Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential Veteran QBs for 2014

You guys definitely need a QB.  Drafting a QB high is risky, so do you think any veteran QBs that might be available next year would be good enough to win while you stock pile draft picks and build a team?

1. Jay Cutler:  I'm a Bronco fan and thought he had unlimited talent.  Interceptions and perceived attitude problems have been his bane, but he sure seems like he's grown up a lot in the past couple of years and still has a ton of talent and big play ability.  Pricey, though.

2. Josh McCown: Has played very well in Cutler's absence.  Good arm, good mobility.  One of the two will be available next year.

3.  Matt Schaub:  I think he's done in Houston.  He's a very good QB who had a down year this year.  I think the Texans will move on from him, but he definitely put up some good numbers in Houston.

4.  Mike Vick:  Tons of big play ability, but a bit injury prone.  Still a good QB who is good enough to win.

5. Josh Freeman:  Looked real good early in his career, but dropped off this year.  Young, good talent.  Might be able to put it together for another team.  Hasn't had much of a shot in Minn this year.

Any of these guys interest you?  You have some pieces in place.  A vet QB might be good enough to get you winning while building for the future.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only one I'm interested in is Cutler, but he is so up, down, and sideways that I would rather just take my chances in the draft.

Only one Id take is Cutler.. But i still see this organisation stickin with Henne as the youngin learns the ropes..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Cutler does have some up and down, but he sure is fun to watch.  I also think he's more up than down, but that's just my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2013, 01:14 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:Cutler does have some up and down, but he sure is fun to watch.  I also think he's more up than down, but that's just my opinion.

I was big on him coming out.  That arm of his is fantastic. 

Also, he is kind of injury prone. 

I honestly just don't see the Jags signing him. 

Cutler handing off to MJD for a 2 yard gain.. "Damn Drew.. You're a softy"..

Yeah I don't see that workin..

I can't see this team signing any well known free agents. There might be a surprise pickup of someone that is sort of an unknown, but I expect next year's starter will likely come from the draft.

When I choose the quote option, it isn't quoting the post I chose.  I must be missing something.

Anyway, I don't know how realistic Cutler is as an option, just thought I'd get your guy's take on potential vet QBs.  I personally don't think this draft class looks all that great, but that's just me.  Bridgewater is probably the best prospect.  Johnny Football has flaming bust written all over him, IMO.

Sign/keep Henne, take McCarron. The end.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Sign/keep Henne, take McCarron. The end.

hard pass, hard pass

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2013, 01:33 PM by Oklahomie.)

Quote:hard pass, hard pass
QFT.

Get rid of Henne, draft a couple of rookies, but not someone like McCarron. (unless it's UDF)

I think we should keep Gabbert and Henne so they can mentor each other on how to hold a clipboard while the rook takes the field.. Everyone needs to be on their game next season. Even sideline secretaries..

I like Cutler not only because he can be a damn good QB, but I just love how he rubs a win in with his petulant scowl.  Too many variables with him, though.  

Next!

Caldwell said build through the draft. I think he sticks to his word on the most important position.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

One thing i do know is Blackmon would be excited for Cutler. Unlike Gabbert and Henne he knows how to target his beast and feed him the ball. There is a reason Marshall followed Cutler from Denver to Chicago.

Maybe take a look at Schaub but i just couldnt see it working out.

Quote:QFT.

Get rid of Henne, draft a couple of rookies, but not someone like McCarron. (unless it's UDF)

Not happening. Henne earned his role on this team for next year. No way Caldwell goes into next season with two rookies. And "not someone like McCarron" who is prototypical size with an extensive college resume. Yeah, we sure don't want anyone who's won big games on big stages against the biggest competition. Rolleyes

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What do you guys think of drafting manziel if we can trade down and signing Vick to a 1 year deal. They both have some similarities to there game except Vicks arm strength is greater but I'd say manziel is more accurate! They are about the same size and Vick could look back on his career compete with manziel for the starting job and help develop him by teaching him not not make the Same mistakes he did.

Quote:Not happening. Henne earned his role on this team for next year. No way Caldwell goes into next season with two rookies. And "not someone like McCarron" who is prototypical size with an extensive college resume. Yeah, we sure don't want anyone who's won big games on big stages against the biggest competition. Rolleyes
That's cute, Henne earned something.

As for McCarron, I don't want guys that managed a team full of college all stars. I want a guy that stood out and showed he's the one making things go.

I see a vet QB signed solely as a backup, which would rule out QBs such as Cutler. My guess is they sign Henne, as he knows the system, is reasonably effective as a backup, and will not be costly.

Looks like you guys are leaning towards drafting the next guy.  I personally don't think this is a real quality QB draft.  Bridgewater looks like he could be good, but the rest look iffy to me.  Manzeil should have a giant "Buyer Beware" sign taped to his forehead.