Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL Christmas(Winter Holiday) Thread***

Quote:I'm a broke college student who can't find work so I won't be buying gifts for anyone this year Sad.

I will be spending time with my parents, my brothers, my grandma, and my aunt and uncle. I won't be avoiding anyone except my incredibly annoying neighbor who will eat up half your day if you dare to let him start talking.

We'll be having ham.

My mom's an Eagles fan, my dad's a Dolphins fan, my older brother's a Panthers fan, my allegiance is obvious, and my younger brother is a Rams fan.

My parents utterly failed to incorporate us into their respective fan bases, haha. The plus side is that Sundays can be very interesting.
I'm assuming your family is privy to your situation, your presence at Christmas will be all you, and they need. Enjoy your family.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Currently looking for something Jags related to get my girls.  I wanted to get them the pink Jags shirt, but... they don't have it in their size.  I need to get them something Jags related before their mother contaminates them and makes them Eagles fans for life.

Gotta try to do more shopping this week.  My wife keeps asking me what I want, but I really have no clue.

Hope everyone has a good holiday.  Good luck with any shopping and cooking you have to do!  (We're only having Turkey, though I'm making all kinds of candy). 

My rule when I shop for football team clothing is it must be the team colors. That means all Jaguars stuff must be either teal or black.

It looks like you have the same problem. I just have to hope a men's small is big enough for me to put my hands through the cuffs, which is a problem with the shirt I have now.

I see no problem with your kids being Eagles fans. Because they play in the NFC, the Jaguars only play against them once every four years.

Quote:I'm taking WingerDinger out for beer and dancing girls because I think we both need it this year. Smile

Banana
Amen brother.. I got the second round..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Amen brother.. I got the second round..
Sweet! Don't tell anyone, but I have a ton of pain killers already. I am about to go under the knife because I blew up a knee......... AGAIN!!!! Wallbash

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I'm assuming your family is privy to your situation, your presence at Christmas will be all you, and they need. Enjoy your family.
Yea, they're all aware and aren't the "it's all about receiving" kind of people anyways. I just wish I was able to give them something after everything they've (esp. my parents) done for me.

I'm working on some custom Facebook covers for them though. It's not much, but it's one of the few things that I can do, given my budget of $0 and my computer-oriented skill set.

Quote:Sweet! Don't tell anyone, but I have a ton of pain killers already. I am about to go under the knife because I blew up a knee......... AGAIN!!!! Wallbash
Good god dude, not cool.. I hope everything goes well under that knife.. Which hospital you going to?

Quote:Good god dude, not cool.. I hope everything goes well under that knife.. Which hospital you going to?
JOI. Dr Hastings has done 3 surgeries on me already, and is pretty awesome. They have their own surgery center.

He keeps fixing me, and I keep breaking me shortly thereafter. It's a good working relationship.....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:JOI. Dr Hastings has done 3 surgeries on me already, and is pretty awesome. They have their own surgery center.

He keeps fixing me, and I keep breaking me shortly thereafter. It's a good working relationship.....
Well best of luck on that one.. Can't imagine and I hope you get well soon duder!!

I work at an outpatient clinic near Shands off of 8th street.. Sometimes, we know what we're doing haha

Quote:Well best of luck on that one.. Can't imagine and I hope you get well soon duder!!

I work at an outpatient clinic near Shands off of 8th street.. Sometimes, we know what we're doing haha
Doc H is great. He has worked wonders with me, and I am really grateful for having him. I have a form of arthritis called Calcium Pyrophosphate Deposition Disease (CPPD). It has really screwed up the joints in my legs over the years. It tears up the cartilage and meniscus on a degenerative basis. It's just something I deal with, and usually following a surgery, I feel a great deal better. It's been a couple years since my last knee job, which is almost a record for me. I will be a whole new man after Doc H fixes me up again.

Quote:Doc H is great. He has worked wonders with me, and I am really grateful for having him. I have a form of arthritis called Calcium Pyrophosphate Deposition Disease (CPPD). It has really screwed up the joints in my legs over the years. It tears up the cartilage and meniscus on a degenerative basis. It's just something I deal with, and usually following a surgery, I feel a great deal better. It's been a couple years since my last knee job, which is almost a record for me. I will be a whole new man after Doc H fixes me up again.
Yeah you're definitely on some good stuff for that.. I imagine a form of nsaid too.. 

Quote:Doc H is great.

That's good, I had a procedure done not long ago, I had doc tony. Not cool!

Quote:Yeah you're definitely on some good stuff for that.. I imagine a form of nsaid too.. 
Oh yeah. I go between Lortab and Percocet for the most part for pain.

The NSAIDS I take include Indocin, Lodine (haven't taken that in years though) and Celebrex.

I'm between a rock and a hard place though. Despite my self made reputation around here, I do try to avoid the narcotic pain meds when I can. The downside is that I can go as high as 3200MG of Ibuprofen per day if I don't take the narcotic pain meds. The doctors absolutely HATE hearing that I take that much, because it's nuclear to my liver. So, either I take an addictive narcotic which I can get hooked on, or blow up my digestive system taking massive quantities of NSAIDs. It's sort of a no-win deal.

