Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would All Of This Have Been Possible...

Would all of this - the current winning streak - have been possible with Mike Mularkey?  Last year got off to such a horrible start that I lost track early; I did not visit the site that often, so 2012 is kind of a blur as to what Mularkey was like as a coach.

Cheers

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No. He wouldn't have been able to motivate this team to keep focused the way Gus has.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Would all of this - the current winning streak - have been possible with Mike Mularkey?  Last year got off to such a horrible start that I lost track early; I did not visit the site that often, so 2012 is kind of a blur as to what Mularkey was like as a coach.

Cheers

Is this serious?

Not a chance.. Mularkey is like that cheap sliced cheese made with oil and tastes like garbage.. Gus is Velveeta.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Not a chance.. Mularkey is like that cheap sliced cheese made with oil and tastes like garbage.. Gus is Velveeta.

And Chip Kelly is Finlandia. 

Quote:And Chip Kelly is Finlandia.

You're that stinky cheese..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:You're that stinky cheese..

don't be a hata

I didn't want Chip Kelly as our coach.  I think you can do well with a defensive minded coach as long as the coach doesn't hinder the offense.  My biggest problem with Del Rio was his proclamation of no more 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  Tom C has always been an offensive guy who preached balance.  The way assistant coaches were jettisoned and the way we played offense was awful.

The perspective of time has made me appreciate David and even Byron more but man Jack was a mediocre head coach.  Keep chopping wood indeed.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I didn't want Chip Kelly as our coach.  I think you can do well with a defensive minded coach as long as the coach doesn't hinder the offense.  My biggest problem with Del Rio was his proclamation of no more 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  Tom C has always been an offensive guy who preached balance.  The way assistant coaches were jettisoned and the way we played offense was awful.

The perspective of time has made me appreciate David and even Byron more but man Jack was a mediocre head coach.  Keep chopping wood indeed.

Agreed with the Del Rio portion, and agree with the defensive minded coach point, but to not want Chip Kelly here is kinda ridiculous. It sounds like the underdog complex of this forum rearing its ugly head again...

I wasn't sold on Chip Kelly's system.  Up to this point I don't think his system is taking the NFL by storm.  Honestly do you really think he is doing a better job that Andy Reid?  Seems like better turnover differential is helping the Eagles out more than the offensive "system".

The Khan Years

Quote:Would all of this - the current winning streak - have been possible with Mike Mularkey? Last year got off to such a horrible start that I lost track early; I did not visit the site that often, so 2012 is kind of a blur as to what Mularkey was like as a coach.

Cheers

Go home Mike Mularkey; you're drunk.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 11:24 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I wasn't sold on Chip Kelly's system.  Up to this point I don't think his system is taking the NFL by storm.  Honestly do you really think he is doing a better job that Andy Reid?  Seems like better turnover differential is helping the Eagles out more than the offensive "system".

Chip Kelly isn't winning in the NFL solely by "Chip Kelly's system". As Kelly himself stated in his most recent press conference - that was how the media pigeon holed Kelly. Kelly never said he was going to run a carbon copy of that in the NFL or wouldn't adjust to the NFL. 

What makes Kelly a great coach is his ability to truly make the most with what talent he has. He's flexible and smart enough to fit a system around the players he has at that particular time. Most coaches are NOT like this. Most coaches are rigid and can only do it the way of trying to find players that will fit into their rigid system. 

There were some reports that the team quit on MM last year, so no, not possible.

As for the hijacked portion of the thread, Chip Kelly will not last as a head coach for long. He is realizing some limited success based on the newness of some of his scheme and lack of film and study by opposing teams.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I wasn't sold on Chip Kelly's system<strong>.  Up to this point I don't think his system is taking the NFL by storm.  </strong>Honestly do you really think he is doing a better job that Andy Reid?  Seems like better turnover differential is helping the Eagles out more than the offensive "system".

