Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Rodgers is back

Finally, the news every Packers fan has been waiting for:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...s-vs-bears

It is fitting that he was injured against the Bears and will return at Chicago. Bears fans can't be happy about this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Finally, the news every Packers fan has been waiting for:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...s-vs-bears

It is fitting that he was injured against the Bears and will return at Chicago. Bears fans can't be happy about this.

In all honesty I would be ecstatic if I were a Bears fan.  You get a quarterback that I'm guessing will feel some after effects if he's hit and has a high chance of being rusty because of the lay off. 

I dont know if he's any better than Matty Flynn at this point.

I dont know if he's any better than Matty Flynn at this point.[/quote]

Trolololol

Quote:In all honesty I would be ecstatic if I were a Bears fan.  You get a quarterback that I'm guessing will feel some after effects if he's hit and has a high chance of being rusty because of the lay off. 

I dont know if he's any better than Matty Flynn at this point.

I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest post I've seen on this thread, wow.

Quote:I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest post I've seen on this thread, wow.

I totally agree. Matt Flynn had some horrible games. He had to play catch-up in Dallas, where the Cowboys were missing Sean Lee, so the stat sheet does not tell the whole story. Anyone who saw the Thanksgiving game in Detroit knows why two teams cut him and the Packers initially did not offer a job.

if i was a bears fan I would be bricking it. He may be rusty, but if he shakes the rust off he is one of the best qbs in the league no doubt, he has the quality to sneak his team into the playoffs

Quote:If i was a bears fan I would be bricking it. He may be rusty, but if he shakes the rust off he is one of the best QBs in the league no doubt, he has the quality to sneak his team into the playoffs.

I don't think he will be rusty. He has been practicing with the practice squad or backups for weeks now, working on non-contact drills. Even if he is a little rusty, he will still be better than Matt Flynn.

Green Bay may not really be sneaking into the playoffs. The Packers only went downhill because no Rodgers = no offense. They only tied with the Vikings because of the stupid new OT rule.

Quote:I don't think he will be rusty. He has been practicing with the practice squad or backups for weeks now, working on non-contact drills. Even if he is a little rusty, he will still be better than Matt Flynn.

Green Bay may not really be sneaking into the playoffs. The Packers only went downhill because no Rodgers = no offense. They only tied with the Vikings because of the stupid new OT rule.

The stupid new OT rule is a lot better than the stupid old OT rule.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:The stupid new OT rule is a lot better than the stupid old OT rule.

According to people who are not Packers or Vikings fans.

Quote:According to people who are not Packers or Vikings fans.

Hey, they had every chance to win the game, didn't they?

Would they (or you) feel better if they lost the game on a field goal in which they never even had the ball? They should be happy with the tie.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Hey, they had every chance to win the game, didn't they?

Would they (or you) feel better if they lost the game on a field goal in which they never even had the ball? They should be happy with the tie.

Green Bay got the ball first and scored, so under the old rules, they would have won the game.

Quote:I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest post I've seen on this thread, wow.

One of the dumbest post you've seen on a thread that was a whole 4 posts before you posted this?  Nice.

They are playing a qb that for all everyone knows should not be playing.  He hasnt played for 8 weeks.  It's a huge chance for Green Bay...its not like Green Bay hasnt won games since he's been out.

Quote:One of the dumbest post you've seen on a thread that was a whole 4 posts before you posted this?  Nice.

They are playing a QB that for all everyone knows should not be playing.  He hasn't played for 8 weeks.  It's a huge chance for Green Bay. It's not like Green Bay hasn't won games since he's been out.

What quarterback are you talking about? Aaron Rodgers was out 7 weeks and was supposed to only miss 6 games, so yes, he should be playing. And the Packers did not beat the Vikings or Steelers.

Quote:What quarterback are you talking about? Aaron Rodgers was out 7 weeks and was supposed to only miss 6 games, so yes, he should be playing. And the Packers did not beat the Vikings or Steelers.

Yes because every injury has an exact time frame on healing.

How do you explain Adrian Peterson coming back so early?  Dont you think some injuries could take longer than what doctors say at times as well?

My bet is the Bears come after him hardcore, get a few hits on him....game over.

Quote:Yes because every injury has an exact time frame on healing.

How do you explain Adrian Peterson coming back so early?  Dont you think some injuries could take longer than what doctors say at times as well?

My bet is the Bears come after him hardcore, get a few hits on him....game over.

It was a hairline fracture. That and being his left collarbone made the team doctor overly optimistic at first about how long he would be out.

I can't explain why Adrian Peterson was able to come back quicker than others who tear knee ligaments, but I do know fractures are more predictable.

The Bears can hit him all they want to, but if he falls on his right side, no problem.

Quote:It was a hairline fracture. That and being his left collarbone made the team doctor overly optimistic at first about how long he would be out.

I can't explain why Adrian Peterson was able to come back quicker than others who tear knee ligaments, but I do know fractures are more predictable.

The Bears can hit him all they want to, but if he falls on his right side, no problem.

Lol you dont know this for sure and the Packers would never tell you.  You cant say things as a fact when you dont know.

Again, injuries take different times to heal.  Sometimes shorter and sometimes longer....just because a doctor says something doesnt mean the healing process is always going to go exactly as planned.  They said six weeks, why did he not play last week? 

Quote:Lol you dont know this for sure and the Packers would never tell you.  You cant say things as a fact when you dont know.

Again, injuries take different times to heal. Sometimes shorter and sometimes longer. Just because a doctor says something doesn't mean the healing process is always going to go exactly as planned. They said six weeks, why did he not play last week? 

They said 6 weeks because they thought at first it would be about pain tolerance. Then they changed their minds and said no, the bone must be completely healed.

Yes, there is some variation with bone fractures, but not as much as there is for soft tissue injuries. I am confident that Rodgers will be OK Sunday but pay attention to all hits on his left side.

Quote:They said 6 weeks because they thought at first it would be about pain tolerance. Then they changed their minds and said no, the bone must be completely healed.

Yes, there is some variation with bone fractures, but not as much as there is for soft tissue injuries. I am confident that Rodgers will be OK Sunday but pay attention to all hits on his left side.

Thank you...I believe thats what I was trying to say....holy cow.

Quote:Thank you...I believe thats what I was trying to say....holy cow.

I thought you were trying to say bone fractures are no more predictable than torn ligaments, which is obviously not true.

Quote:According to people who are not Packers or Vikings fans.
youre not a packers or vikings fan and you just said it was stupid. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."