Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Trump Keeps Winning Thread***

(02-19-2020, 10:51 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 08:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's a pretty airtight story.
Trump asks Russia to get some emails from Hillary.
Within days, they get some emails from Hillary.
Not exactly the same ones, but real honest to goodness emails from Hillary nonetheless.
Pretty weird coincidence huh?
I mean it's got to be a coincidence because he was definitely joking...

Wikileaks posted the DNC server E-mails on July 22nd, and Guiccifer 2.0 released them in June. The hack had to be before that. Trump''s joke was made on July 29th. Assange claims that Russia was not the source of the leak, and he had no reason to lie about that. Seth Rich who had access to the DNC server was killed soon after the release if you want to make a big deal about a coincidence.

You have the WikiLeaks date right.  I thought Trump's request was before that.  It was after, not on the 29th but the 27th.  
Anyhow it was a bad enough joke that it scrambled up my memory or the timeline I guess.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Different tone from Trump in town hall. He should do more of them. I think swing voters will like town hall Trump.

The debates with Biden aren't going to be fair.

(03-05-2020, 08:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Different tone from Trump in town hall. He should do more of them. I think swing voters will like town hall Trump.

In 2016 he he got by on instinct, guile, and a general idea of what he wanted to do.  

Fast forward three years of 16 hours a day meetings and he adds a command of facts and policy that he didnt have before....  

Joe cant remember what day of the week it is....  

Good luck.

(03-05-2020, 08:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Different tone from Trump in town hall. He should do more of them. I think swing voters will like town hall Trump.

Debates are great for people who haven't made up their mind, or for candidates who are unknown to the public, but in this case, I think everyone has pretty much made up their mind.  They either want 4 more years of Trump or they don't.

(03-06-2020, 07:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Debates are great for people who haven't made up their mind, or for candidates who are unknown to the public, but in this case, I think everyone has pretty much made up their mind.  They either want 4 more years of Trump or they don't.

I think Stroud is right. Today you get MSM "Trump is all evil all the time" or Twitter Trump. The TH puts him in a different light, and for a lot of people it's a completely different person than they expect.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-06-2020, 08:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 07:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Debates are great for people who haven't made up their mind, or for candidates who are unknown to the public, but in this case, I think everyone has pretty much made up their mind.  They either want 4 more years of Trump or they don't.

I think Stroud is right. Today you get MSM "Trump is all evil all the time" or Twitter Trump. The TH puts him in a different light, and for a lot of people it's a completely different person than they expect.

Who is going to watch a Trump town hall except for a Trump fan?  It isn't going to sway anyone.

(03-06-2020, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 08:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think Stroud is right. Today you get MSM "Trump is all evil all the time" or Twitter Trump. The TH puts him in a different light, and for a lot of people it's a completely different person than they expect.

Who is going to watch a Trump town hall except for a Trump fan?  It isn't going to sway anyone.

The MSM can only shield Biden from being in public for so long. Eventually people who are weary of a guy like that holding the nuclear football may need reassurance the "other guy" may be OK to vote for. 

Besides, all Trump has to do is maintain the people who voted for him to win and those people are surely the ones who would watch a TH.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 09:54 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-06-2020, 09:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Who is going to watch a Trump town hall except for a Trump fan?  It isn't going to sway anyone.

The MSM can only shield Biden from being in public for so long. Eventually people who are weary of a guy like that holding the nuclear football may need reassurance the "other guy" may be OK to vote for. 

Besides, all Trump has to do is maintain the people who voted for him to win and those people are surely the ones who would watch a TH.

You're dreaming.  There is way too much of Trump already on the record for anyone to change their mind about him.  Look at me- I'm a classic moderate swing voter, who often votes Republican.  But I am not going to vote for Donald Trump in a million years.  The guy is a baboon.

And don't forget, Trump barely won the last election, and actually lost the popular vote to the absolute worst candidate the Democrats could have put up against him.  For Christ's sake, who loses the popular vote to Hillary Friggin Clinton?

(03-06-2020, 09:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The MSM can only shield Biden from being in public for so long. Eventually people who are weary of a guy like that holding the nuclear football may need reassurance the "other guy" may be OK to vote for. 

Look at me- I'm a classic moderate swing voter, who often votes Republican.  But I am not going to vote for Donald Trump in a million years.  The guy is a baboon.

If you are voting based on personality rather than policy you have your priorities totally screwed up.

Are there any Trump policies that you think would be better under a Democrat? I can see complaining about the deficit, but that ship has sailed. Neither party is willing to cut spending, and higher taxes would only hurt the economy and ultimately decrease the revenue.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-06-2020, 10:04 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Look at me- I'm a classic moderate swing voter, who often votes Republican.  But I am not going to vote for Donald Trump in a million years.  The guy is a baboon.

If you are voting based on personality rather than policy you have your priorities totally screwed up.

Are there any Trump policies that you think would be better under a Democrat? I can see complaining about the deficit, but that ship has sailed. Neither party is willing to cut spending, and higher taxes would only hurt the economy and ultimately decrease the revenue.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of discussing which of Trump's policies I agree and disagree with.  Suffice to say, there are some in both categories.  The biggest thing to me is that I simply cannot stand four more years of this guy.  He is the most obnoxious person on planet earth.  He's a narcissist.  He's a compulsive liar.  He stokes people's fears and resentments.   The tweeting.  I've never seen someone so completely unfit for that office.  

