Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Trump Keeps Winning Thread***

(06-09-2019, 08:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 06:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's all very well and good, but what bothers me is the trillion dollar deficits.  We should never run deficits that size in a time of prosperity and low unemployment.  That is a ticking time bomb, because when and if we have a recession, the deficits will skyrocket.  And since we are already paying interest on 20 trillion ($20,000,000,000,000!) dollars in debt, that could bankrupt the US government and cause a deep worldwide depression.  At that point the only way out is for the federal reserve to monetize the debt, and then we have hyperinflation like Venezuela.   

It's coming, folks, if we don't do anything about it.  The mathematics are irrefutable.

In a way, you can say Trump's winning because he's cheating.  Running trillion dollar deficits in a time of full employment is like giving methedrine to a perfectly healthy person.  Seems great for a while, but eventually, the chickens will come home to roost.

Yes, we should be reducing our debt. Write your Congressman or go here: https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/23779454.

To compare our monetary system to any other country is ridiculous. The U.S. has not had hyperinflation triggered since the civil war, and we have been monetizing debt since. Our entire system is based on monetary policy, and money manipulation and debt is not the only number in the mathematics you claim are irrefutable. The same game existed before Trump, yet his results are cheating? You people are insufferable.

I strongly agree with some things Trump is doing, and I strongly disagree with some other things Trump is doing.  Should I agree with everything he's doing, in order to avoid being one of the "you people?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-09-2019, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 08:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Yes, we should be reducing our debt. Write your Congressman or go here: https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/23779454.

To compare our monetary system to any other country is ridiculous. The U.S. has not had hyperinflation triggered since the civil war, and we have been monetizing debt since. Our entire system is based on monetary policy, and money manipulation and debt is not the only number in the mathematics you claim are irrefutable. The same game existed before Trump, yet his results are cheating? You people are insufferable.

I strongly agree with some things Trump is doing, and I strongly disagree with some other things Trump is doing.  Should I agree with everything he's doing, in order to avoid being one of the "you people?"

So long as other Presidents are held to the same standard I don't think it's an issue.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-09-2019, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I strongly agree with some things Trump is doing, and I strongly disagree with some other things Trump is doing.  Should I agree with everything he's doing, in order to avoid being one of the "you people?"

So long as other Presidents are held to the same standard I don't think it's an issue.

In this case, the standard is simple.
Deficit spending is justifiable to jump start a stalled economy.
It is much less justifiable when the economy is cooking.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-09-2019, 12:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So long as other Presidents are held to the same standard I don't think it's an issue.

I have no issue with reducing government spending, that's why Trump is too moderate for my tastes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2019, 01:48 PM by B2hibry.)

(06-09-2019, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 08:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Yes, we should be reducing our debt. Write your Congressman or go here: https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/23779454.

I'm right there with you. I voted for the guy but don't necessarily agree with his approach all the time. My "You people" comment refers to the hasty pointing of fingers in the wrong direction, especially one that is a political epidemic like debt. It's the nature of the system. Don't like, quit voting in these brain dead seat warmers in Congress. "You people" as the first to scream about the negative but ignore any good. If you feel you don't fit in that category, great.

(06-09-2019, 12:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So long as other Presidents are held to the same standard I don't think it's an issue.

Agree.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Trump's Policy "Magic Wand" Boosts Manufacturing Jobs 399% In First 26 Months Over Obama's Last 26

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump consistently promised to revive America’s manufacturing economy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore...1e236320a6
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-10-2019, 02:21 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Trump's Policy "Magic Wand" Boosts Manufacturing Jobs 399% In First 26 Months Over Obama's Last 26

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump consistently promised to revive America’s manufacturing economy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore...1e236320a6

I call bull on this. Everyone knows it takes 2.5 years after a presidents term for their policies to kick in. This is Obama's economy.

</Sarcasm>
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-10-2019, 02:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: </Sarcasm>

Can you like my post so I can get my reputation count up?

(06-10-2019, 02:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 02:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: </Sarcasm>

Can you like my post so I can get my reputation count up?

If you noticed, there is no more "Like" button or reputation score

Dow celebrates best June in 81 years. S&P best in 64 years.

Anyone tired of all this winning yet?

(06-29-2019, 09:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Dow celebrates best June in 81 years. S&P best in 64 years.

Anyone tired of all this winning yet?

Man the Democrats are, lemme tell ya!

Trump makes history!

(06-30-2019, 07:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump makes history!

I like the willingness and off the cuff but other than a photo op and getting press secretary beat up, what was gained? This actually props up Kim in the eyes of his countrymen and women. The U.S. President is coming to him. This was a weak move on the part of the US and can't believe his advisors and security went for this. I want to see real movement towards denuclearization, not a blossoming friendship.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(06-30-2019, 09:37 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

I like the willingness and off the cuff but other than a photo op and getting press secretary beat up, what was gained? This actually props up Kim in the eyes of his countrymen and women. The U.S. President is coming to him. This was a weak move on the part of the US and can't believe his advisors and security went for this. I want to see real movement towards denuclearization, not a blossoming friendship.

True. I can see both sides of the argument. He was already in South Korea though, so although he "came to him", it wasn't a massive inconvenience I'd imagine.

It was a great photo-op, and the peace needs to be kept. No sanctions have been lifted, so its not like Trump has given in to anything.

Trump is just laying the groundwork for President Dan Crenshaw in 2024.

(06-30-2019, 02:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 09:37 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I like the willingness and off the cuff but other than a photo op and getting press secretary beat up, what was gained? This actually props up Kim in the eyes of his countrymen and women. The U.S. President is coming to him. This was a weak move on the part of the US and can't believe his advisors and security went for this. I want to see real movement towards denuclearization, not a blossoming friendship.

True. I can see both sides of the argument. He was already in South Korea though, so although he "came to him", it wasn't a massive inconvenience I'd imagine.

It was a great photo-op, and the peace needs to be kept. No sanctions have been lifted, so its not like Trump has given in to anything.

Trump is just laying the groundwork for President Dan Crenshaw in 2024.
Lol you’re so easily persuaded by certain posters. It’s hilarious.

You were expecting someone else to bash Trump but when it was B2, you were quick to jump to his side. Comical.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 05:29 PM by homebiscuit.)

(06-30-2019, 09:37 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

You're forgetting the third person in the room who has more invested in these meetings than Trump, South Korea president Moon. I would be willing to bet that a majority of the conversation which occurred at the DMZ was between Moon and Kim, with Trump facilitating. 
I had discussions with a couple of Koreans while there this past November, and I can tell you that no one hates the DMZ more than them. They aren't particularly keen on reunification just yet, they mainly want the border militarization to be gone, especially with Seoul being within such easy striking distance. 

Trump did well. While his detractors will be quick to dismiss this as a self-aggrandizing photo op, you can rest assure the South Koreans are grateful for any opportunity to whittle away at the border stalemate.

[Image: 25prexy1_span-jumbo.jpg]

[Image: ap-trump-kim-in-north-korea-2-797x500.jpg]

He’s afraid they’ll shoot his Nobel Peace Prize!

That picture is so telling given the fact that Obama told Trump NK was the biggest problem he was handing off.

Obama should hand his Nobel Peace Prize to Trump. Someone who has actually earned it. It would be a start in giving some credibility back to the prize.