Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First thing gus should do is fire Fisch

Quote:On no planet are our RBs anywhere near theirs, same goes for the OL. Powel and Ivory both averaged over 4 yards a carry each not to mention a boat load more TDs. Given that Todman averaged the exact same YPC (a whopping 3.4) as MJD I'm not sure what you think would have been different if he had carried the load. But then I (and Jedd Fisch) are not the offensive gurus you are.

Had Marcedes played the whole season, it would have been different, but seeing at our TEs for a large part of the year were Clay freaking Harbor and Allen freaking Reisner. Looking up the stats we actually got pretty similar production through the year which given how bad their QB was is quite impressive. Either way, if one group is better than the other, its hardly by a significant amount.

I'm still not sure what was the point you were making was?

Is Ryan a great coach for stealing Jack Del Rio's playbook? Or are the NY Jets who were marginally less bad than we were on statistically on offense the standard to which we should be judging ourselves?

Bilal Powell and Ivory are not a better tandem than MoJo and Todman. Even this aged MoJo. 

Our RB had low ypc partially because of the OL situation and the new stupid ZBS that I hate. 

Ryan actually is a decent head coach. I'll say this he constantly gets his teams to overachieve, recordwise. His roster has been "meh" overall since he's been there due to a weak GM's. Ryan also however, would do well improving his OC and staying the hell out of the offense and just focusing on the defense. None of the Ryan family seems to know offense, not their father or Rex,

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So the Jets finish 6th in the league in rushing.  The Jags finish 31st.   But the Jags have better backs.  Its all on the ZBS and Fisch.  

OK. 

Quote:LOL... at least Koetter lead the league in something...  http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_...rder/false

As always, thanks for the chuckle.

This thread has become pure pwnage.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Bilal Powell and Ivory are not a better tandem than MoJo and Todman. Even this aged MoJo. 

Our RB had low ypc partially because of the OL situation and the new stupid ZBS that I hate. 

Ryan actually is a decent head coach. I'll say this he constantly gets his teams to overachieve, recordwise. His roster has been "meh" overall since he's been there due to a weak GM's. Ryan also however, would do well improving his OC and staying the hell out of the offense and just focusing on the defense. None of the Ryan family seems to know offense, not their father or Rex,

Our RBs had a much lower YPC (and way fewer TDs and way fewer 20 yard+ plays) because one of them is old and done and the other just isnt that good.

Just so we are clear, more importantly, Rex, 'play defense and run the ball like the 2005 Jaguars' Ryan is a good HC? Somewhere in Colorado a caveman is smiling.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Our RBs had a much lower YPC (and way fewer TDs and way fewer 20 yard+ plays) because one of them is old and done and the other just isnt that good.

Just so we are clear, more importantly, Rex, 'play defense and run the ball like the 2005 Jaguars' Ryan is a good HC? Somewhere in Colorado a caveman is smiling.

Apparently you can't read. I clearly took a shot at Rex offense-wise, but did give him credit with generally overachieving recordwise, given his personnel over the years. Caveman never overachieved recordwise here. 

TMD.

You cited the Vikings get a pat on the back for exceeding expectations against the Eagles.

Does it not matter that they dropped all the way down to the 8th overall pick? If we were screwed because we couldn't get our franchise QB at #3, then they should be really screwed at #8, because they need a QB too.

Quote:way better RB?? I disagree. We just underutilized Todman. He and Mojo with more of a split down the middle for carries would have saw better results. 

Wait, so the Jets have better TE's?? I thought Marcedes was the man? You all want to keep him for next year despite the high salary, but now you are trying to say that the Jets have better TE?? lol....

The Jags have better offensive personnel than the Jets do. At least at the skill positions. 

We under-utilized Todman?  I wonder how many games you actually watched.  Todman, while he had some runs where he showed his speed was generally gobbled up in the wash when running up the middle.  On his runs to the outside he rarely had a huge gain never really breaking off a big run.  Sometimes I think he's not following his blocks well enough.  Either way, he wasn't productive at all--partly because of the line, partly because he needs to get much better to be a featured back.  

Also, in terms of MJD, I remember clearly you saying how much hot garbage MJD had become....  I  guess that comment on MJD's suck-osity is only pertinent when it fits your needs?  Now he's better the Jet's RB?  Uh-uh, you don't get a pass when discussing MJD now...

