Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why all the talk about a bad offensive line?

Quote:Perhaps the young franchise quarterback can use a couple years behind one of the greats before trying again.

Tony Romo is not "one of the greats." He also is not only 24 years old.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sure he does, but he'll suddenly want to play for the Jaguars if we're offering considerably more.

You can't fool me. Every time I see this kind of post I know people are just trying to rile me up and that is outright mean.

Quote:Sure he does, but he'll suddenly want to play for the Jaguars if we're offering considerably more.
Why would anybody want a guy who literally got hurt again on the very first hit he took? Literally 3 plays into the game against the Seahawks.

You really want to throw 15-20 mil at a guy who is going to end up on IR?

Back injuries are serious. Let alone with a guy who has had multiple back injuries and is going to be 37 years old before next season even starts.

Quote:You can't fool me. Every time I see this kind of post I know people are just trying to rile me up and that is outright mean.

I'm offended that you think I'm being mean to you. You know, it's not all a conspiracy against you.

'02

Quote:Why would anybody want a guy who literally got hurt again on the very first hit he took? Literally 3 plays into the game against the Seahawks.

Back injuries are serious. Let alone with a guy who has had multiple back injuries and is going to be 37 years old before next season even starts.

For the same reason they want a player who almost never gets hurt. Injuries happen. Too many fans only want to make up crap.

Quote:I'm offended that you think I'm being mean to you. You know, it's not all a conspiracy against you.

There has been so much conspiracy against me over the years to make figuring out when that is not the intent remotely possible. I need every little bit of bullying to stop permanently to believe anyone who says that is not the case.

Quote:Why would anybody want a guy who literally got hurt again on the very first hit he took? Literally 3 plays into the game against the Seahawks.

I agree he's a bit like Chris Chandelier as I used to call him, but it's an ideal situation that if he does go down, we do have Bortles. But if Romo can play, the guy truly is a great despite what some others in here may think. .

'02

Quote:For the same reason they want a player who almost never gets hurt. Injuries happen. Too many fans only want to make up crap.

If everything is close to equal,  I would take a durable player 100 out of 100 times over a player with a significant injury history or worse.

Quote:I agree he's a bit like Chris Chandelier as I used to call him, but it's an ideal situation that if he does go down, we do have Bortles. But if Romo can play, the guy truly is a great despite what some others in here may think. .

Calling Romo "one of the greats" is comparing him to Tom Brady, Peyton Manning ,etc.

Quote:There has been so much conspiracy against me over the years to make figuring out when that is not the intent remotely possible. I need every little bit of bullying to stop permanently to believe anyone who says that is not the case.

While you're trying to figure it out, stop offending others with all your accusations.

'02

Quote:If everything is close to equal, I would take a durable player 100 out of 100 times over a player with a significant injury history or worse.

Me too. Older players have a higher risk of injury than guys in Blake's age group.

Quote:I agree he's a bit like Chris Chandelier as I used to call him, but it's an ideal situation that if he does go down, we do have Bortles. But if Romo can play, the guy truly is a great despite what some others in here may think. .
I agree that Romo was a good QB back in his day, when healthy and young.

I for one would not like to see them take a gamble on a QB that will be 37. Coming off multiple back surgeries and who has only played 4 games and 3 snaps in over 2 years. That's a losing bet if I've ever seen one.

Exactly

I have to agree again. Just bc he's been hurt in the past doesn't mean he will get hurt again.

Quote: If everything is close to equal, I would take a durable player 100 out of 100 times over a player with a significant injury history or worse.

I love you D6, but who wouldn't.

Quote:I have to agree again. Just bc he's been hurt in the past doesn't mean he will get hurt again.
Please show me the list of players who have had back injuries and have came back from them.

I've never once heard anybody say their back has gotten better, or even back to normal after a back injury. Let alone multiple back injuries.

But if you can provide me a list of players who have suffered back injuries and came back stronger than ever, or even came back to normal, I'll gladly waiver my opinion.

Quote:I have to agree again. Just bc he's been hurt in the past doesn't mean he will get hurt again.

How many 37-year old quarterbacks without a great offensive line stay healthy all season?

Quote:Romo said he wants to be a Bronco.
Romo has not come out and publicly said he wants to play for any other team. Why are you saying things that are not true

Quote:Romo has not come out and publicly said he wants to play for any other team. Why are you saying things that are not true

So why are there reports he expressed interest in playing for Denver?

It's crazy when you look at it, this team for the most part doesn't have many missing pieces, just a glaring one at QB and some other bits and pieces. And super bad luck.