Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Navy-Notre Dame in Jacksonville?

I was talking to a friend of mine that works with the city in some event planning. He said the city has been working on hosting the Notre Dame-Navy game in 2016 and an announcement could be coming soon.

Also, the city is working on hosting with FSU on getting a neutral site game played here in Jacksonville. Likely in 2015 or 2016.

I know they are a few years away but both would be great for Jacksonville.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The FSU thing has been kicked around many times, so don't hold your breath. 

Not that many years ago FSU played Colorado and 'Bama here in Jacksonville.  It would be great to see those games return...never to much good college football.  Notre Dame is big on neutral site games and will never play in Annapolis because of the size of the stadium...it would be great to have that game here!

Quote:The FSU thing has been kicked around many times, so don't hold your breath. 
We also never had the largest scoreboards in the world. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:The FSU thing has been kicked around many times, so don't hold your breath. 
I'm pretty sure FSU vs Alabama still hold the attendance record for Jax municipal at 85,413.

FSU vs anybody would be great. FSU vs Clemson has the geographic potential and rabid fan bases to be an annual staple like the Cocktail party.

Navy vs Notre Dame is a natural for Jax. Fingers crossed.

A couple of things to add.

The GBA has already said they will have a major announcement of a neutral site college football game. They have said it will be the weekend before or the weekend after the Fla/Ga game. That just happens to be the time where ND usually plays Navy. The game was also specifically mentioned as a target when talking stadium upgrades a few months ago.

The announcement could be as soon as next week.

Quote:A couple of things to add.

The GBA has already said they will have a major announcement of a neutral site college football game. They have said it will be the weekend before or the weekend after the Fla/Ga game. That just happens to be the time where ND usually plays Navy. The game was also specifically mentioned as a target when talking stadium upgrades a few months ago.

The announcement could be as soon as next week.

I wonder how/if it will impact the Jaguars schedule if Jacksonville has a college game in back to back weekends?

Is either weekend the same as the Jags playing in London? I need to look that up, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I wonder how/if it will impact the Jaguars schedule if Jacksonville has a college game in back to back weekends?

Is either weekend the same as the Jags playing in London? I need to look that up, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it.

Nothing has been announced yet. This thread is entirely speculation. All we know is that another college game is coming to Jax. Anything beyond that is unconfirmed.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:I wonder how/if it will impact the Jaguars schedule if Jacksonville has a college game in back to back weekends?

I am sure it would be done around that. The London game should be around mid-season, so that game and the bye will always be around the same time Fla/Ga, so the week after the stadium would be empty anyway.

Is there anything that says we can't play the day after a college game? A Thursday night game could also be an option.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Is there anything that says we can't play the day after a college game? A Thursday night game could also be an option.

It has happened before with the Gator Bowl.

Quote:I'm pretty sure FSU vs Alabama still hold the attendance record for Jax municipal at 85,413.

FSU vs anybody would be great. FSU vs Clemson has the geographic potential and rabid fan bases to be an annual staple like the Cocktail party.

Navy vs Notre Dame is a natural for Jax. Fingers crossed.

FSU vs. any high profile good OOC team would be a huge draw.

Navy vs Army or ND would put Jax on the map for either attracting a BCS CG or attract better teams for the Gator Bowl.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Navy/ND was the only game mentioned by name when selling the chance to get priority alt site games after the stadium upgrades. The city has been pushing for years to get it. Would be a huge get for Jacksonville even if it is a one year deal.

Would be an awesome atmosphere.  I would definitely make a big effort to attend.  Would easily sellout.  could be a pretty tough ticket too.

Bringing the FSU / Colorado game here a few years ago was pretty cool.  It would be great to have a few different regular season college games here per year.    I gotta admit that the tailgate with the UF, GA, or FSU chicks would be a lot easier on the eyes than the Navy / ND representation.

Looks like we lost out on The Shamrock series. Notre Dame instead opting for Indianapolis, East Rutherford, Landover, San antonio and Boston over Jax.

I guess no Navy vs Notre Dame for Everbank.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ries-games

Quote:Looks like we lost out on The Shamrock series. Notre Dame instead opting for Indianapolis, East Rutherford, Landover, San antonio and Boston over Jax.

I guess no Navy vs Notre Dame for Everbank.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ries-games

Jax is striking out on a lot of these college games.

Quote:Jax is striking out on a lot of these college games.
My thoughts exactly. Our sports leadership are getting their tails handed to them on a weekly basis.

Quote:My thoughts exactly. Our sports leadership are getting their tails handed to them on a weekly basis.

Alvin Brown did a big upheaval about a year and a half ago with big goals and talking about how the new hires would make things happen in Jacksonville.

He spent A LOT of money for these hires.  It does not appear to be paying dividends.

Quote:Alvin Brown did a big upheaval about a year and a half ago with big goals and talking about how the new hires would make things happen in Jacksonville.

He spent A LOT of money for these hires.  It does not appear to be paying dividends.
Hopefully we recognize and shore up some of our shortfalls when it comes to competing with other markets.

I believe the Shipyards will be key to developing an entertainment district that fans and visitors can enjoy before and after events.

Our leadership must continue improving our sports complex infrastructure and keep us competitive.