Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential Veteran QBs for 2014

If we take a guy in the 3rd/4th and he's not ready, i'd love Josh McCown to fill in for a year/until our guy is ready. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anybody but Henne

List of FA's :

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?[BLEEP]...&Year=2014

J. McCown is the only one that jumps out at me as a realistic possibility.  

No good FA options and no sure fire draft options.  I hope Caldwell knows something we don't.    

Quote:What do you guys think of drafting manziel if we can trade down and signing Vick to a 1 year deal. They both have some similarities to there game except Vicks arm strength is greater but I'd say manziel is more accurate! They are about the same size and Vick could look back on his career compete with manziel for the starting job and help develop him by teaching him not not make the Same mistakes he did.

"See those dogs there Jonny? Don't electrocute them."
Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Oh the drama!!! The pivotal turning point of our franchise could be amongst us! Please please let us get lucky and draft a majical team leading QB ! We the Jag Fans need a real one this time!

Anyone but the dog killer is fine with me.

Sign Josh Freeman. He is young, has shown franchise QB potential and should be able to be had at a Marks/Hayes/Ball -like "show me" contract.

Quote:Sign Josh Freeman. He is young, has shown franchise QB potential and should be able to be had at a Marks/Hayes/Ball -like "show me" contract.
So much "franchise QB potential" that he went into the witness protection program after arriving in Minnesota.

No thanks.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Another guy out there not listed is Mallett. I'm not for the move, but the guy may get some looks from some teams. He has had some time under belecheat and brady.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I'm still not sure why ppl are still high on Mallett.  I thought he was already a forgotten QB from the 2011 draft class.

Quote:Another guy out there not listed is Mallett. I'm not for the move, but the guy may get some looks from some teams. He has had some time under belecheat and brady.

I'd be for that. 

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2013, 11:02 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm still not sure why ppl are still high on Mallett.  I thought he was already a forgotten QB from the 2011 draft class.

Because he was the #1 QB prospect from that draft class. He's been saddled behind Brady. What do you want/ expect?? He's not going to start over Brady.... :blink: IMO, he just needs an "opportu'ny" (Gusbradleyspeak) to start somewhere and the rest will be history. 

That guy completed NFL throws routinely in college vs some of the best defenses and tight coverages. I understand he also had his flaws, but almost every QB does. Mallett's strengths are the stuff that succeeds at the pro game and he has some talents that cannot be coached - meaning you either have those skills or you don't. His weaknesses could be coached out. (i.e. some questionable decision making) 

TMD. You seem to have forgotten Can Newton first overall pick

Yeah, mallet wasn't the top qb prospect.

The only guy id sign is Tarvaris Jackson as a backup.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think Henne is a solid back-up.

Quote:So much "franchise QB potential" that he went into the witness protection program after arriving in Minnesota.

No thanks.

He came in to this season with 13865 total yards and 82 total TDs in 3 1/2 seasons as a starter. It's crazy that so many people have decided to completely disregard this. If he returns to his old form, which ever team picks him up will look like geniuses. If he really has regressed horribly at age 26, which ever team signs him, considering the type of contract he's likely to get, can cut him with little penalty.