Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

Calling it now. Dave signs him to give Bortles competition for 2017.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd like that a lot. I just think it's a longshot.

i know there isnt much else in the way of options but bringing in bad quarterbacks for competition isnt something to be excited for.

I wouldn't hate it.

I'd be happy with that

"competition"

Quote:"competition"
all these guys are excited to be just throwing bodies at the position.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 10:26 PM by nhiverson.)

Quote:"competition"

:woot:

We dang near beat the chiefs and I'm pretty sure Foles was the reason why...

No Fun

He kinda sucks, but at least we don't have to watch anymore jacked up throwing motion.

Why does anybody think it would help to bring in a QB who was benched in favor of a player who was later benched in favor of a rookie? Nick Foles asked to be released by the Rams because Case Keenum and a draft pick were better.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 10:55 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:We dang near beat the Chiefs and I'm pretty sure Foles was the reason why...

I never thought Foles was why the Chiefs won because of the stupid touchback. But who knows, he could have won the game without officiating help anyway.

I believe the Chiefs were like 1/14 on 3rrd down? So is he competing with Bortles or Henne?

Quote:I believe the Chiefs were like 1/14 on 3rrd down? So is he competing with Bortles or Henne?

Penalties were probably part of it.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 10:46 AM by HolsterHusto.)

There really isn't much out there in terms of vets to push Blake. These are the most likely candidate:

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Colin Kapernick

Nick Foles

Robert Griffin

Mike Glennon

Brian Hoyer

Ryan Nassib

Tyrod Taylor - Highly unlikely

Kirk Cousins - Even more unlikely

Jimmy Garoppolo

AJ McCarron

Brett Hundley

Am I forgetting anyone?

Quote: 

Am I forgetting anyone?
Romo, Cutler, and Kaepernick I would add as more possible than guys like Cousins or Garoppolo. 

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 10:47 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:Romo, Cutler, and Kaepernick I would add as more possible than guys like Cousins or Garoppolo.

Oh yeah, don't know why my brain slipped on them. Just added them to the list.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 11:31 AM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:There really isn't much out there in terms of vets to push Blake. These are the most likely candidate:

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Colin Kapernick

Nick Foles

Robert Griffin

Mike Glennon

Brian Hoyer

Ryan Nassib

Tyrod Taylor - Highly unlikely

Kirk Cousins - Even more unlikely

Jimmy Garoppolo

AJ McCarron

Brett Hundley

Am I forgetting anyone?

Tony Romo is old and fragile as glass. (No)

Jay Cutler is not liked by his teammates and may be worse than Bortles. (No)

Kaepernick is an inaccurate passer and couldn't even beat out Gabbert at the beginning of the year. (No)

Nick Foles isn't great, but could push Bortles. (O.K.)

Robert Griffin is a smallish, run first QB who is always injured and makes boneheaded plays. (No)

Mike Glennon isn't ideal, but could push Bortles. (O.K.)

Brian Hoyer gets worse every year and isn't an upgrade from Bortles. (No)

Ryan Nassib is a downgrade from Bortles. (No)

Tyrod Taylor is not an upgrade from Bortles and I can't see Buffalo getting rid of him just yet. (No)

Kirk Cousins would be great, but it's a million to one shot that we could lure him away. (Yes)

Jimmy Garrappolo is someone I like, but it depends on if the Pats will get rid of him and what the price is. (Yes)

A.J. McCarron is someone I like as well, but living in Cincy and hearing the discussions of what the price tag would be, I know he would cost us a ton. Alot has been said about the Bengals asking for a 1st round pick and an additional high round pick as well. I don't know if I would do that deal. (undecided)

Brett Hundley is a downgrade. (No)

Quote:Romo, Cutler, and Kaepernick I would add as more possible than guys like Cousins or Garoppolo. 

Big no on Colin Kaepernick. You know it's bad when a guy loses his job to someone named Blaine Gabbert two straight years.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 02:13 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Tony Romo is old and fragile as glass. (No)

Kaepernick is an inaccurate passer and couldn't even beat out Gabbert at the beginning of the year. (No)

Robert Griffin is a smallish, run first QB who is always injured and makes boneheaded plays. (No)

Tyrod Taylor is not an upgrade from Bortles and I can't see Buffalo getting rid of him just yet. (No)

Kirk Cousins would be great, but it's a million to one shot that we could lure him away. (Yes)

Jimmy Garrappolo is someone I like, but it depends on if the Pats will get rid of him and what the price is. (Yes)

A.J. McCarron is someone I like as well, but living in Cincy and hearing the discussions of what the price tag would be, I know he would cost us a ton. Alot has been said about the Bengals asking for a 1st round pick and an additional high round pick as well. I don't know if I would do that deal. (undecided)

Glennon and Foles arent going to push bortles if he isnt pushing himself already. Its fine to have them as safety blankets i guess but theyre not doing anything for blake, theyre bad qbs.

Quote:Tony Romo is old and fragile as glass. (No)

Tyrod Taylor is a better version of Bortles.