Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Black Monday

Quote:They must really have had some issues with him.

This article might explain it: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...and-browns

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This article might explain it: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000305869/article/rob-chudzinski-fired-by-cleveland-browns'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000305869/article/rob-chudzinski-fired-by-cleveland-browns</a>

I had read something like this earlier. Its hard to continue to support a coach if you feel his players are lacking effort and accountability even after only one season.

If the front office felt he was not holding the players accountable and they were lacking effort in just the first season, it just doesn't bode well for the future.

Look at Jacksonville, the Jags had the same record but nobody doubts the effort that has been put in down the stretch.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:I had read something like this earlier. Its hard to continue to support a coach if you feel his players are lacking effort and accountability even after only one season.

If the front office felt he was not holding the players accountable and they were lacking effort in just the first season, it just doesn't bode well for the future.

Look at Jacksonville, the Jags had the same record but nobody doubts the effort that has been put in down the stretch.

See, that is what I mean when I talk about winning and losing cultures. The Browns were not playing to win. If you don't play to win, this happens to your coach.

Frazier is officially out as well as Shanahan. Washington cleaned house completely.

Breaking news over on NFL.com

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Even though Frazier sucked as a HC one thing that i think was cool is that he took the time to say goodbye to each player individually.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-de...ings-radar

Del Rio is on the radar for the Vikings HC opening.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-de...ings-radar

Del Rio is on the radar for the Vikings HC opening.

I hope they go in another direction. We need Del Zero down in texas.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 12:25 PM by trunt87.)

Garrett next?

Schiano and Dominik per Glazer on Twitter are fired

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Schiano and Dominik per Glazer on Twitter are fired

Not a big surprise.

;

;

Schwartz fired

Quote:In today's society where instant gradification is widespread. A head coach must either win from day 1 and win often, or must be on good accords with the GM and the rest of the front office. Gone are the days where Head Coaches, Owners, and the front office are tied to each other with loyalty.

Then explain Jason Garrett....

Raiders, Cowboys, Titans, Giants(coughlin retirement possibility), Dolphins are all still up in the air. 6 firings so far, including the Texans.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Then explain Jason Garrett....
Jerry Jones' ego.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...and-browns

Chudzinski didn't even make it to Monday.

The factory of sadness continues to live up to its name.

We're the factory of sadness. Although, they might be the corporation...

Quote:Leslie Frazier is being prepared for the Turk.

http://nesn.com/2013/12/report-minnesota...e-frazier/

I read that JDR is on their short list....lolz....

I wish Jack would get hired by the Texans. 

Quote:Frazier is officially out as well as Shanahan. Washington cleaned house completely.

Breaking news over on NFL.com

If Washington was smart, (which we know they aren't), they'd team up David Shaw with a top flight GM candidate and Snyder would let them do their jobs.

Quote:Not a big surprise.

I'm surprised at Schiano, I thought with the whole Freeman thing over and the serious injuries this year he'd get a chance next season to recover.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm surprised at Schiano, I thought with the whole Freeman thing over and the serious injuries this year he'd get a chance next season to recover.

Schiano will take over the Penn State job after O ' Brien bolts to the NFL

Quote:Then explain Jason Garrett....
Garrett lets Jones make his mind up for him. Jones wont get rid of that.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 01:51 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Garrett lets Jones make his mind up for him. Jones wont get rid of that.

As long as Jerry continues down that path, the Cowboys will never win anything of consequence. 

The standard for all new coaches is to get a Chip Kelly/Jim Harbaugh type of output for the 1st season, with Bill Belichek consistency the following seasons.

Which is unreasonable.