Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Rodgers is back

Quote:You're not a Packers or Vikings fan and you just said it was stupid. 

I am a Packers fan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I am a Packers fan.

So now you're a BuckeyeGatorJaguarBroncoPacker fan??

Even I'm getting confused now!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:So now you're a BuckeyeGatorJaguarBroncoPacker fan??

Even I'm getting confused now!!

Yo, I literally swaer I was about to post the same thing.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Yo, I literally swaer I was about to post the same thing.

Hehe

Pretty soon she'll just have to start posting the teams she's not a fan of...it will be shorter! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Tremendous job by Aaron Rodgers in the comeback win over the Bears.   When his entire skill set,  including the mental part of the game is included,  I believe he's the most complete QB in the NFL.   Having Randall Cobb back also made a huge difference for Green Bay.

The bottom line is the Lions threw away the season losing 6 games with leads in the 4th QTR in the last 7 games and the Bears failed after only needing one win in their final two games.   Including against an Eagles team that didn't have anything tangible in the standings to play for and having the Packers in two 4th Down situations before Rodgers and co. delivered that dagger.    The Packers might have not earned the division title in a conventional way but they were the most clutch team in the division in the last month of the season.   Whatever happens in the playoffs,  they are the only team in the division that had a successful season.

Congrats, JW!

Quote:Tremendous job by Aaron Rodgers in the comeback win over the Bears. When his entire skill set, including the mental part of the game is included, I believe he's the most complete QB in the NFL. Having Randall Cobb back also made a huge difference for Green Bay.

The bottom line is the Lions threw away the season losing 6 games with leads in the 4th QTR in the last 7 games and the Bears failed after only needing one win in their final two games.   Including against an Eagles team that didn't have anything tangible in the standings to play for and having the Packers in two 4th Down situations before Rodgers and Co. delivered that dagger. The Packers might have not earned the division title in a conventional way but they were the most clutch team in the division in the last month of the season. Whatever happens in the playoffs,  they are the only team in the division that had a successful season.

Congrats, JW!

I thought it was sweet that the GW TD was Rodgers to Cobb. That made it even better, knowing they were both out a long time with broken bones. I fully expected to miss the playoffs when they were out.

The next time you talk about the Lions, you probably will say something about their coach getting fired. Jim Shwartz is on his way out before the 49ers fly to Green Bay. It it going to be a wild weekend for the NFC North.

I'm a fan of 16 teams in the NFL!

Huh

That's a really interesting rematch coming up right there  

Gene's Myth

Quote:That's a really interesting rematch coming up right there  

Revenge for the Packers, who lost at San Francisco in Week 1.

Too bad Clay Matthews can't play.

Quote:Revenge for the Packers, who lost at San Francisco in Week 1.

Too bad Clay Matthews can't play.

The Packers have too many people hurt on defense.  Going to be tough for them to pull this one out.

I'll give Rodgers credit, he played pretty good for being out that long.

Quote:Tremendous job by Aaron Rodgers in the comeback win over the Bears.   When his entire skill set,  including the mental part of the game is included,  I believe he's the most complete QB in the NFL.   Having Randall Cobb back also made a huge difference for Green Bay.

The bottom line is the Lions threw away the season losing 6 games with leads in the 4th QTR in the last 7 games and the Bears failed after only needing one win in their final two games.   Including against an Eagles team that didn't have anything tangible in the standings to play for and having the Packers in two 4th Down situations before Rodgers and co. delivered that dagger.    The Packers might have not earned the division title in a conventional way but they were the most clutch team in the division in the last month of the season.   Whatever happens in the playoffs,  they are the only team in the division that had a successful season.

Congrats, JW!
So who is the leader in the clubhouse to be coaching the Lions in 2014?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I know Peyton just set several NFL records and will win his 5th league MVP; Brady always performs at a consistently high level and is clutch; Brees is always the best at padding up his stats. Aaron Rodgers, to me, is the best QB in the game.

Quote:The Packers have too many people hurt on defense.  Going to be tough for them to pull this one out.

I'll give Rodgers credit, he played pretty good for being out that long.

Aaron Rodgers was limited in practice since Thanksgiving week. He was not cleared for contact, but could work on taking snaps from the center and passing.

Quote:So who is the leader in the clubhouse to be coaching the Lions in 2014?

There's no leader as of now.   Two coaches that I hope and believe the Lions will try to interview,  Chargers Offensive Coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden,  can't be interviewed this week because their respective teams are playing on Wildcard Weekend.  My guess is Whisenhunt will at the very least emerge as a finalst.   Martin Mayhew and Whisenhunt were teammates with the Redskins.

I would also like the Lions to interview Bengals Defensive Coordinator Mike Zimmer next week but he's going to have to overcome not having prior HC experience.   Zimmer has been a highly successful Defensive Coordinator and the Lions have similar type of Defensive Ends and DT's that the Bengals do.   

Today,  there were rumors that the Lions have interest in the following 3 coaches:

1.  Former Bears HC Lovie Smith

2,  Seahawks Offensive Line Coach and Assistant HC Tom Cable,  the former Raiders HC.

3., Ravens Offensive Coordinator Jim Caldwell,  the former HC of the Colts.,

I have significant doubts regarding Cable and Caldwell for different reasons.   Cable, because he doesn't seem to be the type of coach that would provide the discipline the Lions need.   Caldwell,  because of his poor record both at Wake Forest and Indianapolis , when Peyton Manning wasn't the Colts starting QB.

Lovie Smith is a good Head Coach but I have concerns about him be a good fit with the Lions.    Smith seems to be more comfortable with a conservative type of Offensive Attack.   That's why I believe he fired Mike Martz as Bears Off. Coordinator and went with Mike Tice instead. 

Quote:I know Peyton just set several NFL records and will win his 5th league MVP; Brady always performs at a consistently high level and is clutch; Brees is always the best at padding up his stats. Aaron Rodgers, to me, is the best QB in the game.

Agreed,  regarding Aaron Rodgers.   He has the ability to extend plays better than the other QB's,  combined with all of the other skills that a great QB has.