MalabarJag, just from reading your posts, I can tell you are TEN TIMES smarter than Donald Trump and you would make a ten times better President than he is.  Why in the world do people like you support this guy?  It's baffling.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 10:20 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-06-2020, 09:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The MSM can only shield Biden from being in public for so long. Eventually people who are weary of a guy like that holding the nuclear football may need reassurance the "other guy" may be OK to vote for. 

You're dreaming.  There is way too much of Trump already on the record for anyone to change their mind about him.  Look at me- I'm a classic moderate swing voter, who often votes Republican.  But I am not going to vote for Donald Trump in a million years.  The guy is a baboon.

And don't forget, Trump barely won the last election, and actually lost the popular vote to the absolute worst candidate the Democrats could have put up against him.  For Christ's sake, who loses the popular vote to Hillary Friggin Clinton?

304-227 isn't "barely winning" anything. That is a major electoral shellacking. 

Why are people so obsessed with the popular vote?

This image speaks a 10000 words if you are seeking for a reason Hillary won the popular vote.

[Image: WithoutElecoralCollege.jpg]

(03-06-2020, 10:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 10:04 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: If you are voting based on personality rather than policy you have your priorities totally screwed up.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of discussing which of Trump's policies I agree and disagree with.  Suffice to say, there are some in both categories.  The biggest thing to me is that I simply cannot stand four more years of this guy.  He is the most obnoxious person on planet earth.  He's a narcissist.  He's a compulsive liar.  He stokes people's fears and resentments.   The tweeting.  I've never seen someone so completely unfit for that office.  

MalabarJag, just from reading your posts, I can tell you are TEN TIMES smarter than Donald Trump and you would make a ten times better President than he is.  Why in the world do people like you support this guy?  It's baffling.

Tweeting is how he defends himself. He has to with 95% of the MSM against him and not reporting any good news from the administration. The MSM created this situation, now it must be lived with.

(03-06-2020, 10:04 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: If you are voting based on personality rather than policy you have your priorities totally screwed up.

I support him because I like his POLICIES. That's much more important than personality. And unlike Ted Kennedy and the Clintons he hasn't murdered anyone. Whatever non-policy problem you have with Trump, it pales compared to many other prominent politicians. Are you really all-in on Sanders or Biden because they appear nice? (hint, they aren't)

He has done several necessary things that no career politician, not even Cruz who I supported in 2016, would get done, an example being getting China to agree to stop stealing US intellectual property. He is bringing the troops home, and has started no new wars unlike his three predecessors. He is the first POTUS in, well, forever to not cowtow to foreign governments, and he still gets deals done, only they are, for once, deals that favor the USA. He got us out of the worthless, expensive, and anti-American Paris treaty accord. Cruz might have done that but I doubt any other presidential contender since Obama signed it would have.

Trump doesn't stoke people's fears and resentments; that's 100% the MSM. The fact that you yourself recently repeated an anti-Trump lie from the MSM as if it were fact just proves my point.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 12:26 PM by Gabe.)

(03-06-2020, 11:57 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 10:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm not going down the rabbit hole of discussing which of Trump's policies I agree and disagree with.  Suffice to say, there are some in both categories.  The biggest thing to me is that I simply cannot stand four more years of this guy.  He is the most obnoxious person on planet earth.  He's a narcissist.  He's a compulsive liar.  He stokes people's fears and resentments.   The tweeting.  I've never seen someone so completely unfit for that office.  

I support him because I like his POLICIES. That's much more important than personality. And unlike Ted Kennedy and the Clintons he hasn't murdered anyone. Whatever non-policy problem you have with Trump, it pales compared to many other prominent politicians. Are you really all-in on Sanders or Biden because they appear nice? (hint, they aren't)

He has done several necessary things that no career politician, not even Cruz who I supported in 2016, would get done, an example being getting China to agree to stop stealing US intellectual property. He is bringing the troops home, and has started no new wars unlike his three predecessors. He is the first POTUS in, well, forever to not cowtow to foreign governments, and he still gets deals done, only they are, for once, deals that favor the USA. He got us out of the worthless, expensive, and anti-American Paris treaty accord. Cruz might have done that but I doubt any other presidential contender since Obama signed it would have.

Trump doesn't stoke people's fears and resentments; that's 100% the MSM. The fact that you yourself recently repeated an anti-Trump lie from the MSM as if it were fact just proves my point.
I'm not a fan of any of the candidates, nor of Trump, but one need not look any further than Trump's twitter to see that your bolded statement is completely incorrect. I'm actually quite surprised to hear that coming from you, MBJ.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(03-06-2020, 12:25 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 11:57 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: I support him because I like his POLICIES. That's much more important than personality. And unlike Ted Kennedy and the Clintons he hasn't murdered anyone. Whatever non-policy problem you have with Trump, it pales compared to many other prominent politicians. Are you really all-in on Sanders or Biden because they appear nice? (hint, they aren't)

I'm not a fan of any of the candidates, nor of Trump, but one need not look any further than Trump's twitter to see that your bolded statement is completely incorrect. I'm actually quite surprised to hear that coming from you, MBJ.

