Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did the Jags have the toughest 1st half schedule?

The Jaguars played 5 teams that were generally accepted some of the top teams in football (at the time the Jags played them).

Here are some of their records when you take out the games where those 8 teams played eachother.

Kansas City 10-0.

Seattle 9-0.

San Francisco 6-2.

Denver 8-1.

Also, we played Indianapolis when they were at full strength (beat Seattle, San Fan, and Denver).

Tough opening schedule for a 1st year coach.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah I would definitely say it was a more difficult schedule than a lot of other teams had to start off with. 

<b>IN CALDWELL WE TRUST</b>

<b>GO JAGS!</b>

BenceA22

It was a very tough way to start a blow-up / rebuild. 

Or if you are Gus Bradley   - "What a unique opportunity for these young men to fight through some adversity!"  LOL.   His positive spin can be mind-numbing at times - but some of it is pure gold and there's no denying he's got the locker room on board at this point. 

Quote:It was a very tough way to start a blow-up / rebuild.

Or if you are Gus Bradley "What a unique opportunity for these young men to fight through some adversity!" LOL. His positive spin can be mind-numbing at times - but some of it is pure gold and there's no denying he's got the locker room on board at this point.

He puts positives on everything. That gains confidence. I think we got ourselves our guy.
Shock the world

Quote:The Jaguars played 5 teams that were generally accepted some of the top teams in football (at the time the Jags played them).

Here are some of their records when you take out the games where those 8 teams played eachother.

Kansas City 10-0.

Seattle 9-0.

San Francisco 6-2.

Denver 8-1.

Also, we played Indianapolis when they were at full strength (beat Seattle, San Fan, and Denver).

Indeed...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:He puts positives on everything. That gains confidence. I think we got ourselves our guy.

That is why we started winning after the bye week. He gave us confidence we can get the job done to put a winning attitude back in the player who were used to losing. I have said before when you get rid of the losing culture, you start winning games. And that is exactly what Gus Bradley is doing. He is the kind of coach we needed. We just had horrible lluck with the schedule.

One might even include the Chargers on this list with a asterisk -  given their play vs. the Broncos last night.   They whipped us pretty good.  

It would be interesting to see if the slightly improved  Jags would fare differently against the Rams or Raiders if we were to face them again now. 

Quote:One might even include the Chargers on this list with a asterisk - given their play vs. the Broncos last night. They whipped us pretty good.

It would be interesting to see if the slightly improved Jags would fare differently against the Rams or Raiders if we were to face them again now.

Right now... Id bet on the Jags
Shock the world

Quote:The Jaguars played 5 teams that were generally accepted some of the top teams in football (at the time the Jags played them).

Kansas City 10-0.

Seattle 9-0.

San Francisco 6-2.

Denver 8-1.

Very good point.

Quote:One might even include the Chargers on this list with a asterisk -  given their play vs. the Broncos last night.   They whipped us pretty good.  

It would be interesting to see if the slightly improved  Jags would fare differently against the Rams or Raiders if we were to face them again now. 

Blaine Gabbert threw the pick 6 in St. Louis. Subtract that  touchdown and the other turnover that led to a touchdown, and we could have settled for field goals to win the game when Gus Bradley said go for it because we were too far behind. I can't help thinking if Chad Henne had started, we would have had a better chance of winning the Rams game.

San Diego's win in Denver was called "the upset of the year." I had never seen so many three-and-outs by Peyton Manning's team. The Chargers said they were proving a point to all of the people who never gave them a chance. I think we underrated them when they came to Jacksonville.

Kansas City 10-0.

Seattle 9-0.

San Francisco 6-2.

Denver 8-1.

Some of us said this as it was actually happening. Not in retrospect. Its why I knew that all the talk of "WORST TEAM EVARR" was hogwash. 

Quote:Some of us said this as it was actually happening. Not in retrospect. Its why I knew that all the talk of "WORST TEAM EVARR" was hogwash. 

I was told this point was wrong when I mentioned that the first half was a "murder's row" for a new coach. Nice to see so many people come around.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I was told this point was wrong when I mentioned that the first half was a "murder's row" for a new coach. Nice to see so many people come around.

You were right, too, then

To think if the Jags beat the raiders and the rams they are right in the thick of the playoff race.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 11:15 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:To think if the Jags beat the raiders and the rams they are right in the thick of the playoff race.

Why look back at what could have been, ctjags? Its pointless. Just stay within the "what actually is" and go from there. 

Quote:Why look back at what could have been, ctjags? Its pointless. Just stay within the "what actually is" and go from there. 

Not CTjags nimrod.  Who is that anyways?

Do you have some sort of crush on ctjags or something?

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 12:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Not CTjags nimrod.  Who is that anyways?

uh, yeah....ok, ctjags. 

Who are you trying to convince? Me, the board, or you? Wink

Quote:Not CTjags nimrod.  Who is that anyways?

Do you have some sort of crush on ctjags or something?

I think ctjags fed him once.. That's how that begins.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:uh, yeah....ok, ctjags. 

Someone needs to warn CTjags he has a stalker.  It is boarder line creepy at this point. 

Quote:uh, yeah....ok, ctjags. 

He didn't need to convince me.. I already knew.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]