :thumbsup:

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

crickets...

Quote:With all due respect, according to TMD, these are all just excuses.  The offense should have shown significant improvement regardless of the challenges they faced.  Otherwise, the coach / coordinator should be fired.  Continuity is highly overrated.  Developing a system is irrelevant.  Missing major pieces of the puzzle is just excuses. You've been here long enough to know the drill, David.  :thumbsup:

For those that criticize the Jaguars Offensive and/ or Coaches in general for what transpired this season,  I'm not sure what they realistically expected.   But considering that the Texans and Browns both fired their respective Head Coach in significant part because of what Gus Bradley and his staff accomplished this season,   there's no question that the Jaguars Coaching Staff are earning plenty of positive recognition around the league.   Not to mention Seahawks Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn earned HC interviews with the Browns and Vikings,  in large part because of Bradley's success in year # 1 as Jaguars HC.

Quote:crickets...
Give him time.  He's desperately scouring stats he can use to show the team didn't have the worst offense.  It's like the time he tried to convince everyone David Garrard was an elite QB because he had a good QB rating after the 2007 season.

Quote:   For those that criticize the Jaguars Offensive and/ or Coaches in general for what transpired this season,  I'm not sure what they realistically expected.   But considering that the Texans and Browns both fired their respective Head Coach in significant part because of what Gus Bradley and his staff accomplished this season,   there's no question that the Jaguars Coaching Staff are earning plenty of positive recognition around the league.   Not to mention Seahawks Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn earned HC interviews with the Browns and Vikings,  in large part because of Bradley's success in year # 1 as Jaguars HC.
Shhhhhh dont tell The Angry Puppy that. He will claim its all lies and its bad coordinators fault. :teehee:

The Jets have worse offensive personnel than we do

So Fisch (arguably)  had better tools to work with than a whopping one team but the low points scored is his fault. 

OK.  

Quote:The Jets have worse offensive personnel than we do

they have Multiple pro bowl lineman, 2 above above average RBs. QBs are a wash, the only position were better at is TE(and marcedes missed half the year) and MAYBE WR. So try again.

Quote:The Jets have worse offensive personnel than we do

I'll give you that Henne is less bad than Smith.

I'll give you that Justin Blackmon (for the whole 4 games he was active) is the best offensive player on either team, and that overall we have better WRs.

But aside from that, they have way better RBs, a way better OL and better TEs which they used to great effect because they had a defense that could keep them in a game.

They were basically the Jack Del Rio era Jaguars. Does this mean Ryan is a bad coach or a good coach? I forget what the bizarre drunken point you were making is.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I'll give you that Henne is less bad than Smith.

I'll give you that Justin Blackmon (for the whole 4 games he was active) is the best offensive player on either team, and that overall we have better WRs.

But aside from that, they have way better RBs, a way better OL and better TEs which they used to great effect because they had a defense that could keep them in a game.

They were basically the Jack Del Rio era Jaguars. Does this mean Ryan is a bad coach or a good coach? I forget what the bizarre drunken point you were making is.

way better RB?? I disagree. We just underutilized Todman. He and Mojo with more of a split down the middle for carries would have saw better results. 

Wait, so the Jets have better TE's?? I thought Marcedes was the man? You all want to keep him for next year despite the high salary, but now you are trying to say that the Jets have better TE?? lol....

The Jags have better offensive personnel than the Jets do. At least at the skill positions. 

Quote:way better RB?? I disagree. We just underutilized Todman. He and Mojo with more of a split down the middle for carries would have saw better results. 

Wait, so the Jets have better TE's?? I thought Marcedes was the man? You all want to keep him for next year despite the high salary, but now you are trying to say that the Jets have better TE?? lol....

The Jags have better offensive personnel than the Jets do. At least at the skill positions. 

On no planet are our RBs anywhere near theirs, same goes for the OL. Powel and Ivory both averaged over 4 yards a carry each not to mention a boat load more TDs. Given that Todman averaged the exact same YPC (a whopping 3.4) as MJD I'm not sure what you think would have been different if he had carried the load. But then I (and Jedd Fisch) are not the offensive gurus you are.

Had Marcedes played the whole season, it would have been different, but seeing at our TEs for a large part of the year were Clay freaking Harbor and Allen freaking Reisner. Looking up the stats we actually got pretty similar production through the year which given how bad their QB was is quite impressive. Either way, if one group is better than the other, its hardly by a significant amount.

I'm still not sure what was the point you were making was?

Is Ryan a great coach for stealing Jack Del Rio's playbook? Or are the NY Jets who were marginally less bad than we were on statistically on offense the standard to which we should be judging ourselves?

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.