Quote:That's good, I had a procedure done not long ago, I had doc tony. Not cool!
Did he do it, or did his dog? This is really important. Smile

Quote:Oh yeah. I go between Lortab and Percocet for the most part for pain.

The NSAIDS I take include Indocin, Lodine (haven't taken that in years though) and Celebrex.

I'm between a rock and a hard place though. Despite my self made reputation around here, I do try to avoid the narcotic pain meds when I can. The downside is that I can go as high as 3200MG of Ibuprofen per day if I don't take the narcotic pain meds. The doctors absolutely HATE hearing that I take that much, because it's nuclear to my liver. So, either I take an addictive narcotic which I can get hooked on, or blow up my digestive system taking massive quantities of NSAIDs. It's sort of a no-win deal.
Double edged sword.. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. No real cure for cppd either, just treatments so you're basically stuck with meds upon meds and treatment after treatment.. I'm sorry to hear that. 

Quote:Did he do it, or did his dog? This is really important. Smile

Actually, I think it was his cowboy hat.

Quote:I use to really like Christmas. Past couple years, not so much.. A lot has happened in my life to change the situation. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger and I'm ready to Hulk out haha

Life sometimes throws us a curveball that will dampen our spirits. WD you will make it through. 

Quote:I'm a broke college student who can't find work so I won't be buying gifts for anyone this year Sad.

I will be spending time with my parents, my brothers, my grandma, and my aunt and uncle. I won't be avoiding anyone except my incredibly annoying neighbor who will eat up half your day if you dare to let him start talking.

We'll be having ham.
Dont worry about the gifts, just the mere presence of family, friends, and loved ones in each other company counts.

I learned to write beautiful cards during my college days since they only cost a buck or two.

Quote:I'm going to be in the Pittsburgh burbs over holidays with the in-laws. Fun people and I like them. But looked the weather yesterday and the HIGH was 17. Yuk.

Hoping you have a safe trip. If you manage to get drunk, dont hang out with college kids because this will happen.

http://youtu.be/azUbx8XwOlU

Quote:Have you considered volunteering? It might help you feel better. I'm a firm believer in the old truism that things could always be worse.

For instance, about a month ago a friend of mine had a serious motorcycle accident. He's going to be in the hospital and a rehab facility for months and isn't expected to walk until May. Plus, both arms broken. That's bad, but a couple of weeks after this happened his youngest child, 16-years-old, died of a drug overdose experimenting with something friends had given her. The sadness, despair, and hardship for that family right now is soul-crushing and it makes me thankful for the piddling troubles I have.

I'm in no way implying that your troubles are small, but perhaps helping others in equally or worse situations will provide some perspective and help to soothe your pains.

Excellent point.

Quote:I'm looking forward to two and a half weeks off!

Why did I read this considering there is a strong possibility I may be working on Christmas Day? Can we trade?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Dont worry about the gifts, just the mere presence of family, friends, and loved ones in each other company counts.

I learned to write beautiful cards during my college days since they only cost a buck or two.

I opted to make a few Facebook covers for people because it's free (Adobe Master Suite CS6 was covered in my tuition, so not "free free" but the gifts themselves are still free) and it's something that the people I've made one for have mentioned wanting relatively recently. I'm not generally terribly artistic, but it's something that I am capable of doing because I at least understand most of the mechanics of Photoshop, and it's "hand" made.  This is the one that I made/am making for my mom (watermark excluded, and slightly larger of course, I just don't want it being stolen and used):

[Image: ECk7lot.png?1]

She's a big fan of music and often (not in the she has to use it often just that it's the most frequently used one) uses it as a get away so she semi-jokingly says that music is her drug of choice. Also, her favorite band is Seether and that happens to be the same font used in their logo. What do you guys think? It's always helpful to get input from others on your work Smile

Quote:Dont worry about the gifts, just the mere presence of family, friends, and loved ones in each other company counts.

Yeah, cards are always good Smile.

Quote:I opted to make a few Facebook covers for people because it's free (Adobe Master Suite CS6 was covered in my tuition, so not "free free" but the gifts themselves are still free) and it's something that the people I've made one for have mentioned wanting relatively recently. I'm not generally terribly artistic, but it's something that I am capable of doing because I at least understand most of the mechanics of Photoshop, and it's "hand" made.  This is the one that I made/am making for my mom (watermark excluded, and slightly larger of course, I just don't want it being stolen and used):

[Image: ECk7lot.png?1]

She's a big fan of music and often (not in the she has to use it often just that it's the most frequently used one) uses it as a get away so she semi-jokingly says that music is her drug of choice. Also, her favorite band is Seether and that happens to be the same font used in their logo. What do you guys think? It's always helpful to get input from others on your work Smile

That's a nice cover photo. Do you have anymore you can post, or PM? Im a music fan myself and wouldn't mind snagging a few from you.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.