Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why all the talk about a bad offensive line?

We can't get Romo because our oline is terrible.

We are ranked 8th overall.

QB hits we rank 12th.

Rushing we rank 17th.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/oline/...lines.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 06:53 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

We can't get Romo because he does not want to be a Jaguar and Caldwell drafted a young franchise quarterback.

Quote:We can't get Romo because he does not want to be a Jaguar and Caldwell drafted a young franchise quarterback.
Romo didnt say he didnt want to be a jaguar why are you saying things that arent true

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 07:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:We can't get Romo because he does not want to be a Jaguar and Caldwell drafted a young franchise quarterback.
can i get the quote were Romo said he doesnt want to be a Jag? Caldwell drafting a franchise qb is false as well

I'm not that down on our OLine outside of RT. Parnell is on the downside and should be replaced this offseason.

Need a new RT and a LG,also need depth at Tackle

Romo don't need sacked he'll find a way any way to get hurt at all costs

We can't get Romo because we don't want Romo lol No thanks....... Dude is a pretzel now.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 07:24 PM by Sosa.)

I want Tyron Smith and La'el Collins

Quote:We can't get Romo because our oline is terrible.

We are ranked 8th overall.

QB hits we rank 12th.

Rushing we rank 17th.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/oline/...lines.html

The info from this site is a good foundation in evaluating Offensive Line performance.   Yet,  the downside is it doesn't account for TE, FB, and WR run blocking,  as well as blitz pickup and other non-O-Line pass blocking.     As we have seen,  all it takes is one blocker to fail to execute well enough for a play to become a negative results play.    Many times,  it's a non Offensive Lineman who is responsible for a play not working,

Quote:can i get the quote were Romo said he doesnt want to be a Jag? Caldwell drafting a franchise qb is false as well

Romo said he wants to be a Bronco.

lol at anybody who wants Romo... The guy's back is as strong as a piece of notebook paper now.

Bad backs don't get better, they only get worse. He's done.

Quote:lol at anybody who wants Romo... The guy's back is as strong as a piece of notebook paper now.

Bad backs don't get better, they only get worse. He's done.

And he got hurt behind the NFL's best offensive line. He does not know how to play behind ours.

I've been trying to argue that oline has been fine all year. Not great, but with quality QB play it would be plenty good enough to win games. 

People also turned on Parnell soooooo fast. I remember people arguing he was a future fixture on our line after he had only had allowed 1 sack through 8 games going into the Chiefs game. He seems to have settled back down too. I'm not completely sour on him either. 

Quote:I've been trying to argue that oline has been fine all year. Not great, but with quality QB play it would be plenty good enough to win games. 

People also turned on Parnell soooooo fast. I remember people arguing he was a future fixture on our line after he had only had allowed 1 sack through 8 games going into the Chiefs game. He seems to have settled back down too. I'm not completely sour on him either. 
It's no different then morons calling Fowler a bust after 8 games, or it only taking 8 games for people to switch from Bortles being the Franchise QB, to a bust.

Most people live in the moment with their opinions and they change them as much as they change their underwear. It'll always be like that.

Perhaps the young franchise quarterback can use a couple years behind one of the greats before trying again.

'02

Quote:I've been trying to argue that oline has been fine all year. Not great, but with quality QB play it would be plenty good enough to win games.

I agree.

Our oline is fine.

Quote:Need a new RT and a LG,also need depth at Tackle

I hear you ColoJag, but our oline as a unit ranks 8th overall. And 12th overall with hits on the QB.

That's pretty dang strong. Of course any position can be upgraded but our oline is not as bad as we all thought.

Quote:I've been trying to argue that offensive line has been fine all year. Not great, but with quality QB play it would be plenty good enough to win games. 

People also turned on Parnell so fast. I remember people arguing he was a future fixture on our line after he had only had allowed 1 sack through 8 games going into the Chiefs game. He seems to have settled back down too. I'm not completely sour on him either. 

People turned on Parnell after the Ravens game. He was terrible in that one. Before that, many fans said Joeckel was the worst.

Quote:Romo said he wants to be a Bronco.

Sure he does, but he'll suddenly want to play for the Jaguars if we're offering considerably more.

'02