As for the WR's as a corps, the only true stand out we had over the Jets was Cecil Shorts...  I'm disallowing Blackmon as a WR cuz he only played like 3 games.  The rest of our WR's were rookies and practice squad guys.  You can't possibly think our corps was better than the Jets.  If you look that the vets on the Jets versus the stuff we had to deal with, I think our OC out coached thier OC in terms of getting the best out of the talent on hand.

Sorry, but you're anlaysis doesn't hold water.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:We under-utilized Todman?  I wonder how many games you actually watched.  

I'm disallowing Blackmon as a WR cuz he only played like 3 games.  

Sorry, but you're (sic) anlaysis doesn't hold water.

:ermm: :woot: Laughing

Quote:Sorry, but you're analysis doesn't hold water.

Never has, never will.

Always tale chasing.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The Jags scored the least amount of points in the entire league. And don't have "worst in the league" offensive personnel.

It wouldn't have been firing someone "for the heck of it"

Oh well, Dave/ Gus said they are sticking with Fisch so time will tell if this was a mistake or not. 

My point was that the team was horrible overall, and if any one coach on this team deserved to be fired, all deserved to be fired. 

That won't happen because the Jags want to give Fisch and the rest of the staff a second chance, which is fair, IMO.  

Quote:My point was that the team was horrible overall, and if any one coach on this team deserved to be fired, all deserved to be fired. 

That won't happen because the Jags want to give Fisch and the rest of the staff a second chance, which is fair, IMO.  

Even Jimmy Johnson didn't keep his initial OC that long. 

You stay with bad subordinates and they'll bring u down! :yes: 

This is a very young team.  It is not smart to make these young guys learn a whole new system.  The offense was showing some good stuff at times.  I want to see what these coordinators can do with some maturity and talent on the team.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think TMD might have blocked me. Someone should ask him about his take on:

-The Jaguars blew it by winning games and getting the 3rd pick.

-The Vikings, though, get a pat on the back for "over-achieving" in a meaningless game.

It makes zero sense to me. Even less sense than most of his takes. I'm intrigued.

Quote:I think TMD might have blocked me. Someone should ask him about his take on:

-The Jaguars blew it by winning games and getting the 3rd pick.

-The Vikings, though, get a pat on the back for "over-achieving" in a meaningless game.

It makes zero sense to me. Even less sense than most of his takes. I'm intrigued.
I doubt he blocked you.  He tends to ignore posts that illustrate his hypocrisy.   Face it folks, the guy ISN'T a fan of the Jaguars.  He is just a troll who has found a forum that gives him the attention he craves.   Its pathetic but it is what it is.

To be fair, the Vikings did beat a good team.. something the Jaguars didn't do this year.  All of our wins have been against the bottom feeders. 

The Vikings playing well against a playoff team deserves some credit.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:To be fair, the Vikings did beat a good team.. something the Jaguars didn't do this year.  All of our wins have been against the bottom feeders. 

The Vikings playing well against a playoff team deserves some credit.

<crickets>

TMD, please list your top-5 OC and DC candidates.

Quote:My point was that the team was horrible overall, and if any one coach on this team deserved to be fired, all deserved to be fired. 

Second chance? Year two is still part of the first chance. NO ONE in Jags headquarters is panicking because of how this season went.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:TMD, please list your top-5 OC and DC candidates.

I'm sure this is another loaded question, but what the hey, I'll bite, I'll even go beyond top 5....

I like these OC: 

Josh McDaniels

Jay Gruden

Norv Turner

Ken Whisenhunt

Aaron Kromer

Dirk Koetter

Darrell Bevell

Greg Roman

I like these DC: 

Mike Zimmer

Ray Horton

Dick LeBeau

Wade Phillips

Jerry Gray

Todd Bowles

Vic Fangio

Rob Ryan

Perry Fewell

Leslie Frazier

Quote:I'm sure this is another loaded question, but what the hey, I'll bite, I'll even go beyond top 5....

I like these OC: 

Josh McDaniels

Jay Gruden

Norv Turner

Ken Whisenhunt

Aaron Kromer

Dirk Koetter

Darrell Bevell

Greg Roman

I like these DC: 

Mike Zimmer

Ray Horton

Dick LeBeau

Wade Phillips

Jerry Gray

Todd Bowles

Vic Fangio

Rob Ryan

Perry Fewell

Leslie Frazier

He said "candidates" not "coordinators." Most if not all of those guys weren't coming here last year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato