Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"AR15 salty at fans threads"

Quote:I don't understand why you all think we're bottomless money pits. When the Jags decide to be good, we'll all go back to the games. There is no point to waste your money and time to just feel miserable while doing it. I'd rather spend my money on something fun or important.
It's all good. Every team has a segment  of fans that are the definition of fair weather. The rest of us that can will go to every game at The Bank.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is it possible to love them and not like them?  I think so. I love them, but right now, I don't like them. 

No it's not. But it is possible to like them and not love them.

Sosa is dead wrong. If you are really a fan, you have a very good reason to spend money and time supporting the team. Maybe that money is just buying merchandise like t-shirts and hats. Maybe the time is just watching games on TV. I just do that. But if you really love the team, no time or money spent on Jaguars stuff and games is wasted,

If you feed strays they will come back for more.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Will somebody get JFC back on his meds, please?

Quote:Will somebody get JFC back on his meds, please?

JFC is right. The only reason people tell me what they do is to get my reaction. People have actually admitted it.

Quote:Sosa is dead wrong. If you are really a fan, you have a very good reason to spend money and time supporting the team. Maybe that money is just buying merchandise like t-shirts and hats. Maybe the time is just watching games on TV. I just do that. But if you really love the team, no time or money spent on Jaguars stuff and games is wasted,
This is so wrong on so many levels. You watch the games on TV. Big deal. Thousands of fans spend hundreds of dollars to watch them in the stadium. Watching your favorite team either, at home or in the stadium, play like total imbeciles is NOT FUN! Why would people participate in an activity by choice which is NOT FUN?

I go to the dentist, it's not fun. But it's necessary for overall good health. I diet, it's not fun. But it's necessary for overall good health. Going to a Jaguar game is not fun. I don't have to do it for overall good health.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:This is so wrong on so many levels. You watch the games on TV. Big deal. Thousands of fans spend hundreds of dollars to watch them in the stadium. Watching your favorite team either, at home or in the stadium, play like total imbeciles is NOT FUN! Why would people participate in an activity by choice which is NOT FUN?

I go to the dentist, it's not fun. But it's necessary for overall good health. I diet, it's not fun. But it's necessary for overall good health. Going to a Jaguar game is not fun. I don't have to do it for overall good health.

If people actually paid attention to the GOOD stuff we do on the field and sideline, it would be a lot more fun for them. I have explained many times we do a lot of good things that deserve fan attention. It is never ALL bad.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 09:12 PM by the Chiefjag.)

Quote:If people actually paid attention to the GOOD stuff we do on the field and sideline, it would be a lot more fun for them. I have explained many times we do a lot of good things that deserve fan attention. It is never ALL bad.

Getting out of the dentist chair is good too. A few things on my diet are good too. But neither one of those activities I would consider to be fun.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:Getting out of the dentist chair is good too. A few things on my diet are good too. But neither one of those activities I would consider to be fun.

Tell me how seeing the Jaguars make a good play is not fun.

Quote:JFC is right. The only reason people tell me what they do is to get my reaction. People have actually admitted it.

I just want to know are we kool again?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I just want to know are we kool again?

I always liked you.

Quote:Will somebody get JFC back on his meds, please?

Somebody get me my meds NOW!!

I'm itching like ashy Larry!

Quote:Getting out of the dentist chair is good too. A few things on my diet are good too. But neither one of those activities I would consider to be fun.

Definitely spinning your wheels with that girl. Lol. It's the Greatest troll job I've ever seen.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:If people actually paid attention to the GOOD stuff we do on the field and sideline, it would be a lot more fun for them. I have explained many times we do a lot of good things that deserve fan attention. It is never ALL bad.

I'm not trying to fuel another argument here, but surely the 'GOOD' stuff that happens on the field/sidelines (whatever that is) is open to interpretation? It's opinions, right? I mean, you or I could think 'hey that was a good play' and someone else could disagree. Does that mean they're wrong? No, of course it doesn't. It just means that that person has a different opinion. It would be boring if we all agreed.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Is it possible to love them and not like them?   I think so.   I love them, but right now, I don't like them. 

Yeah of course it is. Like when you have a fight with your partner or a family member.. you still love them, but in that moment you don't like them, right?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:It's all good. Every team has a segment of fans that are the definition of fair weather. The rest of us that can will go to every game at The Bank.

Have fun. It is almost 2017. The day and age where East Coast school children are asking for Golden State Warrior gear for Christmas. It's the age of the fairweathered fan. But then again, posting on a team forum constantly kind of removes the fair weathered part, but it's all good.

Agreed.  I would not go to the same mechanic over and over if they weren't fixing my car correctly so that it would run safely and efficiently.  They may do a great job with an oil change.  They may replace the tires flawlessly.  But if I drive away and a mile down the road the check engine light comes on and the car clunks to a dead stop, I'm not thinking about the great oil change and flawless tire replacement while I'm calling the tow truck.  And if the mechanic repeated this scenario 10 out of 12 times, i certainly wouldn't go back for number 13 (probably not even three times) and potentially spend more money hoping that they would get it right on lucky 13.  At least thier work would be under warranty.

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Quote:I'm not trying to fuel another argument here, but surely the 'GOOD' stuff that happens on the field/sidelines (whatever that is) is open to interpretation? It's opinions, right? I mean, you or I could think 'hey that was a good play' and someone else could disagree. Does that mean they're wrong? No, of course it doesn't. It just means that that person has a different opinion. It would be boring if we all agreed.
its useless to explain to her. Its actually a very creative trolling technique that she does. She spends all day telling people what her definition of a real fan is on every post, even though she is a fan of every team. She like hijacking threads and honestly she is the main entertainment here since our season is over

I've been "blessed"  to be a part of these conversations nearly every single year of my life due to being a Jaguars, Utah Jazz, and Colorado Rockies fan.  Every single one of my teams SUCK and have for decades.  One thing I get so tired of, is fans saying that you aren't a true fan unless you act like one of those monkeys with cymbals that you wind up and it just claps and claps like a fool with a dumb smile on it's face.  Teams with fan bases like that, never make tough changes required to get better.  It's not until intelligent fans begin to demand better out of their team that the team seems to have a fire lit under them.  Sometimes, nothing the fans do make a difference either way.  But regardless, I refuse to be wound up and spin around clapping and smiling while this team continues to employ Gus freaking Bradley and puts the product out there on the field in which it does.  

I still wear my Jaguars hat nearly every single day, and everyone around me knows I am a die-hard.  However, I don't blame fans one bit for not going wild when Gus Bradley leads this team onto the field for more pick 6's, missed blocks, and 2 field goals.  When you suck this bad for this long, it's not hard to have more fans of the opposing team in your stadium.  Players start doing their jobs, and I guarantee the fans will start doing theirs.  But don't piss and moan about the fans when you can't do crap on that field for the whole season.  Give me a break!