I don't bother with twitter. But by all means, give me an example of Trump falsely stoking people's fears.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 04:16 PM by Gabe. Edit Reason: Wasn't too difficult to find an example...quickly. )

(03-06-2020, 03:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 12:25 PM)Gabe Wrote: I'm not a fan of any of the candidates, nor of Trump, but one need not look any further than Trump's twitter to see that your bolded statement is completely incorrect. I'm actually quite surprised to hear that coming from you, MBJ.

I don't bother with twitter. But by all means, give me an example of Trump falsely stoking people's fears.

I probably shouldn't bother with twitter either, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that you added a caveat to your prior statement there...

But it wasn't too hard to locate one that fits said caveat.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...3827899393

(03-06-2020, 03:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 12:25 PM)Gabe Wrote: I'm not a fan of any of the candidates, nor of Trump, but one need not look any further than Trump's twitter to see that your bolded statement is completely incorrect. I'm actually quite surprised to hear that coming from you, MBJ.

Serious?

(03-06-2020, 04:07 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 03:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I don't bother with twitter. But by all means, give me an example of Trump falsely stoking people's fears.

I probably shouldn't bother with twitter either, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that you added a caveat to your prior statement there...

I guess that sort of fits. It wouldn't stoke fear in me. Sensible people don't look to the President (any president) for weather reports. If it caused some people in Alabama to waste two minutes checking the National Hurricane Center website then that's no big deal, and an idiotic reason to vote for someone who's policies are destructive to our country. And Marty's implication was that Trump is riling up people in anger, not just sending mistaken advice about an emergency.

I don't necessarily disagree with your description of him except that I don't think he's a compulsive liar, but you pretty much described everyone in politics. You definitely described everyone that is running for President.

(03-06-2020, 04:07 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 03:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I don't bother with twitter. But by all means, give me an example of Trump falsely stoking people's fears.

I don't think repeating the weather channel means you're stoking fears or else everyone falls into that category.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 06:49 PM by The Real Marty.)

(03-06-2020, 06:15 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 04:07 PM)Gabe Wrote:  I probably shouldn't bother with twitter either, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that you added a caveat to your prior statement there...

I guess that sort of fits. It wouldn't stoke fear in me. Sensible people don't look to the President (any president) for weather reports. If it caused some people in Alabama to waste two minutes checking the National Hurricane Center website then that's no big deal, and an idiotic reason to vote for someone who's policies are destructive to our country. And Marty's implication was that Trump is riling up people in anger, not just sending mistaken advice about an emergency.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...ar/498116/

“Countless innocent American lives have been stolen because our politicians have failed in their duty to secure our borders,” he said. His acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention similarly made clear the extent to which his message revolves around fear. “The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life,” Trump thundered. “Any politician who does not grasp this danger is not fit to lead our country. Americans watching this address tonight have seen the recent images of violence in our streets and the chaos in our communities. Many have witnessed this violence personally; some have even been its victims.”

Throw in the protectionism, the wall at the Southern border, the restrictions on travel from Muslim countries, and you see what Trump is selling- fear.   He calls the media "the enemy of the people."  He says the Southern border is being overrun by rapists and murderers.  He talks about conspiracies.  

He claimed Obama was born in Kenya and that he had sent investigators to Hawaii and they had all sorts of incredible stuff and he was going to release it, which he never did.  The birther stuff is a blatant appeal to people's fears.   And it was a total con job!  Where is that evidence he claimed he had, anyway?  

He falsely claimed the murder rate was the highest it had been in 47 years.  

https://time.com/4665755/donald-trump-fear/

"Fear has been a fixture of Trump’s oratory since the start of his campaign, which began with an attack on Mexican immigrants. On the trail he sometimes called to the stage the bereaved parents of children who were killed by people in the U.S. illegally. His inaugural address was a dark rumination on “American carnage”: the factories “scattered like tombstones,” the “crime and gangs and drugs that have stolen too many lives.” In his speech at the Republican nomination convention, Trump described the U.S. in a “moment of crisis,” then he cast himself as its savior: “I alone can fix it.”

(03-06-2020, 06:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 10:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm not going down the rabbit hole of discussing which of Trump's policies I agree and disagree with.  Suffice to say, there are some in both categories.  The biggest thing to me is that I simply cannot stand four more years of this guy.  He is the most obnoxious person on planet earth.  He's a narcissist.  He's a compulsive liar.  He stokes people's fears and resentments.   The tweeting.  I've never seen someone so completely unfit for that office.  

I don't necessarily disagree with your description of him except that I don't think he's a compulsive liar, but you pretty much described everyone in politics. You definitely described everyone that is running for President.

(03-06-2020, 04:07 PM)Gabe Wrote:  I probably shouldn't bother with twitter either, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that you added a caveat to your prior statement there...

I don't think repeating the weather channel means you're stoking fears or else everyone falls into that category.
What if you do it with a sharpie?