Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jon Kitna comes out of retirement

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...jon-kitna/

They should have signed Todd Bouman...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Championship

I grew up a Seahawks fan and I had a cousin that played at CWU with Kitna. He was a cult hero out there when he became the starter for Seattle. Cool for him that he gets one more go around, if only for one game possibly.

;

;

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...jon-kitna/

They should have signed Todd Bouman...

I honestly think Bouman is on a lifetime Jags contract, they give him a new tractor every time they bring him back and he agreed to only sign with the Jags.

I'm not sure how much, if anything Jon Kitna has left in the tank in terms of physical ability to play QB.   One thing I am confident about is Jon Kitna is one of the best people and competitors to have played in the NFL.  From an intangible standpoint,  it doesn't get much better than Kitna. 

Quote:I'm not sure how much, if anything Jon Kitna has left in the tank in terms of physical ability to play QB.   One thing I am confident about is Jon Kitna is one of the best people and competitors to have played in the NFL.  From an intangible standpoint,  it doesn't get much better than Kitna. 

Wouldn't it be fascinating to see how he'd do if (God forbid) he had to play a significant amount of time?

And what if he did well?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Adam,  seeing the type of focus and resolve Jon Kitna has had in the past and his knowledge of the Cowboys Offense,  I'm confident Jon Kitna would perform well if his physical skills haven't substantially eroded.   While I certainly hope that Kyle Orton stays relatively healthy,  I'll be rooting hard for Jon Kitna if called upon.   It would be a tremendous story if Kitna helped lead the Cowboys to the NFC East Title and then to a playoff win.  It's not like to happen.  But it wouldn't shock me if it did happen.

Because the quote function and ability to copy and paste not working on this computer for the Jaguars MB because of the ' upgraded' version of Internet Explorer,  I'll mention a story that appeared on the PFT  ( Pro Football Talk ) website without being able to provide the link.

On December 26, 2013 at 1:25am ET,  Curtis Crabtree wrote a story called,  ' Jon Kitna to donate game check to high school' .   That's a $ 55,924 going to a high school in Tacoma, WA.   Knowing the type of person Kitna is,  I'm not surprised in the least about his generosity.

'

Quote:Adam,  seeing the type of focus and resolve Jon Kitna has had in the past and his knowledge of the Cowboys Offense,  I'm confident Jon Kitna would perform well if his physical skills haven't substantially eroded.   While I certainly hope that Kyle Orton stays relatively healthy,  I'll be rooting hard for Jon Kitna if called upon.   It would be a tremendous story if Kitna helped lead the Cowboys to the NFC East Title and then to a playoff win.  It's not like to happen.  But it wouldn't shock me if it did happen.

Because the quote function and ability to copy and paste not working on this computer for the Jaguars MB because of the ' upgraded' version of Internet Explorer,  I'll mention a story that appeared on the PFT  ( Pro Football Talk ) website without being able to provide the link.

On December 26, 2013 at 1:25am ET,  Curtis Crabtree wrote a story called,  ' Jon Kitna to donate game check to high school' .   That's a $ 55,924 going to a high school in Tacoma, WA.   Knowing the type of person Kitna is,  I'm not surprised in the least about his generosity.

'

I saw about five minutes (on NFL Network, I think) regarding Kitna's gig coaching high school football. His son is on the team?

He really seemed into it. And really interested in teaching - perhaps more so than just winning.

Perhaps I'll get to see the entire piece over the weekend.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Kitna donating his check is a classy move