Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL Christmas(Winter Holiday) Thread***

Hello again lads and gents, Its that time of the year again to dread going to the office Christmas parties.

To figure out what people you will be buying a gift for and what not. 

Who you will be spending time with. And who will you avoid.

What you will be cooking.

What you will cherish the most from what has happened in your life this year.

Feel free to share.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Frozen pizza or whatever i can make in the microwave..

Spending time with myself and trying to avoid myself.

Bah humbug..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The only thing I am dreading is babyish behavior by my 2-year old niece and nephew. And I really am not thinking too much about that.

Now I feel like an idiot. I deleted the emails from my sisters saying what they want and would be embarrassed to ask for them again.

Quote:Frozen pizza or whatever i can make in the microwave..

Bah humbug..

I take it you don't celebrate Christmas? Or do you just not have any family to eat and exchange presents with?

Quote:I take it you don't celebrate Christmas? Or do you just not have any family to eat and exchange presents with?

I use to really like Christmas. Past couple years, not so much.. A lot has happened in my life to change the situation. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger and I'm ready to Hulk out haha

Currently looking for something Jags related to get my girls.  I wanted to get them the pink Jags shirt, but... they don't have it in their size.  I need to get them something Jags related before their mother contaminates them and makes them Eagles fans for life.

Gotta try to do more shopping this week.  My wife keeps asking me what I want, but I really have no clue.

Hope everyone has a good holiday.  Good luck with any shopping and cooking you have to do!  (We're only having Turkey, though I'm making all kinds of candy). 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I'm a broke college student who can't find work so I won't be buying gifts for anyone this year Sad.

I will be spending time with my parents, my brothers, my grandma, and my aunt and uncle. I won't be avoiding anyone except my incredibly annoying neighbor who will eat up half your day if you dare to let him start talking.

We'll be having ham.

Quote:Currently looking for something Jags related to get my girls.  I wanted to get them the pink Jags shirt, but... they don't have it in their size.  I need to get them something Jags related before their mother contaminates them and makes them Eagles fans for life.

Gotta try to do more shopping this week.  My wife keeps asking me what I want, but I really have no clue.

Hope everyone has a good holiday.  Good luck with any shopping and cooking you have to do!  (We're only having Turkey, though I'm making all kinds of candy). 

My mom's an Eagles fan, my dad's a Dolphins fan, my older brother's a Panthers fan, my allegiance is obvious, and my younger brother is a Rams fan.

My parents utterly failed to incorporate us into their respective fan bases, haha. The plus side is that Sundays can be very interesting.

I'm going to be in the Pittsburgh burbs over holidays with the in-laws. Fun people and I like them. But looked the weather yesterday and the HIGH was 17. Yuk.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Bah humbug..

Have you considered volunteering? It might help you feel better. I'm a firm believer in the old truism that things could always be worse.

For instance, about a month ago a friend of mine had a serious motorcycle accident. He's going to be in the hospital and a rehab facility for months and isn't expected to walk until May. Plus, both arms broken. That's bad, but a couple of weeks after this happened his youngest child, 16-years-old, died of a drug overdose experimenting with something friends had given her. The sadness, despair, and hardship for that family right now is soul-crushing and it makes me thankful for the piddling troubles I have.

I'm in no way implying that your troubles are small, but perhaps helping others in equally or worse situations will provide some perspective and help to soothe your pains.

I'm looking forward to two and a half weeks off!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Have you considered volunteering? It might help you feel better. I'm a firm believer in the old truism that things could always be worse.

For instance, about a month ago a friend of mine had a serious motorcycle accident. He's going to be in the hospital and a rehab facility for months and isn't expected to walk until May. Plus, both arms broken. That's bad, but a couple of weeks after this happened his youngest child, 16-years-old, died of a drug overdose experimenting with something friends had given her. The sadness, despair, and hardship for that family right now is soul-crushing and it makes me thankful for the piddling troubles I have.

I'm in no way implying that your troubles are small, but perhaps helping others in equally or worse situations will provide some perspective and help to soothe your pains.

I really have thought about it..

Quote:I really have thought about it..
Cmon over and help me string up lights... one string..couple beers, another string..Patron shot...another.... swig of "apple pie". Fall off ladder, break leg, get pain meds. Repeat.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I really have thought about it..

The Salvation Army, United Way, or the City Rescue Mission are always looking for volunteer help.  It's been quite a few years but I've done a little work a time each with United Way helping build a wheelchair ramp for an elderly person and a clothing drive for the Salvation Army.  I can tell you that they are verrrry grateful for a helping hand.

Quote:Cmon over and help me string up lights... one string..couple beers, another string..Patron shot...another.... swig of "apple pie". Fall off ladder, break leg, get pain meds. Repeat.

Can we skip the falling and stuff and just get straight to the beer and pain meds?  

Quote:Currently looking for something Jags related to get my girls. I wanted to get them the pink Jags shirt, but... they don't have it in their size. I need to get them something Jags related before their mother contaminates them and makes them Eagles fans for life.

Gotta try to do more shopping this week. My wife keeps asking me what I want, but I really have no clue.

Hope everyone has a good holiday. Good luck with any shopping and cooking you have to do! (We're only having Turkey, though I'm making all kinds of candy).

Dear God! Don't get them pink football stuff...unless you think that's the only way they would start wearing it! As a woman it bugs the snot out of me when I see that pink crap on someone!

I love football dang it and I don't need to girlie it up to support my team!!

The great thing about the jags is you've always got the animal print to go with...and what girl doesn't love animal print!! Love
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Donating time is an excellent way to feel better about the holidays.  You have to choose something you feel comfortable doing though.  Some people like taking toys to sick kids in the hospital.  That's something I really liked doing myself.  

Quote:Dear God! Don't get them pink football stuff...unless you think that's the only way they would start wearing it! As a woman it bugs the snot out of me when I see that pink crap on someone!

I love football dang it and I don't need to girlie it up to support my team!!

The great thing about the jags is you've always got the animal print to go with...and what girl doesn't love animal print!! Love

Pink is their favorite color. They are very particular about the clothes they wear.  Ash Grey might not be a bad idea though, and it seems the jags shop has them in stock.  

I don't think pink is about 'girling it up' in any case though.   Pink is just an appealing color to a lot of people, most of which happen to be girls.  It's why most places offer shirts in black, white and grey.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Bah humbug..
Dude, take the 15-17 minutes and put it in the oven. Tastes so much better.

I'm taking WingerDinger out for beer and dancing girls because I think we both need it this year. Smile

Banana

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Cmon over and help me string up lights... one string..couple beers, another string..Patron shot...another.... swig of "apple pie". Fall off ladder, break leg, get pain meds. Repeat.
Check that. Disregard my previous post. I'm now hanging out with Ringo and WingerDinger for the holidays. I want beers, shots, and pain meds too. Can we find a way to get the nurses to double as dancing girls though?

:thanks:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Currently looking for something Jags related to get my girls.  I wanted to get them the pink Jags shirt, but... they don't have it in their size.  I need to get them something Jags related before their mother contaminates them and makes them Eagles fans for life.

You want a colt M4. I'll give you 600 for it. Since you didn't pay for it it's a great deal.