<span style="font-family:arial;">Have you watched any of the Eagles games? CK's offense has absolutely taken the NFL by storm, just look at Nick Foles YPA (9.0), and it's because he's made adjustments to his offense. If you watched the Eagles this year you would notice once constant, Desean Jackson, Riley Cooper et.. inexplicably get wide open (at least twice/game) downfield, and it's because of the design of the offense. Chip Kelly has been lauded by many as an offensive genius, I was a skeptic at the beginning of the year but he's proved me wrong, that man knows what he's doing.

</span>

Okay if you are willing to look at our competition as a cause of our winning...  Any chance Chip Kelly is benefiting from the opponents they are playing?  I haven't watched every snap of the Eagles this year but it doesn't seem like anything that Andy Reid hasn't done in the past.  I think Andy gets a bum wrap.

The Khan Years

Quote:There were some reports that the team quit on MM last year, so no, not possible.

As for the hijacked portion of the thread, Chip Kelly will not last as a head coach for long. He is realizing some limited success based on the newness of some of his scheme and lack of film and study by opposing teams.

I adamantly disagree, Chip Kelly has made adjustments to that offense since implementing it in Philadelphia, and that's what good coaches do, I don't get some of the ignorance around here. I've heard the likes of former GM's such as Scott Pioli & Bill Polian, the great Gil Brandt, and former scouts such as Pat Kirwan (via XM radio) that have not only praised the adjustments CK has made but have spoken to personnel men and other NFL executives that have praised him as well. Chip Kelly has been called a genius by a number of former players, at the end of the day your perception doesn't meet the reality, and the reality is that offense has taken the NFL by storm and has been darn near unstoppable at times, give credit where it's due.

Quote:Would all of this - the current winning streak - have been possible with Mike Mularkey?  Last year got off to such a horrible start that I lost track early; I did not visit the site that often, so 2012 is kind of a blur as to what Mularkey was like as a coach.

Cheers

We would have been more competitive prior to our bye week.  It could not have been any worse.

Quote:I adamantly disagree, Chip Kelly has made adjustments to that offense since implementing it in Philadelphia, and that's what good coaches do, I don't get some of the ignorance around here. I've heard the likes of former GM's such as Scott Pioli & Bill Polian, the great Gil Brandt, and former scouts such as Pat Kirwan (via XM radio) that have not only praised the adjustments CK has made but have spoken to personnel men and other NFL executives that have praised him as well. Chip Kelly has been called a genius by a number of former players, at the end of the day your perception doesn't meet the reality, and the reality is that offense has taken the NFL by storm and has been darn near unstoppable at times, give credit where it's due.
We shall see. That storm of an offense has only compiled eight wins so far. Sorry for my "ignorance" but I will wait for more than one season of this "storm" that has taken over the NFL to anoint CK the genius that you and all those other names you dropped up there do.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:We shall see. That storm of an offense has only compiled eight wins so far. Sorry for my "ignorance" but I will wait for more than one season of this "storm" that has taken over the NFL to anoint CK the genius that you and all those other names you dropped up there do.

You were called ignorant because you prematurely stated CK won't last in the league long, it's a dumb statement considering you have no tangible proof to say such a thing, especially considering how productive the offense has been. Only 8 wins? There are a lot of teams that would like to have 8 wins right now, considering two of those losses were to the Broncos & Chiefs while Michael Vick was at the helm, I see nothing wrong with a 8-5 record considering they win games solely with their offense, their defense is the 30th ranked unit in football genius.

Quote:We shall see. That storm of an offense has only compiled eight wins so far. Sorry for my "ignorance" but I will wait for more than one season of this "storm" that has taken over the NFL to anoint CK the genius that you and all those other names you dropped up there do.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the impact Chip Kelly has had on the Philadelphia Eagles offense, they are the 3rd ranked offense in all of football, they were 15th last year with a more talented supporting cast as Jeremy Maclin was playing.