Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First thing gus should do is fire Fisch

Quote:This is a joke right?

Yes, it actually Is.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:People what is FIsch really working with here? An aging rb, Unknowns at wr besides ROOKIES, 3 back ups starting on the o-line and Henne. Let's not act like they are making this easy for him.

Thank God. I was begging to think I was the only one who saw all those scrubs out there.

The best part is that queen-diva himself will crush the former GM for depleting this team of talent, and then crush the new coaches for losing to a better team, with said depleted talent.

WELP.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2013, 06:30 PM by badger.)

we need good players first and foremost

we have like 4 on the whole team

Quote:I think the Defensive Coordinator is just as bad, yet he gets no criticism. 

...and he was just as bad In Chicago as DC there, so theres a precedent. 

Gus hired a very weak assistant staff with few exceptions. 

So what? We can always fire incompetent coaches.

Just look at what David Caldwell did (er, didn't do)! He actually was stupid enough to keep former GM Gene Smith's loyal scouting department. 

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:So what? We can always fire incompetent coaches.

Just look at what David Caldwell did (er, didn't do)! He actually was stupid enough to keep former GM Gene Smith's loyal scouting department.

Dead Fish is on a one year contract.. Pretty sure him and Gabbert are taking the same Greyhound outta town..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Just look at what David Caldwell did (er, didn't do)! He actually was stupid enough to keep former GM Gene Smith's loyal scouting department.

Oh really?

Might want to do some research before spouting nonsense. He kept them on board up thru the draft (which is what all GMs do upon arrival)...and then subsequently fired them and hired his own guys.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Oh really?

Might want to do some research before spouting nonsense. He kept them on board up thru the draft (which is what all GMs do upon arrival)...and then subsequently fired them and hired his own guys.

Hey, how did that draft turn out?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Oh really?

The scouting department remains much the same as it was. Stuffed suits aren't scouts. They're called execs.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:The scouting department remains much the same as it was. Stuffed suits aren't scouts. They're called execs.

Once again, ignorance is your greatest weapon.

The scouting staff saw significant turnover in some pretty critical areas after the draft.  Even if that wasn't the case, the scouting staff wasn't the problem in Jacksonville.  But again, if you had a clue you'd understand this.  Since you don't, it's a waste of time trying to explain it to you.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Hey, how did that draft turn out?
Hey, don't step on the explosive players taken in the 2013 draft. Noooooo. Don't do that.

What kind of a bomb was it?

The exploding kind.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Once again, ignorance is your greatest weapon.

The scouting staff saw significant turnover in some pretty critical areas after the draft.  Even if that wasn't the case, the scouting staff wasn't the problem in Jacksonville.  But again, if you had a clue you'd understand this.  Since you don't, it's a waste of time trying to explain it to you.
Examine the evidence. The 2013 draft had the exact same characteristics as each of Gene Smith's previous drafts. His fingerprints were on every pick.

Do you want me to rub your nose in this?

Quote:Examine the evidence.
[Image: Princess-bride-image.jpg?resize=300%2C300]

I'll tell you what made my head explode.  3rd and 6.  4 yard pass.  Saw that type of garbage all season long.  Players not plays..  sure..  fine.  Put the bums you have past the 1st down marker.   If they don't make the catch at least have them in position to move the chains.  Drove me NUTS!

Only a chump boos the home team!

Don't be surprised if most of the assistant and position coaches, including the OC, are here again next year...  I know we all want instant gratification when it comes to success and the Jaguars...  But, remember...  We just finished YEAR 1 of a major rebuild...  I honestly feel after reading alot of posts today that many people are forgetting about this fact.

3rd and 4 yard passes when needed 6 is all chad.  Look at the tape of last year the exact same.  Jedd has done some great things with what he had to work with.   HB options.  Center as wide out genius. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Lol @ the idiots who think Fisch is going to/should be fired. There is no possible way to judge Fisch, or his playcalling until we have a Quarterback who can make intermeadiate throws. No way in hell. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Examine the evidence. The 2013 draft had the exact same characteristics as each of Gene Smith's previous drafts. His fingerprints were on every pick.

Do you want me to rub your nose in this?
Where is your evidence? How were his fingerprints on the 2013 draft? 2 totally different drafting philosophies. I'm not surprised, though. You're one of the Jacksonville.com comment junkies.  Laughing

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

So that's what we're doing here? Firing guys after a year after a game with what, three guys who could be considered starters on the field for the offense? Riiiiiiiight.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:I'll tell you what made my head explode. 3rd and 6. 4 yard pass. Saw that type of garbage all season long. Players not plays.. sure.. fine. Put the bums you have past the 1st down marker. If they don't make the catch at least have them in position to move the chains. Drove me NUTS!

Would also really confuse the opposing defense if all WRs ran 6 yard button hooks. Awesome philosophy.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>